GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Big Big Gigs"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/06/05 at 11:52
Regular
Saw U2 in Manchester on the 14th. That was awesome, although The Bravery were -awful- as support. Someone behind me shouted "Play the one we know and ____ off", which was pretty much what everyone was thinking. Snow Patrol were alright, just not meant for stadiums methinks.

Then R.E.M in Sheffield on the 15th. Nice gig, but my sister has informed me she's booked us tickets for the Hyde Park gig in July, so awesome.

Just booked my tickets for Oasis on the 10th July at MK Bowl. With Coral supporting, not dirty Doherty and his godawful shriek-band. The new awful one, that is. So that'll be nice.

But the gig I'm looking forward to the most is Idlewild in London on 5th August as part of the Grolsch Summer Set. Not a big band, obviously, but my favourite band and they were unbelievably good when I saw them in Leeds in April.

So, yeah, anyone else gone/going to any of the big stadium type gigs?
Mon 20/06/05 at 11:52
Regular
Saw U2 in Manchester on the 14th. That was awesome, although The Bravery were -awful- as support. Someone behind me shouted "Play the one we know and ____ off", which was pretty much what everyone was thinking. Snow Patrol were alright, just not meant for stadiums methinks.

Then R.E.M in Sheffield on the 15th. Nice gig, but my sister has informed me she's booked us tickets for the Hyde Park gig in July, so awesome.

Just booked my tickets for Oasis on the 10th July at MK Bowl. With Coral supporting, not dirty Doherty and his godawful shriek-band. The new awful one, that is. So that'll be nice.

But the gig I'm looking forward to the most is Idlewild in London on 5th August as part of the Grolsch Summer Set. Not a big band, obviously, but my favourite band and they were unbelievably good when I saw them in Leeds in April.

So, yeah, anyone else gone/going to any of the big stadium type gigs?
Mon 20/06/05 at 11:57
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I've been offered about 3 tickets for U2 at Hampden but I can't bring myself to pay £60 to see them.

Interpol are the support... I'd like them but they're not really the best support for a U2 crowd.
Mon 20/06/05 at 12:00
Regular
Can't be as bad as the Bravery. Their kit mucked up twice, which they didn't notice for a while, until people started shouting "You're not worthy".

They're worth £60 to see. U2, that is. Brilliant gig. He stuck a few lines of Love Will Tear Us Apart in With or Without You. Manc crowd loved it.
Mon 20/06/05 at 12:31
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Oasis next Thursday a the City of Mancs stadium.

Cant chuffing wait!
Mon 20/06/05 at 12:32
Regular
"lets go back"
Idlewild, eh. They were the first band I ever saw live, a few years back.

I'm not going to see anyone decent any time soon. Ive got tickets to see McFly in September *hangs head in shame*. I'll have to try and get out of that one. And I'm going to see Rooster in October. Again not the best band ever, but much better than McFly, and they put on a great show.

I really need to start going to some better gigs.
Mon 20/06/05 at 15:55
Regular
"\\"
I'm off to Taste Of Chaos in November....

Funeral For A Friend, The Used, Story Of The Year, Killswitch Engage.

...STFU! Rise Against are playing too :(
Mon 20/06/05 at 18:26
Regular
"duwhat"
I've got Oasis, Ryan Adams and Interpol coming up. I'm going the day Doves support Oasis, so that should be pretty cool.

I'd love to see U2, but don't want to pay the amount the tickets go for.
Mon 20/06/05 at 19:35
Regular
"Gotta Splat 'em all"
I went to greenday at the bowl with jimmy eat world and taking bak sunday in support.Jimmy eat world were amazing, and so were greenday, apart from the sik twisted moment that billie joe had. Taking bak sunday were, unfortunately, lame live, and there was also this random new band, Hard fi...anyone heard of them?
Next up is Funeral for a friend in Birmigham, and then INME atb the PITZ
Mon 20/06/05 at 19:44
Regular
"Better Than You"
Hard-fi are amazing and they were great live when I saw them when they were supporting Embrace. Download some of their songs, ones that pop to my mind are Cash Machine, Hard to Beat and Tied up too Tight.

Also I got Coldplay coming up on July 5th at Reebok Stadium and can't blooming wait. Any one else going?
Mon 20/06/05 at 20:06
Regular
"Gotta Splat 'em all"
I didnt like them...maybe it was their version of the white stripes with a badly played bass line...that went 20 times faster than the original it reely ddint sound good

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.