GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Effects pedals."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/06/05 at 15:12
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I'm a bit out of touch with the market and I'd prefer to keep my lovely old Demon amp than go for a confangled new one with gadgety stuff.

So:

Where do/would you get your pedals from?

How much is a good price?

Is it worth getting new ones or keeping my (ancient) ones which are broken and trying to get them fixed?

Thanks in Advance,
Clazon.
Sat 11/06/05 at 21:17
Regular
"Mighty Strathmore"
sorry, it is his own version, and we are trying to sell it so we can not reveal the plans, sorry.
Try this, plug your guitar into an amp, put a filter(for putting liquid into things) over the amp. Cover ir completely. Small amps work fine. On the end of the funnel attach a pipe, just bigger than the end and make sure it is sealed. put the tube in your mouth.
Have a microphone attached to an amp or PA system. When you strum the guitar move your mouth haveing in directly over the mic.
Make sure the guitar amp is up full blast.
If it fails try using a different type of tube.
Use silocone to seal the funnel over the pipe and the tube.
Sat 11/06/05 at 21:05
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
sg_nl90 wrote:
sg_nl90 wrote:
> ever tried a voice/talk box. they are amazing and can be knocked up
> for under a tenner

and

> me and my bro made one, it is excellent, there should be a bigger
> market for it. The sound you cam make are out of this world. got to
> go.

**shocked** tell me how!!!! NOW!!!! must know this....
Sat 11/06/05 at 18:40
Regular
"bot"
Bon Jovi use a talk box. I think that killed everyone's wish to ever be associated with the effect.
Sat 11/06/05 at 18:38
Regular
"Mighty Strathmore"
me and my bro made one, it is excellent, there should be a bigger market for it. The sound you cam make are out of this world. got to go.
Sat 11/06/05 at 18:36
Regular
"bot"
those things are indeed genius.
Sat 11/06/05 at 18:33
Regular
"Mighty Strathmore"
ever tried a voice/talk box. they are amazing and can be knocked up for under a tenner
Sat 11/06/05 at 18:28
Regular
"bot"
monkey_man wrote:
> Nah, computer effects and multi-FX pedals don't do it for me. I like
> to play how I'd play it live.

Computer effects blow. I tried Guitar Port and Guitar Rig and they were woeful.

Good floor-based multi-FX are a different story though. I have a Boss GT-6 and 90% of the effects are excellent. My only complaints are that some of the distortion/amp models sound a bit grainy but considering there's 45 altogether it's not that important, and the pitch shifting blows goats. But I have my Digitech Whammy for that so all is well.

Plus I get to use patches/banks. Pressing one button to change settings is a lot easier than tapdancing around a pedalboard.
Sat 11/06/05 at 18:23
Regular
"bot"
sg_nl90 wrote:
> v-amp is the best on the market olong eith the Line.

I spent weeks trying out Amp Modelers and Multi-FX units. The V-Amp (like all Behringer stuff) was crap. It sounds far more artificial than Boss or Line 6. If you're trying to say that the V-Amp is anywhere near as good as the PodXT you are severely misguided. In fact, the V-Amp isn't even comparable to the Pod 2.0 for its amp modelling. The effects are about the same.
Sat 11/06/05 at 18:23
Regular
"The Red Shift"
monkey_man wrote:
> Nah, computer effects and multi-FX pedals don't do it for me. I like
> to play how I'd play it live.

Exactly.

I'd prefer that my wah wah is fixed and I keep my nice strong amp over getting a stupid new one, which would require me to twiddle knobs in song.
Sat 11/06/05 at 18:14
Regular
"Mighty Strathmore"
v-amp is the best on the market olong eith the Line. A computer is great for recording unless you spend trhee grand on the best amp simulater softwear with every amp setting in the world with live updates every day. Plus subscription fee of i think £100 a year.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.