GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ECW One Night Stand Results Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/06/05 at 23:57
Regular
ECW One Night Stand
Hammerstein Ballroom
Manhattan, New York (cheers, Kawada :0P)
June 12th, 2005

The old ECW announcer calls out Joey Styles, who gets a huge pop. The ECW set looks pretty accurate, the only discrepancy really being that WWE have used their expensive cameras. Styles starts with "Oh my god!" and welcomes the chanting fans to One Night Stand. Joey then introduces Mick Foley, who comes out to his WWE Cactus Jack theme with a Cactus Jack shirt on.

The intro video to the event plays, with some classic ECW footage.

We return from the promo to see some little kid in the audience as Lance Storm's theme hits. Storm came out with Dawn Marie, which was definitely a trip down memory lane for ECW marks everywhere. Jericho's WWE theme hits (damnit), and he comes out in some reminiscent ECW attire. Quite refreshing to hear him billed as "Lionheart".

1. Lance Storm vs Chris Jericho
My prediction: Lance Storm
Result: Lance Storm (7:24)
Match: Some great technical displays earlier on, and after Jericho dropkicks Storm out of the ring, he recieves a bunch of "Lionheart" chants. An amazing dropkick to the back of the head gets Jericho a "Holy ****" chant. We see a double feature, for perhaps the first time in ECW history. Some "Chris Candido!" chants follow also. Jericho has it over, but Dawn Marie distracts the ref. Then Justin Credible and Jason Knight come in and all hell breaks loose. Jericho gets shoved into Storm's cane and Storm rolls him up for the pin. Very good match, but far too short. 8/10.

Jericho leaves to "Lionheart" chants.

Foley and Styles discuss the match backstage, and talk about Raw and Smackdown's booking of some balcony seats.

Pitbull #1 Gary Wolfe talks about some of the deceased ECW wrestlers.

A video then airs of the deceased ECW wrestlers - Rocco Rock, Terry "Bam Bam" Gordy, Mike "Crash Holly" Lockwood, The Original Shiek, Mike Lozansky, Pitbull #2 Anthony Durante, Big Dick Dudley, and Chris Candido.

We return and the crowd chant for Candido. Tajiri comes out with Mikey Whipwreck and Sinister Minister. Little Guido then comes out with the FBI - J.G. Smith, Tracy Smothers, Big Guido and Tony Mamaluke, missing Sal E Graziano, though. Super Crazy then comes out, sporting a hair cut.

2. 3-Way Dance:
Yoshihiro Tajiri vs Little Guido vs Super Crazy

My prediction: Super Crazy
Result: Super Crazy (6:15)
Match: They leave the ring fairly quickly, and Super Crazy does an amazing moonsault off the balcony, taking down the entire FBI to "Holy ****" chants. Super Crazy punches Guido back in the ring on the corner and the crowd chant the numbers in Spanish. Mamaluke lifts up Tajiri whilst Guido is on the turnbuckle, and Tajiri gives Guido the Green Mist. Minister runs in and knocks Mamaluke down. Whipwreck hits a top-rope Whippersnapper on Guido and Tajiri eliminates him (4:10). Crazy goes for his patented 3 moonsaults, but on the third, Whipwreck knocks him off. He manages to finally get the moonsault on Tajiri and the win. Again, very exciting, far too short. 7/10.

A promo of some of ECW's greatest moments then airs.

We then return to the arena and zoom to the empty Raw and Smackdown seats.

We take a look outside the arena briefly.

Psychosis comes out and surprisingly removes his mask. Mysterio comes out, and I thought he was gonna take his mask off too, but he didn't.

3. Extreme Luchador Match:
Psychosis vs Rey Mysterio

My prediction: Psychosis
Result: Rey Mysterio (6:14)
Match: Psychosis seemed to be botching a lot of stuff early on. Still, he gets past this and hits a superb Psycho-Guillotine Leg-drop on the outside on the railings to the delight of the fans. Psychosis goes for a ram in the corner, but flies outside, over the railing and onto two female fans. They move when they see Mysterio go up-top. He nails a Plancha and in-ring hits a superb Hurricanrana for the win. Great, but too damn short! 7/10

JBL, Kurt Angle, Orlando Jordan, Carlito, Doug and Danny Basham show up to "You suck ****!" chants, amusingly, and take their seats. They also recieve "**** you Smackdown!" chants.

We quickly cut backstage to see Roadkill and Danny Doring, but it doesn't last long at all, strangely.

We see another few famous ECW moments.

"Weeeel, weeeeel, weeeeel" cues Joel Gurtner showing up. Kurt Angle steals his microphone and JBL pushes him out of their balcony. Angle berates fans, who shout "You suck ****", to which he amusingly replies "Your mother taught me how!". Angle says they'll beat up any wrestlers who step in the ECW ring. JBL takes the mic to "***hole!" and "Shut the **** up!" chants. RVD's music hits and he comes out with Bill Alfonso. JBL's microphone cuts out, and RVD comes out to cut his hyped promo to "RVD!" chants.

RVD talked about how he's happy he got to cut a promo, and said he's still the Whole ****ing Show, but it was censored. He says how upset he is he can't wrestle tonight, and then Rhino attacks him. The lights go out, and Sabu shows up, who's looking damn tired. The bell rings and the impromptu match begins.

4. Sabu vs Rhino
My prediction: Sabu
Result: Sabu (6:50)
Match: Insane match! The match goes all over the place, and the first ref gets knocked out. Sabu nails a chair-leg-drop on Rhino through a table to end the match. Not a great match, but featured the first table smash of the night (over an hour in!), and seeing Sabu again was great.

Al Snow argues with Head backstage, stating he invited the "Raw and Smackdown ***holes."

Another reminiscent promo airs.

Eric Bischoff, Edge, William Regal, Gene Snitzky, Tyson Tomko, Christian, Rob Conway, Maven and Coach show up. Some smart fan spits a cloud of beer at Bischoff.

Chris Benoit's WWE theme hits and he makes his way out to a huge pop. Out comes Eddie to a much lesser pop, and disappointingly, he adhered to his WWE character.

5. Chris Benoit vs Eddie Guerrero
My prediction: Chris Benoit
Result: Chris Benoit (10:37)
Match: A superb technical belt, and it actually went to distance too. Eddie gets busted open very early on. The crowd gave him a huge pop when he went for a Suicide Headbutt. Benoit manages to lock in the Crippler Crossface, and Eddie eventually taps. Very good match, highly technical. 8.5/10

The two face each other after the match, but disappointingly fade away for a Vengeance promo.

Gurtner returns and asks Bischoff for a job. Bischoff confirms with his laughing employees, as Bischoff insults Gurtner and the ECW fans. He says he wants to see no ECW fans at his Raw show.

We're back outside the Hammerstein Ballroom for a moment.

Mike Awesome's music hits and he comes out. Masato Tanaka then comes out.

6. Mike Awesome vs Masato Tanaka
My prediction: Mike Awesome
Result: Mike Awesome (9:51)
Match: Awesome gets a suicide dive on Tanaka within moments, and they're soon enough brawling in the crowd with chairs. Awesome then sets up a table and hits a superb Awesome Bomb through the table to satisfied "Holy ****!" chants. He goes for an Awesome Splash but gets a 2 count. Awesome hits Tanaka about a dozen times with the chair, but it does little to nothing. Tanaka botches his finisher (Diamond Dozen), but nails a Tornado DDT for surprisingly only a 2-count. He puts a chair on his face and hits him with another chair, and then jumps on those chairs. Masato nails a DDT through a table but STILL, Awesome kicks out! Awesome hits a top-rope Awesome Bomb through the remains of the table, and Masato kicks out! Awesome powerbombs Tanaka out of the ring through a table, dives into the wreckage and gets the fall. The crowd chant "This match rules!". Superb match, what the other 5 before it should've been. 9/10.

Awesome then powerbombs the referee and ECW officials help him backstage.

Joey and Mike thank the fans for buying the Rise and Fall DVD. The ECW theme hits and Joey Styles, confused, checks his format.

Bob Ortiz comes out, and then Paul Heyman makes his way out. He says he's not crying because of the fans chanting "Thank you Paul", but because he was smoking a joint with RVD. He thanks the fans, and says he has something to say to Bischoff. Paul Heyman berates Edge about the Matt Hardy situation, to "You screwed Matt!" and "We want Matt!" chants. Heyman says he has 2 words for Edge - "Matt Freakin' Hardy!" (3 words). Heyman says to JBL "The only reason you were the champ for a year is because Triple H didn't wanna work Tuesdays." He says "This is EC-****ing-W", and leaves to the delighted crowd. I was SO hoping Matt Hardy would show up.

For some reason, an advert for House of 1000 Corpses 2: The Devil's Rejects airs.

The Dudleys then come out. Tommy Dreamer follows with a remix of his "Man In The Box" entrance theme. The Sandman actually shows up with "Enter Sandman" booming out, downs a beer, bangs it on his head and cuts himself open. He hangs over the balcony as the crowd sing along to Metallica as he pours some beer into the mouths of fans below. He drinks his second eber and gets to the ring. He gives a beer to the executive producer of ECW, then pours beer over a woman's chest and drinks it off. We see Elektra in the crowd, and Sandman and Dreamer both pour beer onto her chest and drink it off. We see Chris Chetti and C.W. Anderson and Sandman drinks his third beer. The four guys bang knuckles, and the Blue World Order come out.

Stevie says they're taking over, and superkicks Sandman. All hell breaks loose. Kid Kash comes out, gets beaten up. Then Axl Rottena nd Balls Mahoney show up and beat the crap out of the bWo. Kid Kash hits an insane bump, hitting everyone except Tommy Dreamer, who is the launch pad. The match finally starts.

7. The Dudley Boyz vs Tommy Dreamer & Sandman
My prediction: Tommy Dreamer & Sandman
Result: The Dudley Boyz (10:14)
Match: Dreamer has a cheese greater, but Bubba uses it against him and skins him. Dreamer bleeds profusely. Bubba rubs the blood off of Dreamer and puts it on his own face. Sandman brings a ladder into play, and Dreamer uses the grater on Bubba. Dreamer takes someone's beer and splashes it over Bubba, before mercilessly bashing him with a cooking sheet. Bubba crotches Dreamer on the railings, whilst Sandman lays a ladder on D-Von and hits a Senton Bomb. D-Von misses on Sandman with the Singapore Cane and hits Bubba. Lance Storm and Justin Credible - the Impact Players - run back in and beat up Sandman and Dreamer. Credible hits That's Incredible on the Sandman on the barbed wire. Francine runs in and kicks Dreamer in the nuts! Beulah McGuillicuty runs in and rips Francine apart, before Credible attacks her, but Dreamer intervenes. Dreamer and Beulah embrace, and then hit Tandem DDTs on the Dudleys, who subsequently kick out. Dreamer puts a chair on D-Von's nuts and hits it with a cooking sheet. Cue Styles saying "He just hit him in the balls!". Sandman gets powerbombed through a table, and Dreamer gets hit with the 3D. Spike Dudley comes out! They get out some lighter fluid and set the table on fire! Dreamer's powerbombed through the flaming table and pinned for the win. Superb match! - 9/10

The Dudleyz grab Beulah, but Sandman runs in to save the day. Sandman is screaming for a beer, and canes Spike Dudley in the head. Stone Cold's music hits, and he says Sandman needs a case of beer. He invites everyone from ECW to come out for a beer bash. They all come out whilst Raw and Smackdown look on in awe. Austin says before they drink, he wants to see a fight. He invites the Raw and Smackdown guys down and takes a seat with a beer. The ECW and WWE guys form on different sides of the ring, ready to fight, and then Tazz comes out. Tazz and Angle start the fight, and basically both sides beat the crap out of each other. Tazz locks Angle in the Tazzmission to the delight of the crowd. Bischoff commentates and berates ECW. Austin puts on JBL's hat, and asks Foley to take Bischoff to the ring. Foley grabs him and drags him there. The Dudleys hit Bischoff with a 3D, Benoit hits him with a Diving Headbutt, Mysterio hits him with a 619. Austin asks Bischoff what he thought, and he said "**** ECW!". Austin Stunners Bischoff and the Dudleys throw him out of the ring and carry him back whilst the ECW guys drink in the ring. Bischoff is thrown out of the arena next to a dumpster, and Al Snow gives Head some beer. Joey Styles thanks the fans and Mysterio wears JBL's hat. Sandman and Austin raises arms as the PPV ends.

A Vengeance promo airs.

Who appeared at the ECW PPV (in order):
Joey Styles
Mick Foley
Lance Storm
Dawn Marie Bytch
"Lionheart" Chris Jericho
Justin Credible
Jason Knight
Pitbull #1 Gary Wolfe
Yoshihiro Tajiri
Mikey Whipwreck
Sinister Minister
Little Guido
Tracy Smothers
J.G. Smith
Tony Mamaluke
Big Guido
Super Crazy
Psychosis
Rey Mysterio Jr.
Roadkill
Danny Doring
Joel Gurter
"The Whole F'N Show" Rob Van Damn
Bill Alfonso
Rhino
Sabu
Al Snow
Head
Chris Benoit
Eddie Guerrero
Mike Awesome
Masato Tanaka
Paul Heyman
Bubba Ray Dudley
D-Von Dudley
Tommy Dreamer
The SandmanE
Elektra
Chris Chetti
C.W. Anderson
Kid Cash
Axl Rotten
Balls Mahoney
Francine
Beulah McGuillicuty
Johnny Swinger

What did I think of the PPV? It was sodding brilliant. The first 3 matches were good, but too short, but after that, it was just amazing.
Tue 28/06/05 at 14:29
Regular
"..."
Grandprix wrote:
> He probably needs to slow down if he wants to avoid
> more hospital visits. :D

True, but try telling him that. The sad bit is, underneath everything he's done, he can put on a very solid mat-wrestling based encounter. Maybe something he should consider if he wants to be walking in 5 years from now.
Tue 28/06/05 at 14:17
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Heh, Kawada and myself were talking about this last night. I seriously don't see Sabu working the slower WWE style. From what everyone keeps saying about him, he probably needs to slow down if he wants to avoid more hospital visits. :D
Tue 28/06/05 at 14:16
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea that's true, after all he's put his body through for the fans he deserves a big pay off. I just hope it's not at the expense of his career. I'd much rather know him as the homicidal, genocidal, suicidal, death defying Sabuuuuuuuu rather than jobbed out to Tomko, HHH, Batista Sabuuuuuuuu
Tue 28/06/05 at 14:13
Regular
"..."
Kawada wrote:
> While i would like to see Sabu on a regular basis again this just
> wouldn't work, he just doesn't suit the WWE style at all (if we
> forget the fact he's actually talented for a minute here) and a toned
> down Sabu is not Sabu. Unless he's going to be able to dive into
> crowds, go through tables and use chairs in lots of wonderful
> creative ways then i'd rather he not sign and not get ruined by the
> WWE like so many before him

I'd be inclined to agree, Sabu on an actual WWE show would suck something rude, but I'm hoping this is some sort of an indication of a permenant return for an ECW brand show.

If not, then it's great for Sabu, he's obviously slowing down a bit and his health is looking dodgy at best, so at least he can get a last big pay day and set himself up for what will probably be a long and painful retirement. I don't even care if he stinks up our TVs for a few months, unlike the likes of Snitsky, Tomko and Batista, at least he has earned the right to be rubbish.
Tue 28/06/05 at 14:08
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Would like to see Doring and Roadkill again although whether they'd let Roadkill keep the Amish chicken plucker thing is debateable.

Cong_Man wrote:

> Also WWE have been locked in negotitations with Sabu since One Night
> Stand about a permenant contract.

While i would like to see Sabu on a regular basis again this just wouldn't work, he just doesn't suit the WWE style at all (if we forget the fact he's actually talented for a minute here) and a toned down Sabu is not Sabu. Unless he's going to be able to dive into crowds, go through tables and use chairs in lots of wonderful creative ways then i'd rather he not sign and not get ruined by the WWE like so many before him
Tue 28/06/05 at 13:48
Regular
"..."
Apparently Johnny 'Ace' Laurinitus is pushing for Axl Rotten and Balls Mahoney and Danndy Doring and Roadkill to be brough in to spice up the WWE's ailing Tag Team division.

Both teams will be given try-put matches over the coming weeks which may or may not appear on Heat or Velocity (so time for Axl to get on the same diet regime as Balls).

Also WWE have been locked in negotitations with Sabu since One Night Stand about a permenant contract.

PWinsider gets credit for the above.
Mon 27/06/05 at 13:02
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Very_Metal wrote:
> that and an obliterated quad.

Hush you, tis the steroids i tells ye :-D
Mon 27/06/05 at 12:59
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Kawada wrote:
> Ant wrote:

> He used to be a lot faster though, strange really.
>
> All them steroids slow you down obviously

that and an obliterated quad.
although you're right, all that upper body bulk isn't helping him.
Mon 27/06/05 at 03:28
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Ant wrote:
> I agree with all the wrestlers you listed apart from The Game. Okay so
> he's not utterly amazing but he always puts on a good, if a little
> slow match.

No he doesn't

> He used to be a lot faster though, strange really.

All them steroids slow you down obviously
Mon 27/06/05 at 01:04
Regular
"you've got a beard"
The Juice wrote:

> The Game isn't the worst wrestler ever, but I'd like to see if he was
> so far up the pecking order if he didn't have the connections with the
> McMahon family that no other superstar on the roster has...

i think we ALL know that he wouldn't mate.
HHH is past his best and it's time he accepted it. he was a big part of the most popular era in wrestling and he should be proud of that and helping the new guys to continue the business, NOT swallowing it whole in a fit of pure ego.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.