GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Thank you Paul"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/06/05 at 01:58
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Just wanted to say that the ECW PPV has made me remember what i loved about not only ECW but wrestling as a whole. For the past 5 years or so Vince has constantly served up crap show after crap show, even with a multitude of talent to choose from with his billion dollar cheque book. Heyman managed to put on great show after great show without having millions of dollars to call upon (Bischoff) and having his top stars constantly stolen from him. He connected with the crowd and created a relationship Vince's billions will never EVER be able to recreate.

I actually found myself sitting on my sofa enjoying a wrestling show again. Sure TNA is a decent alternative but comes nowhere near replicating ECW. Constantly good matches performed by actually talented wrestlers with wrestlers being correctly used. RVD was absolutely right, ECW knew how to showcase him along with everyone else. They pushed the talented guys, there were no Raven's in ECW, there were no Ultimo Dragon's in ECW, there were no Bret Hart's in ECW. Heyman has something no one in the WWE creative team has right now and that's an eye for a talented wrestler.

As I sat there joining in with the chants, from E-C-DUB!!! to Superrrrr....Crazzzzzy, i actually cared about a brand again, i actually cared about wrestling again. There was no HHH's there to ruin it for me by constantly shoving their, as RVD put it, likeness down my throat. There were no cancers of wrestling slowly suffocating my enjoyment and killing off my passion for something i used to love so much. There were no distasteful and disgusting storylines offending me. It was all about the the passion, the soul, the guts and the mutual respect between fan and wrestler. None of this nonsense from the likes of JBL and HHH who attack the internet community of fans because they're actually wise enough to see through their crap, a genuine love from the wrestlers who realise that without the fans they are nothing and we love them to for putting their bodies on the line each and every night for our entertainment.

So thank you Paul, thank you Tommy, thank you Rob and thank you to all of the ECW for reminding me of what i loved about this business and thank you also for showing me that it is still possible to put on an entertaining PPV.

Watching WWE will now be an even bigger disappointment than before seeing the quality that is possible. So **** Vince, **** WWE, **** the Establishment and long live E-C-F'N-W
Tue 14/06/05 at 20:24
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
A touching post, Kawada. Anyone that knows him well enough will know how much that show meant to him and millions of fans worldwide.
Much like Kawada, I was fairly cynical of the show in the run up to it, and even after reading the results, I thought that the matches were too short for any momentum to build, but as many of you have pointed out, the HEART was there. ECW was back baby!(even if only for one night)
Having only ever seen about 10-15 ECW shows in my life, I am not really qualified to be the biggest ECW fan out there, but here is my plea:
I didn't get to see the show. As some of you may or may not know, I don't have Sky anymore, and have not been watching WWE for some months now, and to be perfectly honest, it never bothered me. WWE television has reached such a poor level, that I was prepared to just observe from a distance.
But now, THIS comes along. The defining moment in wrestling in the past seven or so years. Anyone who saw the show, and enjoyed it, should know that I would enjoy it for the exact same reasons they did, that is why I am pleading with anyone who has the show on DVD/video to possibly consider sending it to me. If I see this show, and get a taste, like Kawada did, of why I originally liked wrestling, then I know I can never watch WWE again and be happy.
Peace out.
Tue 14/06/05 at 17:01
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Hillfish wrote:

> The only problem in the show was JBL, i heard that out of pure
> spite he properly punched the Blue Meanie therefore making him bleed,
> this just proves that JBL spoils any PPV he is in whether it is
> scripted or just him being a bully!

JBL was on the crusaders side but you could see he was loving the show, especially during the Awesome/Tanaka Match.
Tue 14/06/05 at 14:15
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
You do realise the point i was making there right? It was about how they didn't waste talent, like WCW did with Bret Hart and how WWE did with Ultimo and RAVEN.

So no, not a typo
Tue 14/06/05 at 12:43
Regular
"One Man Landslide"
Kawada wrote:
> I actually found myself sitting on my sofa enjoying a wrestling show
> again. Sure TNA is a decent alternative but comes nowhere near
> replicating ECW. Constantly good matches performed by actually
> talented wrestlers with wrestlers being correctly used. RVD was
> absolutely right, ECW knew how to showcase him along with everyone
> else. They pushed the talented guys, there were no Raven's in ECW
>
, there were no Ultimo Dragon's in ECW, there were no Bret Hart's in
> ECW...

Just a typo there, right?
Tue 14/06/05 at 11:24
Regular
"Ow Yer"
Kawada wrote:
> Watching WWE will now be an even bigger disappointment than before
> seeing the quality that is possible. So **** Vince, **** WWE, ****
> the Establishment and long live E-C-F'N-W

totally agree.Ecw one night stand far out shines anything wwe have done in a long ass time
Tue 14/06/05 at 07:42
Regular
"TNA > WWE"
It was the first time i ever watched an ECW show and now i realise i have missed out big time, the show was brilliant and put WWE to shame making them look more boring and dull than usual. There was no dull match (unlike WWE) and i loved it when Heyman had a go at Egde (probably why edge and lita are "getting married" next week).

The only problem in the show was JBL, i heard that out of pure spite he properly punched the Blue Meanie therefore making him bleed, this just proves that JBL spoils any PPV he is in whether it is scripted or just him being a bully!
Tue 14/06/05 at 01:58
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Just wanted to say that the ECW PPV has made me remember what i loved about not only ECW but wrestling as a whole. For the past 5 years or so Vince has constantly served up crap show after crap show, even with a multitude of talent to choose from with his billion dollar cheque book. Heyman managed to put on great show after great show without having millions of dollars to call upon (Bischoff) and having his top stars constantly stolen from him. He connected with the crowd and created a relationship Vince's billions will never EVER be able to recreate.

I actually found myself sitting on my sofa enjoying a wrestling show again. Sure TNA is a decent alternative but comes nowhere near replicating ECW. Constantly good matches performed by actually talented wrestlers with wrestlers being correctly used. RVD was absolutely right, ECW knew how to showcase him along with everyone else. They pushed the talented guys, there were no Raven's in ECW, there were no Ultimo Dragon's in ECW, there were no Bret Hart's in ECW. Heyman has something no one in the WWE creative team has right now and that's an eye for a talented wrestler.

As I sat there joining in with the chants, from E-C-DUB!!! to Superrrrr....Crazzzzzy, i actually cared about a brand again, i actually cared about wrestling again. There was no HHH's there to ruin it for me by constantly shoving their, as RVD put it, likeness down my throat. There were no cancers of wrestling slowly suffocating my enjoyment and killing off my passion for something i used to love so much. There were no distasteful and disgusting storylines offending me. It was all about the the passion, the soul, the guts and the mutual respect between fan and wrestler. None of this nonsense from the likes of JBL and HHH who attack the internet community of fans because they're actually wise enough to see through their crap, a genuine love from the wrestlers who realise that without the fans they are nothing and we love them to for putting their bodies on the line each and every night for our entertainment.

So thank you Paul, thank you Tommy, thank you Rob and thank you to all of the ECW for reminding me of what i loved about this business and thank you also for showing me that it is still possible to put on an entertaining PPV.

Watching WWE will now be an even bigger disappointment than before seeing the quality that is possible. So **** Vince, **** WWE, **** the Establishment and long live E-C-F'N-W

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.