GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Mosconi Cup and UK Championship snooker"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/12/06 at 21:24
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The Mosconi cup, for those not sure, is the Ryder Cup of pool as America take on Europe. It started out as a bit of fun as European snooker and pool players took on American pool players but for the last few years, it's become a much more serious event.

This is the 13th meeting between the 2 sides since its inception in 1994 and America have a 10-2 lead. It all begins on the 7th of December in Rotterdam and, if America don't wipe the floor with Europe, it should end on Sunday the 10th.

The teams are (according to the website):

USA

Earl Strickland
Johnny Archer
Rodney Morris
Corey Deuel
Mike Davis (rookie)
John Schmidt (rookie)

Europe

Mika Immonen
Ralf Souquet
Thomas Engert
Nick Van Den Berg
Imran Majid (rookie)
David Alcaide (rookie)

I'm hoping for more Strickland ranting personally.

Steve Davis used to be a regular feature of the European side but he is participating in the UK Championship, which has clashed with the Mosconi Cup for the 2nd year running.

The UK Championship is the 2nd biggest snooker tournament in the calendar and the televised phase of the competition begins Saturday, although by then some of the big names may already be out.

Ding Junhui beat Steve Davis in the final last year. Ding will have to travel from the Asian Games to play his game on Saturday and if he reaches the final in Asia, he'll be playing Thursday, travelling Friday and playing Saturday, probably with a nice bit of jet lag.

So, basically, discuss the two competitions. Should be a good week or so of cue sports.
Mon 18/12/06 at 09:42
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Hendry had an absolute shocking first 4 frames of the final session I've never seen him play so bad.

All credit to Ebdon knocking in 8 centuries I think it was during the tournament (I saw the 132 on Friday afternoon :))
Sun 17/12/06 at 23:46
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Ebdon probably played the best of anyone so him winning wasn't as big a shock. Hendry just didn't have his A-game with him tonight.
Sun 17/12/06 at 15:38
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I went to see Ebdon vs Higgins on Friday afternoon the standard of play was very high and in the 1st frame Ebdon potted 13 reds and 12 blacks before missing the 13th black.

Hendry 1-0 up in the final at the minute.
Sat 16/12/06 at 13:46
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
High quality game between Higgins and Ebdon. Could be a repeat of the World Final if Dott wins today.
Thu 14/12/06 at 16:31
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Ronnie has walked out of his match! 4-1 to Hendry and he missed a red in frame 6 and he walked out after shaking the hands of Hendry and the referee. He's basically conceded the match.
Wed 13/12/06 at 23:22
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Higgins couldn't have asked for a better match. Everything was going his way and Perry deserved more out of it but that's snooker in the end.

Ding was a bit below par and left himself too much to do in the end. He looked a little tired and Ebdon took advantage.

Davis V Dott and Hendry V O'Sullivan tomorrow.
Wed 13/12/06 at 09:11
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Nice to see Davis hitting form good to see him keeping his composure after going 4-1 up to 4-4 and nicking the 9th frame to go ahead again.

Not sure who will win it they're all playing well but as usual if Ronnie hits form he'll be hard to beat.
Wed 13/12/06 at 02:03
Regular
Higgins V Perry will be the one ill be keeping my eye on.
Wed 13/12/06 at 01:26
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
So, it's Ding V Ebdon, Higgins V Perry, Hendry V O'Sullivan and Davis V Dott.

I think that's a decent quarter final lineup. Obviously, Hendry V Ronnie is going to be a cracking game.
Mon 11/12/06 at 16:34
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Maguire had a poor year last year. The commentators mentioned he was using a new cue for this tournament so maybe that explains why he was a bit patchy against Ronnie.

Ronnie was just sensational though. Easily the best player in the world in full flight.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.