GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Looks like Rare might suck after all...."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/06/05 at 09:36
Regular
8.1 for Conker and the multiplayer's no fun.....suck much?

[URL]http://xbox.ign.com/articles/626/626725p1.html[/URL]

I always thought the multiplayer looked pretty guff.
Sun 19/06/05 at 03:16
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
I was only 11 when BFD came out.
Sun 19/06/05 at 00:27
Regular
"8==="
Yep, important to note that the reviewer loved the original.

It would have been interesting to see a review/2nd opinion by someone who never played the original to see how they rated it.
Sun 19/06/05 at 00:17
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Readers are giving it 9.1 - And the IGN review seemed a little whiney to me (like the review for GTA3 on the PC IGN)

The demo I played was a lot of fun - so I'm definitly intending to pick it up
Sat 18/06/05 at 20:46
Regular
"8==="
1. It's IGN (They think games like Crash 'N' Burn are Burnout clones simply because the graphics are similar)

2. IGN are really inconsistant now.

3. Complicated multiplayer? OH NOES!!!111

4. Like most multiplayer it's going to be down to who you play it with.

5. It was originally an N64 title that got something like 9.9, you think a re-approached version getting 8.1 6 years later is BAD!?
Sat 18/06/05 at 17:32
Regular
Electric Eel... was that the really annoying underwater part? Reading this has made me want to get my n64 out.
Sat 18/06/05 at 13:38
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Cool, I'm happy then. :-) Shame they cut out sections like the electric eel though. :-( I guess on the plus side, its not the key parts with the best cutscenes and stuff though.

Tilt - I agree that the beeping adds to the humour, but they've beeped extra words out over the original - including the Sloprano song. Beeping the words in that just seems to ruin the song a bit for me.
Sat 18/06/05 at 13:06
Regular
"Touched!"
Oh and there is an option to turn on and off the censorship.
Sat 18/06/05 at 13:04
Regular
"Touched!"
They said it was a 9 for single player but a 7 for mutli. So it sounds like mainly for SP lovers only. I might still get it because I missed out on bad fur day.
Sat 18/06/05 at 12:59
Regular
Edgy wrote:

> Therefore 8/10 is way above average.

This is true.

But by the sounds of it all the good bits come from the old N64 game. The only worthwhile bits from the new Rare are the graphics, the multiplayer's dull and over complex and they've also dumbed down a few of the sections in the single player that didn't need to be dumbed down.
Sat 18/06/05 at 12:24
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> I'm still definatly getting it. One thing though, its called Conker
> Live and "Uncensored" right ? From the clips I've seen,
> not only are the old words still bleeped out and still censored in
> the speech bubbles, but they've bleeped out even more of the words
> than before !

The bleeping out of f*** and c*** is all part of the Conker humour though. As far as I'm aware there's not any extra censorship that wasn't featured on the N64 version.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.