GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Big Big Gigs"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/06/05 at 11:52
Regular
Saw U2 in Manchester on the 14th. That was awesome, although The Bravery were -awful- as support. Someone behind me shouted "Play the one we know and ____ off", which was pretty much what everyone was thinking. Snow Patrol were alright, just not meant for stadiums methinks.

Then R.E.M in Sheffield on the 15th. Nice gig, but my sister has informed me she's booked us tickets for the Hyde Park gig in July, so awesome.

Just booked my tickets for Oasis on the 10th July at MK Bowl. With Coral supporting, not dirty Doherty and his godawful shriek-band. The new awful one, that is. So that'll be nice.

But the gig I'm looking forward to the most is Idlewild in London on 5th August as part of the Grolsch Summer Set. Not a big band, obviously, but my favourite band and they were unbelievably good when I saw them in Leeds in April.

So, yeah, anyone else gone/going to any of the big stadium type gigs?
Mon 04/07/05 at 21:21
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
U2 are boring, all the guitar riffs are the same.

At least in the old days they were a bit more melancholy, and the lyrics had some worth, now it's "Woah vertigo lolz m8z!!11"
Mon 04/07/05 at 13:13
Regular
"SOUP!"
I really don't like stadium gigs.

The view often sucks so you're watching the big screen, basically the same as watching the gig on telly, only more expensive and less comfortable.

I enjoy smaller gigs and smaller venues, they sound better and the atmosphere is much more electric.
Mon 04/07/05 at 13:01
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
do you not find it.... contradictory? (sp?) "I
> want to help end world poverty" on the one hand, followed up by
> a "We're doing a new world tour - tickets will be as much as 85
> quid..."

--

It's not as if people who want to see U2 can't afford 60 pounds. If you've got a problem with paying it, don't go. Which you didn't. I didn't have a problem, so I paid and went. Both of us remain happy, which is good.

U2 do a lot of ambassador work to drop the debt, which is a good cause. But, like the focus of Live8, it's to raise awareness, not shove their money into Africa. I'm sure they donate a lot, but they're simply not rich enough to make a difference even if they donate all the money they have. And finally, this is their job. It's the way they make their living. They're the biggest band in the world, and can get away with charging higher than avergae ticket prices because of the huge demand to see them. The tickets sold out amazingly fast. So, yeah, I don't find it contradictory, not in the slightest. I didn't pay to feel good that maybe I've helped Africa in some ridiculously small way, I paid because I really wanted to see one of my favourite bands. If U2 didn't do any charity work at ALL, and they charged 60 quid to see them still, you wouldn't be saying this at all, I'd guess.

Still, it's a bit pricey and all :)
Mon 04/07/05 at 12:07
Regular
Stryke wrote:
> Good thing you didn't go then, really
> --

Very much so.

> Interestingly enough, as I didn't insert 60 note into a big charity
> box, I don't care if none of it goes.

Ignoring the fact that there is no such as a 60 quid note, it's a fair point. But do you not find it.... contradictory? (sp?) "I want to help end world poverty" on the one hand, followed up by a "We're doing a new world tour - tickets will be as much as 85 quid..."
Sat 02/07/05 at 14:35
atmosphere*

Coldplay were amazing, but didn't play Trouble or Shiver

Supergrass were amazing, but didn't play Alright

Morning Runner were ok
Sat 02/07/05 at 08:51
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Don't really like big big gigs. Saw Radiohead at Earls Court and it was rubbish. Much prefer smaller venues - went to Cargo the other night to see Sage Francis, far better atnosphere (can NEVER spell that word) and sound.
Sat 02/07/05 at 08:48
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
The Boffin wrote:
> I've got Oasis, Ryan Adams and Interpol coming up. I'm going the day
> Doves support Oasis, so that should be pretty cool.
>

Ryan Adams.

*cries*
Fri 01/07/05 at 22:10
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
> £60 for a U2 ticket, when:
>
> A). They're not actually that great a band.

--

Good thing you didn't go then, really

--
> B). Bonio harps on about "Make Poverty History"?
>
> How much of your 60 quid wen to charity, do you think?

--

Interestingly enough, as I didn't insert 60 note into a big charity box, I don't care if none of it goes.
Fri 01/07/05 at 16:48
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Exactly YH

They still make millions, haven't they got enough.
Fri 01/07/05 at 16:43
Regular
"Selected"
Do you all make a habit of going to see the worst bands?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.