GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Best Game EVER made!!!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/06/05 at 19:06
Regular
"Gaming Man"
This has been bothering me for sometime now, but which is the best game EVER made??

I think Half-Life 2 on PC
Mon 13/06/05 at 11:42
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It was set in Hong Kong, and only for the first disc and a half, when you moved to Kowloon. I thought Hong Kong was great - there was loads to do and lots of little secrets. It was the precursor to games like Morrowind and Fable, really, although I prefer the setting and story of Shenmue.
Mon 13/06/05 at 11:41
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Tech Romancer. Thats the game.

Capcom did about a million games for the DC.
Mon 13/06/05 at 11:40
Regular
It was a big robot fighting game from Capcom, had a really stupid name as well. Can't for the life of me remember what it was called though.
Mon 13/06/05 at 11:39
Regular
Tokyo was too big and the way everyone had the same replies to your questions really grated after a while.

I hated it and sold it.
Mon 13/06/05 at 11:38
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Shenmue was good at the time. But I fear if I go back to it now I'll
> realise what a dull and incredibly linear, stinkfest it really was. I
> tried playing Shenmue 2 on Xbox and my head nearly fell off with the
> tedium.
>
> The best Dreamcast game were easily MSR, Jet Set Radio and this big
> ass robot fighting game thing.

There were about a million robot games for the DC - are you talking about Tech Romancer?

Sorry mate, I disagree about playing Shenmue 2 for the Xbox - I thoroughly enjoyed it, despite it being a bit boring places as when you had to do jobs in the morning everyday. Gah.

But yeah, if you loved the original during its time, you may still like it because of the sense of nostalgia you'll probably get.
Mon 13/06/05 at 11:36
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I did indeed go online with the DC, mostly to play Phantasy Star, which was great until it was ruined by cheaters.

And Shenmue II was much better than the original. There was a lot more to do, a richer story, more varied tasks and some of the fights were awesome. There was also a great QTE where you had to NOT press the button to succeed. I loved it, up until disc 4, which was just you following some girl along a forest path only to end up in a cave, with a magic sword. Then it ended. I mean wtf?
Mon 13/06/05 at 11:30
Regular
Shenmue was good at the time. But I fear if I go back to it now I'll realise what a dull and incredibly linear, stinkfest it really was. I tried playing Shenmue 2 on Xbox and my head nearly fell off with the tedium.

The best Dreamcast game were easily MSR, Jet Set Radio and this big ass robot fighting game thing.
Mon 13/06/05 at 11:29
Regular
"Divine Davine"
I never played it, but the concept was extremely original - it was the microphone game and the fish wasn't it?

Some of the peripherials released for the console were amazing - the marakas for Samba De Amigo, the fishing rod for Sega Bass Fishing, the amazing lightgun for House Of The Dead and the excellent VMU that was not put to good use. At all.

Hey mate, did you go online with the DC?
Mon 13/06/05 at 11:25
Regular
"bit of a brain"
People just weren't ready for how good it was. No better arcade console has ever existed. Virtua Tennis, Crazy Taxi and Soul Calibur were the supremes. MSR was sweet too, although I never really appreciated Sonic Adventure that much. I had a Japanese copy of JSR so I had absolutely no clue what was going on most of the time. Did you ever play Seaman? Wonderful game, that.
Mon 13/06/05 at 11:21
Regular
"Divine Davine"
gerrid wrote:
> agreed, with Shenmue, Operation Flashpoint and Rome: Total War not far
> behind.

Yes, Shenmue is one of the most underrated titles ever - no one really appreciated the Dreamcast, and whoever did, they were very small in quantity.

I had a Dreamcast however, Metroplois Street Racer, Soul Calibur, Sonic Adventure and Jet Set Radio all being my favourite games.

Man, why did it have to go?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.