GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is this a bug I see before me?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/06/01 at 17:24
Regular
Just wondered if anyone who's got F1 2001 on the PS2 has noticed a gear change problem? Very occasionally the gears seem to max out at 5th gear, causing you to lose something like 10 seconds a lap. I even tried turning off all the 'realism' modes, and it still happens occasionally. Any ideas?
Fri 08/06/01 at 11:51
I also forgot to mention that if you're qualifying, and jump back to the garage on your in lap, it doesn't get counted. Bit of a silly bug really.

Something else is that Murray never mentions Tarso Marques. Though that it is a pretty accurate reflection on real life ;-).
Wed 06/06/01 at 17:37
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
> robbo1974 wrote:
3. AI of other cars going into corner is very poor, I've
> crashed on numerous occasions when coming to a back marker going
> into a corner only to find he's slowed down to eg 100mph when I'm
> able to take the corner at eg 150mph!

This isnt a bug. Its due to diffcultly setting. Put it up to Pro and they will drive like you or better than you can.

I've also had the qualifying experience of thinking iam 8 seconds ahead quite and Iam at the back.
Wed 06/06/01 at 10:42
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
nobby flagpole wrote:

>What do you mean no flagpoles??

>My name IS nobby FLAGPOLE. Ha ha ha ha ha .....

>.........hahahahahaha

>Hillarious.......

>I'll go home now.

r d rr! hope you got home ok :)

Have they signed you up to star in the next game, probably gonna be called F1 2002, we hope to see you there Flagpole!
Tue 05/06/01 at 18:20
Jive wrote:

I
> don't know if it's me being picky but other people pointed out bits missing from the game, ie no flag poles

What do you mean no flagpoles??

My name IS nobby FLAGPOLE. Ha ha ha ha ha .....

.........hahahahahaha

Hillarious.......

I'll go home now.
Tue 05/06/01 at 18:17
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
devo wrote:
>The >> button speeds up time. Though it only seems to have
>'normal' and 'bit quicker' options. Actually you've >reminded me of something else that is a pain in the rear >end. I clocked up a blistering time in qualifying, and >everyone was over 8 seconds behind me, with obviously no >chance of out qualifying me. So I exited the qualifying >session, and found that I started from the back of the >grid!

Yep, I've fallen for that one as well!

I'll try out the >> button tonight and see if it makes any difference.
Tue 05/06/01 at 18:02
The >> button speeds up time. Though it only seems to have 'normal' and 'bit quicker' options. Actually you've reminded me of something else that is a pain in the rear end. I clocked up a blistering time in qualifying, and everyone was over 8 seconds behind me, with obviously no chance of out qualifying me. So I exited the qualifying session, and found that I started from the back of the grid!
Tue 05/06/01 at 17:51
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
robbo1974 wrote:
> this games seems not to have been tested correctly, bugs should be spotted, but sometimes get through

Gotta agree with you there, but here are a few more things that may or may not have been noticed in F1

1. No wheelspin/skid marks left on the tarmac/grass, why not?

2. When your racing in T-Bar view and turn a righthand corner the left wheel turns right but the left wheel stays pointing straight and visa versa

3. AI of other cars going into corner is very poor, I've crashed on numerous occasions when coming to a back marker going into a corner only to find he's slowed down to eg 100mph when I'm able to take the corner at eg 150mph!

4. When you finish the race you then have to wait for all the other cars to actually finish the race! A bit annoying when you've finished 2 mins in front of the last place car.

5. When you win a race you never return to the paddock like at the end of F1 races, just go round and round and round!

6. In qualifying whats the >> button for, tried clicking on it and nothing happens?

7. How do you save your cars setup to the memory card? I've tried loads of different buttons etc and I've got loads of space on my 8mb Sony card, any ideas?

I don't know if it's me being picky but other people on this forum have also pointed out bits missing from the game, ie no flag poles, no marshals waving flags etc.

Anyone else spotted these or any others that I've missed?
Tue 05/06/01 at 14:23
Regular
this games seems not to have been tested correctly, bugs should be spotted, but sometimes get through
Tue 05/06/01 at 13:16
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Yeah thats what happened to me. I thought it might be the pad but everything is sorted now.

From my experience I have to say that mixing the analogue and digital accelerator and brake in the same race messes it up. It did this with both my pads and my 2nd player pad has had not alot of us compared with the 1 player pad.
Tue 05/06/01 at 12:18
I had the same problem and i rang sony and they sent me a new control pad (and allowed me to keep my old one).yey!
My car used to get to about 120 mph and then the speed would slowly decrease :( but i have no problrems anymore (even with the old controller) because i use the analog stcks and they work fine!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.