GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Mosconi Cup and UK Championship snooker"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/12/06 at 21:24
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The Mosconi cup, for those not sure, is the Ryder Cup of pool as America take on Europe. It started out as a bit of fun as European snooker and pool players took on American pool players but for the last few years, it's become a much more serious event.

This is the 13th meeting between the 2 sides since its inception in 1994 and America have a 10-2 lead. It all begins on the 7th of December in Rotterdam and, if America don't wipe the floor with Europe, it should end on Sunday the 10th.

The teams are (according to the website):

USA

Earl Strickland
Johnny Archer
Rodney Morris
Corey Deuel
Mike Davis (rookie)
John Schmidt (rookie)

Europe

Mika Immonen
Ralf Souquet
Thomas Engert
Nick Van Den Berg
Imran Majid (rookie)
David Alcaide (rookie)

I'm hoping for more Strickland ranting personally.

Steve Davis used to be a regular feature of the European side but he is participating in the UK Championship, which has clashed with the Mosconi Cup for the 2nd year running.

The UK Championship is the 2nd biggest snooker tournament in the calendar and the televised phase of the competition begins Saturday, although by then some of the big names may already be out.

Ding Junhui beat Steve Davis in the final last year. Ding will have to travel from the Asian Games to play his game on Saturday and if he reaches the final in Asia, he'll be playing Thursday, travelling Friday and playing Saturday, probably with a nice bit of jet lag.

So, basically, discuss the two competitions. Should be a good week or so of cue sports.
Mon 11/12/06 at 15:19
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
:D

He's probably getting fed up with 147's so he's trying for other colour maximums.

6 frames on the trot is good going against Maguire although he's slipped down to 19 provisionally in the rankings, I though a couple of years ago he was going to bag himself a fair few titles but he's really struggled to perform since then.
Mon 11/12/06 at 15:05
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I thought the standard of play by most of the players was on the whole quite good. It was the pressure that made them miss the shots most of the time, which you have to expect because it is a fierce competition now.

Ronnie did waste much time today. On for about an hour and breezed past Maguire 9-3. A couple of centuries at the end of match, one of them was going to be a pink ball maximum (15 reds and pinks) but he missed the brown.
Mon 11/12/06 at 10:03
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Well the standard of play in the Mosconi Cup was pretty poor all round and Europe gifted it to the USA.

As far as the snooker goes I thought Ronnie would slaughter Maguire after going 4-0 up but fair play to him coming back to 5-3 in the second half of the session.

Dott, Higgins and Ebdon are all on fire and Dings through to the last 16 so it looks like it's shaping up to be a good tournament.
Mon 11/12/06 at 01:32
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Whaaat? Ah crap i flicked over and it was 3-0 so i thought Davis had blown it and never switched back. Crap

Ah well justice is done
Sun 10/12/06 at 23:58
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Heh, what did I say? Europe conspire to lose the Mosconi Cup! Mika Immonen blows 2 chances to win against Davis and then hands him the final rack and then Deuel beats Alcaide.

So, it's officially a draw but America retain the cup.
Sun 10/12/06 at 22:19
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Trust me with Davis and Corey Deule to come, it's over.

Bah no Earl interview, switcharoo
Sun 10/12/06 at 22:16
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
It's not over yet. Europe are almost certain to blow it now! :)

That really was a key game. 12-10 or 11-11 is such a big difference.
Sun 10/12/06 at 22:14
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Ah well that's the cup, just stick around now for a possible interview with Earl and if not then flick onto some NFL
Sun 10/12/06 at 22:04
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Calm down Earl, just pot them then mess around

Gah, idiot
Sun 10/12/06 at 21:58
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I guess the rules are different for pool than snooker in wanting the cue ball cleaned.

I thought the crowd was bang out of order there but it was funny nonetheless.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.