GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola email problems"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/06/05 at 20:44
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Hi all,

Could I ask if any Freeola customers are having trouble connecting to their email accounts at the moment??

Thanks.
Sat 13/08/05 at 15:07
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
After calling Freeola*, it turns out it was Nortons Internet Security that was the problem, and disabling the firewall allowed my emails to flow, although I'll have to figure out which part of the firewall suddenly decided to block any email connection (JBMail and Thunderbird also wouldn't connect, so I expect is a port related thing) as of course I'd rather the firewall remained active at all times.

My only criticism of Freeola's support was the order in which the chap offered his help. His first thought was that there were too many emails in the inbox, and suggested some be deleted. I (perhaps stupidly) agreed so some older ones being ditched and tried again, but it didn't help. Only then did he suggest a firewall / anti-virus problem, and then made the point that this was the main culprit for a lot of their support queries. Had he suggested the firewall / anti-virus issue first, I could have kept my emails.

*I was quite surprised when the auto-prompter asked me which 'on-hold' type of music I'd like to here.
Thu 11/08/05 at 09:30
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I've sent them a message via their web forum, although that won't help as I can't read their reply, so I've asked them to look at this thread.

I've not got the time to hang around on the phone at the moment, so if there is still a problem on Saturday, I'll have to phone in then.
Thu 11/08/05 at 09:27
"Are you sure?"
I had a few problems yesterday. I was just about to contact freeola when things returned to normal. Everything is fine so far this morning for me.

Have you contacted them yourself yet ?
Thu 11/08/05 at 09:16
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Seems like I'm having email troubles again. The server is apparently timing out, and I can't access any account from Outlook Express or via JBMail.

Is any other Freeola customer having the same problem? Freeola haven't added anything to their network status page, but I've had this problem for a couple of days now.

Thanks.
Sun 26/06/05 at 13:35
Regular
Well all day saturday E mail was pants! none getting through, I emailed as I read that the call centre is closed this weekend? guess the email never got through? no reply? Sunday E mail still not working still no call centre and no reply to emails!? Come on Danny you must have had an emergency plan in place? Oh and yes the Anti Spam thing is not working either but I see its already been mentioned, other than that its a glorious day here in Scotland baking HOT and am about the head off to work :-(
Sun 26/06/05 at 07:57
Regular
"^_^"
I have two domains hosted on freeola, both with email redirection. Neither of them has forwarded any mail to me in the past 24 hours.

This is really winding me up, especially everytime I go to the network status page and it says there are no problems.

SORT IT OUT, 24 HOURS DOWNTIME WITH NO FEEDBACK TO CUSTOMERS IS UNFORGIVABLE!

(edited: typo)
Sat 25/06/05 at 18:11
Regular
Freeola email seems to be in trouble again this afternoon.

Anyone else having problems ?
Sat 18/06/05 at 09:33
Regular
I've noticed that the freeola spam report hasn't been showing anything for a while and now it's been 'turned off'.

I guess this could be connected to the recent email outages?
Thu 16/06/05 at 21:19
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Thanks, only sees to have been a short term problem.
Wed 15/06/05 at 15:36
Regular
"Fruit makes you far"
Apologies for this - all good now.

Regards,
Danny

cjh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Could I ask if any Freeola customers are having trouble connecting to
> their email accounts at the moment??
>
> Thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.