GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Filmaday is just a FAD!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/06/01 at 01:16
Regular
DVD? Yeah right, who would want to worry about more CD's?!

"DVD is nothing but a waste of time! I think i'll stick to good Old VHS!"

Pride, such a terrible thing... it's something that stops gamers from experiencing quality games from 'The Opposition' shall we say... and it is the same for VHS owners...

Okay so DVD's are a bit more expensive but the quality of picture, sound, and overall experience is more than worth it...

DVD, stands for Digital Video Disc and it is the next generation of optical disc storage technology. It's essentially a bigger, faster CD that can hold cinema-like video, better-than-CD audio, and computer data.

I have only just had the chance to experience DVD technology at my cousins house and I have to say it is nothing short of amazing...

Thinking of getting a new VHS... Pah! Get with the times!

Look into it... there is more to it than you think...

And if you do get one, you'll see that Filmaday won't be such a FAD after all!!

Game
Thu 14/06/01 at 16:21
Grandprix wrote:
> DVD's are just too much effort. I just don't have the time for
> films.

Then your on the wrong website mate................
Fri 08/06/01 at 12:46
Hey, should your name be in green? :0 There are a few PS2 DVD games currently, but like you say, most are still CD.
Thu 07/06/01 at 18:26
Regular
"Kiss my face!"
Yup i have to agree with Loops on the fact that DVD doesn't stand for Digital Video Disc, as it does indeed stand for Digital Versatile Disc. It was originally called a Digital Video Disc but was later changed as it was discovered that not only films could be stored on the discs but also encyclopedia's and even games for next-gen consoles.

Why else are machines like PS2 and XBox have a DVD player built into them from the start. At the moment, I don't believe there are many games in the DVD format for the PS2 as they are still on CD-ROM's.

But that is all about to change as the anticipated GT3 A-Spec is on the beloved DVD format so that more information can be squeezed onto the disc, thus resorting back to what the original GT was on one disc unlike GT2 on 2 discs. And don't forget it can be ordered on SR for a great price of £34.99
Thu 07/06/01 at 17:58
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
DVD's are just too much effort. I just don't have the time for films.
Thu 07/06/01 at 16:12
DVD's aren't that much more expensive than videos these days - loads of places are doing 2 for £25 which seems like a bit of a bargain to me - especially when you consider that it cost me over a fiver to get into the pictures last time.

Sorry to be picky, but isn't it Digital Versatile Disc, not Digital Video Disc?
Wed 06/06/01 at 17:36
I know it's a cliche, but when you've watched films on DVD, you really do notice how poor the picture quality and sound are on video. I remember when I got a PC with a DVD drive, and was expecting a big improvement in picture, but what really impressed me was the sound. It actually makes getting music DVDs worthwhile.

DVDs definitely aren't perfect, with artefacts, and lip synch issues with some combinations of disk and players, but still a big improvement. And that's not even considering the bonuses. Want to listen to a Jodie Foster commentary about the scenes in Contact? Want to see how the special effects were done in The Matrix? Want to watch Metallica from different camera angles? Want to watch The Truman Show in some obscure language? Probably not, but it's a laugh for a couple of minutes. Want to be able to transport your film collection in a CD wallet? Want to only have to buy one product to see all the different versions of your favourite film? Do you want the choice of subtitles or dubbing on your foreign films?

Yes they are more expensive than videos, but with DVDs you do usually get what you pay for.
Wed 06/06/01 at 16:37
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
rehanhaque wrote:
> DVD's are more then just movies now, It is a hobby! when did you
> ever hear of people with vhs collections, now anyone you ask has a
> DVD collection on there shelves.

I have a fledgling DVD collection starting now, thanks to PC and PS2.
However,a lot of people have, and continue to build on, video collections.

The last count of mine came to just under 400.
All manner of movies, from classic b&w titles to Japense anime(and not a single Star Trek or Red Dwarf amongst them).
If my mates are after a movie they like, chances are I have it, or if they want to know what's coming out, what's decent etc then they ask me, because 9/10 I know.

Sad? It's a hobby and good fun, so I think you're mistaken when you think nobody has video collections.

The only problem with DVD is now I have to start over again.

*doh*
Wed 06/06/01 at 16:24
DVD's are more then just movies now, It is a hobby! when did you ever hear of people with vhs collections, now anyone you ask has a DVD collection on there shelves. Whether it be the Rocky anthology, Buffy box set or the best of Arnie, fact is they just look great on your shelf. DVD players are easily available now at affordable prices, obviously there would be websites to cash in on this craze, but Filmaday is an origonal and refreshing concept, that gives the readers a chance to say what they want, offer some of the cheapest prices on DVD and video games and Give away a free DVD a day!!!

Filmaday a fad?....I dont think so

Filmaday cashing in on a craze?.....I dont think so
Wed 06/06/01 at 13:44
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
It's ok, once you become like others, the quality stays pretty low.

Go Snuggly, break through that barrier, lose the colour
Wed 06/06/01 at 13:22
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Watch the quality of my posts deteriorate in my final 10.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.