GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The ECW PPV is saved"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/06/05 at 14:58
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
(well not really as it'll still have all this invasion nonsense but ah well)

Yes the best damn commentator of all time and the voice of ECW Joey Styles WILL be doing the commentary on One Night Stand this coming sunday confirmed by the man himself on his website.

Must say i'm extremely pleased being a huge Styles fan plus the fact it means i can rest easy and not have to worry about an ECW PPV being commentated on by JR and the King

I am surprised though considering over the years Styles has always taken the opportunity to say he'd never work for the WWE.

*MARKS OUT*
Thu 09/06/05 at 14:58
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
(well not really as it'll still have all this invasion nonsense but ah well)

Yes the best damn commentator of all time and the voice of ECW Joey Styles WILL be doing the commentary on One Night Stand this coming sunday confirmed by the man himself on his website.

Must say i'm extremely pleased being a huge Styles fan plus the fact it means i can rest easy and not have to worry about an ECW PPV being commentated on by JR and the King

I am surprised though considering over the years Styles has always taken the opportunity to say he'd never work for the WWE.

*MARKS OUT*
Thu 09/06/05 at 18:23
Regular
"you've got a beard"
thank GOD for that.
Styles and Tazz to be commentating.

as you say, JR and the King would simply not have worked for this event.
Thu 09/06/05 at 19:16
Regular
"not a friken newbie"
Styles is the voice of ECW without his overexited hyper-active blue pop fleuled commentry EC f\'n W is not the same
Thu 09/06/05 at 19:52
Regular
"One Man Landslide"
I just hope he returns to his pre-2000 form - after that point, he started to get worse, and his commentary in MLW was just downright bad. No move calls, far too exaggerated (even for Styles) and too many instances of putting himself over.

Which was a shame, because I was watching some of Hardcore TV before Barely Legal '97, and he was great. If he's back on that type of form, the PPV's in safe hands.
Thu 09/06/05 at 20:26
Regular
"I like cheese"
Who were the WCW commentators?
Thu 09/06/05 at 22:02
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
Ant wrote:
> Who were the WCW commentators?

They had many comentators, but the most famous and frequent were:
Tony "Best Nitro Ever" Schiavone
Larry Zybysko
Bobby Heenan
Mike Tenay(now of TNA fame)
Scott Hudson
Stevie Ray(for a while)
Eric Bischoff(before he became an on-screen heel with the nWo, he was probably the best announcer out there)
Mark Madden(In Nitro's final days)
Jim Ross(before his WWF days)
Jesse Ventura

Anyone else I forgot?

If you were talking about who commentated for WCW when it "returned" as part of the Invasion angle a few years back, I believe Scott Hudson and Arn Anderson did the honours.
Thu 09/06/05 at 22:05
Regular
"I like cheese"
Ah yeah, I heard Tenay was pretty good.
Thu 09/06/05 at 23:43
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Tenay makes me laugh when he starts shouting at Jeff Jarett and then when AMW got screwed out of the titles by Candido he started shouting at the new champs (cant remember who...dont watch it much) saying that they deserve a re-match!
Fri 10/06/05 at 10:38
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Jim of Honor wrote:
> I just hope he returns to his pre-2000 form - after that point, he
> started to get worse, and his commentary in MLW was just downright
> bad. No move calls, far too exaggerated (even for Styles) and too
> many instances of putting himself over.

Yet still a million times better than listening to the King and JR :-D
Fri 10/06/05 at 13:36
Regular
"..."
...and remember, you heard it from me first!

(Says a thank you to Mondo).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.