GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Mosconi Cup and UK Championship snooker"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/12/06 at 21:24
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The Mosconi cup, for those not sure, is the Ryder Cup of pool as America take on Europe. It started out as a bit of fun as European snooker and pool players took on American pool players but for the last few years, it's become a much more serious event.

This is the 13th meeting between the 2 sides since its inception in 1994 and America have a 10-2 lead. It all begins on the 7th of December in Rotterdam and, if America don't wipe the floor with Europe, it should end on Sunday the 10th.

The teams are (according to the website):

USA

Earl Strickland
Johnny Archer
Rodney Morris
Corey Deuel
Mike Davis (rookie)
John Schmidt (rookie)

Europe

Mika Immonen
Ralf Souquet
Thomas Engert
Nick Van Den Berg
Imran Majid (rookie)
David Alcaide (rookie)

I'm hoping for more Strickland ranting personally.

Steve Davis used to be a regular feature of the European side but he is participating in the UK Championship, which has clashed with the Mosconi Cup for the 2nd year running.

The UK Championship is the 2nd biggest snooker tournament in the calendar and the televised phase of the competition begins Saturday, although by then some of the big names may already be out.

Ding Junhui beat Steve Davis in the final last year. Ding will have to travel from the Asian Games to play his game on Saturday and if he reaches the final in Asia, he'll be playing Thursday, travelling Friday and playing Saturday, probably with a nice bit of jet lag.

So, basically, discuss the two competitions. Should be a good week or so of cue sports.
Wed 06/12/06 at 21:24
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The Mosconi cup, for those not sure, is the Ryder Cup of pool as America take on Europe. It started out as a bit of fun as European snooker and pool players took on American pool players but for the last few years, it's become a much more serious event.

This is the 13th meeting between the 2 sides since its inception in 1994 and America have a 10-2 lead. It all begins on the 7th of December in Rotterdam and, if America don't wipe the floor with Europe, it should end on Sunday the 10th.

The teams are (according to the website):

USA

Earl Strickland
Johnny Archer
Rodney Morris
Corey Deuel
Mike Davis (rookie)
John Schmidt (rookie)

Europe

Mika Immonen
Ralf Souquet
Thomas Engert
Nick Van Den Berg
Imran Majid (rookie)
David Alcaide (rookie)

I'm hoping for more Strickland ranting personally.

Steve Davis used to be a regular feature of the European side but he is participating in the UK Championship, which has clashed with the Mosconi Cup for the 2nd year running.

The UK Championship is the 2nd biggest snooker tournament in the calendar and the televised phase of the competition begins Saturday, although by then some of the big names may already be out.

Ding Junhui beat Steve Davis in the final last year. Ding will have to travel from the Asian Games to play his game on Saturday and if he reaches the final in Asia, he'll be playing Thursday, travelling Friday and playing Saturday, probably with a nice bit of jet lag.

So, basically, discuss the two competitions. Should be a good week or so of cue sports.
Thu 07/12/06 at 09:14
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Strickland seems to be more fired up for this event than for the World Champs as he doesn't like to let his team mates down.

After his antics in the World Champs I'm hoping for more fireworks too :D I cry with laughter everytime he goes off on one.

Shame Davis isn't in the team again but on the other hand it's good to see him doing well in the snooker so you can't have it both ways (well you could if the tournaments didn't clash!)

I watched the Premier League snooker final on Saturday Ronnie 7-0 whitewashed Jimmy White and is 19 frames unbeaten in the finals after beating Hendry and Williams 6-0 in the previous 2, if he can bring this form into any match he'll wipe the floor with everyone.

Must remember to send off for my World Champs tickets order form soon!
Thu 07/12/06 at 15:26
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yeah, I've been watching Premier League snooker since it went live 3 years ago. It just suits Ronnie's game as he doesn't get bogged down, he has to play shots and his opponents have to too.
Fri 08/12/06 at 09:16
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
USA 2-1 up after the first session the first match was very good with the USA just nicking it 6-5 after nearly blowing a 4-2 lead.

Disappointing 6-2 loss in the last match but a good start non the less.

Murphy and Robertson both well beaten in the second round of the UK and Ronnie just scrapes through 9-8. Coverage starts on the BBC tomorrow which I'll no doubt be watching.
Fri 08/12/06 at 16:26
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
End of the afternoons play today and it's a 3-3 tie. Europe won the first doubles game with Immonen and Souquet, America took the lead again as Archer and Deuel won and then Majid and Van Den Berg levelled the scores by beating Strickland and Morris.

Strickland and Morris had never lost as a pair up until today.
Fri 08/12/06 at 16:40
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Nice to see it's close and even better Strickland lost :D
Fri 08/12/06 at 23:20
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Europe take a 6-3 lead heading into Saturday with Alcaide, Majid and Souquet winning their singles matches against Schmidt, Archer and Deuel respectively.

That means Europe have won 5 of the 6 games today. It's also certain to go to Sunday as Europe can only reach 12 if they win all the games tomorrow.
Fri 08/12/06 at 23:31
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Nice to see Majid still doesn't have any class or respect
Fri 08/12/06 at 23:33
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
As long as it sets Strickland off, I hope it continues. :D
Fri 08/12/06 at 23:34
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
hehe yea if he had done that cue waving crap infront of Strickland he'd have been eating it

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.