GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Thank you Paul"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/06/05 at 01:58
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Just wanted to say that the ECW PPV has made me remember what i loved about not only ECW but wrestling as a whole. For the past 5 years or so Vince has constantly served up crap show after crap show, even with a multitude of talent to choose from with his billion dollar cheque book. Heyman managed to put on great show after great show without having millions of dollars to call upon (Bischoff) and having his top stars constantly stolen from him. He connected with the crowd and created a relationship Vince's billions will never EVER be able to recreate.

I actually found myself sitting on my sofa enjoying a wrestling show again. Sure TNA is a decent alternative but comes nowhere near replicating ECW. Constantly good matches performed by actually talented wrestlers with wrestlers being correctly used. RVD was absolutely right, ECW knew how to showcase him along with everyone else. They pushed the talented guys, there were no Raven's in ECW, there were no Ultimo Dragon's in ECW, there were no Bret Hart's in ECW. Heyman has something no one in the WWE creative team has right now and that's an eye for a talented wrestler.

As I sat there joining in with the chants, from E-C-DUB!!! to Superrrrr....Crazzzzzy, i actually cared about a brand again, i actually cared about wrestling again. There was no HHH's there to ruin it for me by constantly shoving their, as RVD put it, likeness down my throat. There were no cancers of wrestling slowly suffocating my enjoyment and killing off my passion for something i used to love so much. There were no distasteful and disgusting storylines offending me. It was all about the the passion, the soul, the guts and the mutual respect between fan and wrestler. None of this nonsense from the likes of JBL and HHH who attack the internet community of fans because they're actually wise enough to see through their crap, a genuine love from the wrestlers who realise that without the fans they are nothing and we love them to for putting their bodies on the line each and every night for our entertainment.

So thank you Paul, thank you Tommy, thank you Rob and thank you to all of the ECW for reminding me of what i loved about this business and thank you also for showing me that it is still possible to put on an entertaining PPV.

Watching WWE will now be an even bigger disappointment than before seeing the quality that is possible. So **** Vince, **** WWE, **** the Establishment and long live E-C-F'N-W
Mon 20/06/05 at 13:27
Regular
"..."
I agree with everything Kawada said. But I'd also like to say a couple of, somewhat unexpected thankyou's.

Thank You to Joey Styles for swallowing your pride and getting on with it. It just wouldn't have been the same if you hadn't.
Thank You to all the ECW superstars who have had their fallings out with Paul over the years, but swallowed their pride for one night.
And Thank You to Vince McMahon for swallowing your pride and letting Paul do his thing without any obvious interfearance.
Thu 16/06/05 at 23:47
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
Okay Wardy, that sounds good.
Tue 14/06/05 at 22:24
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Hey Raven-ous, i cant be bothered to type out that whole Raven interview so i am going to find a scanner and put it on a disk and then put it on my site for ya.
Tue 14/06/05 at 22:12
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Nah you're far to much fun to gain the cheap heat upon :-D

Plus i guess you're a good person to discuss wrestling with but mainly the cheap heat :-D
Tue 14/06/05 at 21:43
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
Kawada wrote:
> Playing Warcraft. Just minimise it now and then while i'm riding
> around and pop on here

Ah, you're a Warcraft fiend. That explains it.
For a second there I thought you had me blocked like-
Tue 14/06/05 at 21:35
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Playing Warcraft. Just minimise it now and then while i'm riding around and pop on here
Tue 14/06/05 at 21:00
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
Hey kawada, why you not on MSN, bi-atch?
Tue 14/06/05 at 20:54
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Jim of Honor wrote:
> Yeah, but Raven was in ECW, which makes the point pretty confusing.
> I get what you mean, but there are better potential examples, I
> thought

Not really the point was referring to how well Heyman used talent and how badly the other promotions wasted them. Raven is a top example of this.
Tue 14/06/05 at 20:39
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
The Raven comment is a little confusing, but then again he goes down as the most misused WWE signing of all time. It's a disgrace what they did to him.
Tue 14/06/05 at 20:30
Regular
"One Man Landslide"
Kawada wrote:
> You do realise the point i was making there right? It was about how
> they didn't waste talent, like WCW did with Bret Hart and how WWE did
> with Ultimo and RAVEN.
>
> So no, not a typo

Yeah, but Raven was in ECW, which makes the point pretty confusing. I get what you mean, but there are better potential examples, I thought

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.