GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Man United"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/06/05 at 17:23
Regular
"paid, laid and made"
Van Der Sar
Si Jung Park
Fri 15/07/05 at 18:09
"Darkness, always"
I'd rather we lost our qualifier to some unknown Lithuanian side and finished 5th in the league. Glazer would have no way of servicing his debt and would have to find the back door after less than a year in control.

The club would take years to recover, but at least the fans would have an opportunity to buy into it again.
Fri 15/07/05 at 11:49
Regular
"not dead"
Exactly. And we're not even talking second best; in recent years we're talking third best in the league.

It's significantly easier to market winners.
Fri 15/07/05 at 11:15
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> And if we don't win the league again in the next couple of seasons,
> then Glazer's ideas for marketing to the USA won't go down well -
> they don't buy into the second best team over there.

We don't buy into the sport itself let alone the second best team of it.
Fri 15/07/05 at 10:45
Regular
"not dead"
Insane Bartender wrote:

> Does that not scare anyone else?

Yes.

But essentially the guy wants to make money out of it, which he'll only do if the team is successful. Selling our best players would have to be considered a last resort, as it would make success less likely.

What he really needs to happen is for the youth academy to start producing again - imagine another group of youngsters all breaking through at the same time like the Nevilles, Scholes, Beckham - that's millions of pounds worth of talent, for nothing.

The next two seasons are crucial, in particular in the Champion's League. We need the money from getting to around the semi-final stage (at the very worst the quarter's) and cannot afford to go out at the first knockout stage - Hell, it'd be better to end third in the group and do well in the EUFA cup.

And if we don't win the league again in the next couple of seasons, then Glazer's ideas for marketing to the USA won't go down well - they don't buy into the second best team over there.

Still, too many ifs, buts, and maybes for me to start peeing in my pants just yet.
Thu 14/07/05 at 18:16
"Darkness, always"
Every player we buy, every name we add to the wage bill, every penny we spend satisfying the greed of footballing agents only adds to the debt under which Manchester United is operating.

This means higher ticket prices, more expensive match day refreshments, more aggressive product marketing (and less aggressively priced merchandise at that), and brings ever closer the time when Old Trafford must be renamed, or even sold, to service the debt. The players will also have to be out the door. As the on-field success falters with the reduction of talent in the first team squad, out the window also goes the Champion's League revenue, matchday income from plastic fans supporting Chelsea, and increased winnings from Premiership placing.

So the spiral goes, until Manchester United are relegated, and put into administration, while Glazer walks out scot free.

Does that not scare anyone else?
Thu 14/07/05 at 12:18
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I've seen some stories reporting that United are still keen to sign Bayern Munich's Michael Ballack, who apparently wants to leave Bayern now and has set his sights on a move to England as his next venture.

But of course, I didn't read this in The Sun! It was on the BBC Ceefax pages, apparently, the Daily Mail have the story.

What a signing that would be...

But, if Football Manager 2005 is anything to go buy, José Mourinho will have signed him in time for last season; in which he'll go on to score over 20 league goals and win them the title! :S
Tue 12/07/05 at 10:35
Regular
"lewis"
hello buddy
Mon 27/06/05 at 16:10
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Matthewd wrote:
> i think that vander sar and ji sung park will improve the squad and i
> think that with the players that we have got we can win the
> premiership

Maybe with the players, but not with the manager.
Mon 27/06/05 at 15:46
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
down wrote:
> The two clubs haven't agreed yet, and PSV apparently want big money
> for him.

£4mil - Bahargain
Sun 26/06/05 at 09:42
Regular
"matt"
i think that vander sar and ji sung park will improve the squad and i think that with the players that we have got we can win the premiership

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.