GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Its all going too fast...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/06/01 at 19:43
Regular
....when I was younger I used to enjoy playing each and every game that I brought for that console, it was great, I could spend months on the game and complete it with no worries, knowing that I could then wait for another game much like it.

Nowadays, I seem to rush to complete the games that I play, I don't feel I enjoy them as much as I could, maybe this is down to the part-time job I have which is to test games, with this I seem to look and try to find bugs and glitches no matter if I am playing for leisure or not, and sometimes I think that I can't enjoy a game as much as I used to when I was a kid playing the games which created what everyone is playing today...

..It is very rare for a game to be released and me buy/play/complete it and enjoy it as much as I used to, infact only a few games in the past few years have made me feel that there is more to come, I am not sure whether I am losing faith in the gaming industry, getting bored of waiting or thinking that no games compare to the ones I used to play ten or more years ago, a point that I must add is these games that have impressed me in the last few years have been all across the platforms, not just one particular one..

What is it then that is making me feel that the majority of games I am playing nowadays are getting to be a bore and only a few have 'any' replay value...

...it is in my opinion the speed at which the market is moving that is the problem, companies are churning out games which forces others to act alike, infact Rare are so well respected because they only release about seven titles a year. Probably for every eighty games that are released we will recieve one excellent game that marks a new era in gaming (Phantasy Star Online).

Every few years we are introduced to different consoles that promise us better games, but as far as I can see these games are only graphically and visually better than the ones I was playing ten years ago, these consoles can hang around for a few years or walk straight into the graveyard where they should be, there is only one console that can safely claim the crown of 'greatness' this has to be the Gameboy, whether it be the original one or any of the others up until the Advance, this handheld never left the market, had the games which make me happy and because it is not powerful the companies are not trying to visually impress the gamer, but instead offer them a piece of gaming worth playing, not just worth looking at, and games from ten years ago are still alike the ones released today.

The market is getting too fast, we have the fast consoles and the broken down consoles but the console (handheld) that is always reliable and never breaks down is the GameBoy.

Thanks for reading
er-no
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Fri 01/06/01 at 19:43
Regular
"everyone says it"
....when I was younger I used to enjoy playing each and every game that I brought for that console, it was great, I could spend months on the game and complete it with no worries, knowing that I could then wait for another game much like it.

Nowadays, I seem to rush to complete the games that I play, I don't feel I enjoy them as much as I could, maybe this is down to the part-time job I have which is to test games, with this I seem to look and try to find bugs and glitches no matter if I am playing for leisure or not, and sometimes I think that I can't enjoy a game as much as I used to when I was a kid playing the games which created what everyone is playing today...

..It is very rare for a game to be released and me buy/play/complete it and enjoy it as much as I used to, infact only a few games in the past few years have made me feel that there is more to come, I am not sure whether I am losing faith in the gaming industry, getting bored of waiting or thinking that no games compare to the ones I used to play ten or more years ago, a point that I must add is these games that have impressed me in the last few years have been all across the platforms, not just one particular one..

What is it then that is making me feel that the majority of games I am playing nowadays are getting to be a bore and only a few have 'any' replay value...

...it is in my opinion the speed at which the market is moving that is the problem, companies are churning out games which forces others to act alike, infact Rare are so well respected because they only release about seven titles a year. Probably for every eighty games that are released we will recieve one excellent game that marks a new era in gaming (Phantasy Star Online).

Every few years we are introduced to different consoles that promise us better games, but as far as I can see these games are only graphically and visually better than the ones I was playing ten years ago, these consoles can hang around for a few years or walk straight into the graveyard where they should be, there is only one console that can safely claim the crown of 'greatness' this has to be the Gameboy, whether it be the original one or any of the others up until the Advance, this handheld never left the market, had the games which make me happy and because it is not powerful the companies are not trying to visually impress the gamer, but instead offer them a piece of gaming worth playing, not just worth looking at, and games from ten years ago are still alike the ones released today.

The market is getting too fast, we have the fast consoles and the broken down consoles but the console (handheld) that is always reliable and never breaks down is the GameBoy.

Thanks for reading
er-no

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.