GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wat do you think of Gameadays offers....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/06/01 at 18:41
Regular
I have seen loads of people on the net that have one gameaday prizes, so i no that people do win them but is it a good offer. i think that it is an excellent competion and is well worth trying to win!!!
Tue 05/06/01 at 17:49
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
It would be really fair if you won all the time KAZOOIE wouldn't it. I am guessing that is what you mean by more fairly.
Tue 05/06/01 at 17:39
I really think that they should judge the entries more fairly. No offense to the judges, of course!!!!
Mon 04/06/01 at 20:39
I reckon it's the people who post short messages, but very regularly that win Gameaday.

I mean, I've only posted a few messages since I signed up, which is why I'm a newbie.

The judges are right in thinking that these people who make short but regular contributions are actually giving more to the discussion boards and making them more interesting than someone who posts once and writes an in-depth 10 page review of a recent game for their post.

I mean, there's no point in just trying to suck up to the mods for a Gameaday prize by trying to impress them once, or standing up for them in times of verbal (keyboard orientated) attack

Is there?..........
Mon 04/06/01 at 19:28
Regular
From what I see, the people who win GAD are real newbies on the first few posts/reviews, and then regulars who post several entries that could win, every day.

If you just post something once a day, every now and again, (a bit like me), then it seems pretty unlikely that you'll when. I won twice when I was really new, but not since then, and I don't think the quality of my reviews/posts has really gone down.
Sat 02/06/01 at 20:49
Regular
Okay... right *checks their sanity rate*
Sat 02/06/01 at 10:54
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
Thanks for the info TurboNutter. Sounds quite fair to me, but it still seems like the same people are being picked, but it is because they make the best posts.
Sat 02/06/01 at 01:13
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Dav3443 wrote:
> Well, i hav seen lots of peoples names win prizes that i hav seen
> doin cheats etc, so there must be a chance to win somfin

IMPROVE YOUR SPAG, OR THOU SHALT BE PRODDED VIOLENTLY!!!!!!

(SPAG = Spelling, punctuation and grammar)
Sat 02/06/01 at 01:11
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
MJswerve wrote:
> How on earth do they judge GAD. So many reviews cheats and posts are
> made every day so how do they make it a fair decision. Also how many
> people judge it do they all pick something they think should win and
> then they vote for thew overall winner or what.

The judges have a list of every single posts that day, and a load of them just go through each one, reading. Tony really should pay them more....

Come to think of it, Tony really should pay them... :)
Fri 01/06/01 at 22:46
Well, i hav seen lots of peoples names win prizes that i hav seen doin cheats etc, so there must be a chance to win somfin
Fri 01/06/01 at 22:43
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
ADH - my initials.

Also, i'm not "judging the judges" at all, i'm simply asking how fairly gameaday is treated as I wondered how much effort is put into the competition by those responsible for it.

And 48 days? I've been reading these message boards for a long time, much longer than i've been a registered member.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.