GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mmmmmm tasty"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/06/05 at 13:21
Regular
[URL]http://www.ebaumsworld.com/spidermilkshake.html[/URL]

Ba babababa! I'm lovin it.
Sat 11/06/05 at 10:59
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Black Glove wrote:
> Noted what you wrote, and I roughly agree, but like your once-fear of
> flying, you could deal with your spider-fear if you wanted to.

i have to a degree.
the smaller ones i can pick up (using fistfuls of tissue paper of course) and fling out into the garden. But if i were to find something like the spider in the link in my house then i'd have a problem. they creep me out, the slow, deliberate motion, the look of them, it all disgusts me and creeps me out and try as i might, it doesn't change.
>
> No-one wants creepy-crawlies wriggling down there collars, but flying
> into a mad panic on the mere sight of a tiny spider (like some people
> do) still seems to me to be indulgent.

i sympathise with those people. like i said, i've been in situations where i simply HAD to deal with the smaller ones, so now i'm not as bothered about them, i'd still rather not have to, but i can deal with them if i must. But i recognise that there are greater degrees of the phobia than mine.
Sat 11/06/05 at 01:04
Regular
I hope that's fake...
Sat 11/06/05 at 01:01
Regular
"Catch it!"
Looks lovely.
Sat 11/06/05 at 00:43
Regular
"es argh"
It's fake, it was originally posted on Something Awful.
Fri 10/06/05 at 23:54
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Very_Metal wrote:
> stuff

Noted what you wrote, and I roughly agree, but like your once-fear of flying, you could deal with your spider-fear if you wanted to.

No-one wants creepy-crawlies wriggling down there collars, but flying into a mad panic on the mere sight of a tiny spider (like some people do) still seems to me to be indulgent.
Fri 10/06/05 at 20:06
Regular
"bot"
I'd imagine it is. About 95% of those things on ebaumsworld are.
Fri 10/06/05 at 20:04
Regular
"You've upset me"
Surely, surely that's fake?
Fri 10/06/05 at 19:07
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Black Glove wrote:
> Very_Metal wrote:
> a phobia is precisely that, it's an irrational fear.
> complaining about people who suffer from one won't change that, and
> it won't make life any easier for them either.
>
> I don't buy it. It's a form a mass hysteria, and a cliche. Anyone
> who's got a spider phobia should ask themselves why they feel the
> need to demonize them. I could understand if every spider was like
> the Brazillian bird-eating spider with a dangerous venom.
>
> Furthermore, people with phobias seem to indulge in them - they
> almost celebrate them - instead of overcoming them with a little
> rational thought.

again, i don't think you're really appreciating how phobias work. apply as much logic and rationale to it as you like, as i said, it's an IRRATIONAL fear.

hmmm, ok, say you go and learn karate or something, and then one night you're attacked. All training goes out the window and you rugby tackle the guy and belt him one. The karate has given you a specific way to react to that situation but when faced with it, instinct took over and you did what you had to do to get through it.

i feel phobias are a similar thing. sure people have conquered their fears and to a degree so have i (i used to be scared of flying before it had to become a regular part of my life and now i'm ok about it), but those that can't get over them shouldn't be singled out, people feel how they feel. i don't mind flying anymore but i still don't like spiders (or insects of any kind really), clearly i'm more irrationally bothered by spiders.
Fri 10/06/05 at 18:43
Regular
"The Red Shift"
gamesfreak wrote:
> wasps

I detest and fear wasps, but not without good reason.

I'm allergic to them and they sting things for no reason and can sting repeatedly.

This behaviour is rational, as proved by the fact I don't have any problems with bees.
Fri 10/06/05 at 18:40
Regular
"Captain to you."
See i don't mind big spiders, big spiders can be delt with using a spade.

But little spiders are so much worse, they can be anywhere and are normally fast.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.