GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Guess how much for 41 PS2 games"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/06/05 at 10:27
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Edit - Update: Answer is.... £189!

This little lot (41 games) has been e-mailed to a few stores today for a part-exchange price. Using your skill and judgement, have a guess what you think they'll offer for it. I'll post what I get same time tomorrow (assuming I've had prices back by then).

Ajax Club Football £3.00
Army Men RTS £5.00
Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance £3.00
Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance II £10.00
Burnout £3.00
Burnout: Point of Impact £6.00
Colin McRae 04 £6.00
Conflict Desert Storm £3.00
Dark Cloud £10.00
Destruction Derby Arenas £15.00
Devil May Cry £3.00
Enter The Matrix £3.00
EyeToy Groove £3.00
Grand Theft Auto III £3.00
Grand Theft Auto Vice City £3.00
Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec £3.00
Gran Turismo 4: Prologue £6.00
Half Life £3.00
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin £3.00
I-Ninja £8.00
Jeremy McGrath: Supercross World £3.00
Judge Dredd: Dredd vs Death £2.00
Killzone £6.00
Lego Star Wars: The Video Game £16.00
Maximo £3.00
Medal of Honor: Frontline £3.00
Midnight Club 2 £6.00
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance £3.00
SOCOM II: US Navy SEALs £6.00
State of Emergency £3.00
Stuntman £3.00
Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain £8.00
The Getaway £3.00
This is Football 2004 £3.00
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003 £3.00
Timesplitters £1.00
Timesplitters 2 £3.00
TOCA Race Driver £3.00
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon £3.00
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell £3.00
Virtua Fighter 4 £3.00

Total: £189.00

So traded in for:

XBox
XBox DVD Remote
XBox Live kit
Forza Motorsport
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Mon 13/06/05 at 17:56
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> I actually calculated £195 but decided to go with the majority
> and added more to my guess :S

You added more? You idiot, the games shop wouldn't do that.
Sat 11/06/05 at 14:59
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
u should of bargained a little more =) whenever i trade in old games i normally haggel with the guy at the counter and he normally raises it slightly. u got rid of a lot of great games for only 3 quid...
Sat 11/06/05 at 01:52
Regular
"Monochromatic"
£15 for Destruction Derby and 10 for Baldurs Gate but only £3 for Vice City, the prices you've been really are disgraceful and i would have gladly paid you a tenner for at least 5 or 6 of those.
Sat 11/06/05 at 00:40
Regular
jam dodger wrote:
> Why did you trade that all in for an xbox?

Good question. Mainly because:

a) I could
b) So I could check out what everyone is raving about
c) I'm into online gaming but hate using a PC for it and the PS2 isn't very good at it

Now I know what everyone is raving about: XBox Live is excellent, I spent the first 2 hours just ripping 30 tracks out of my CD collection so I can listen to them as the background music in Forza Motorsport. I can move seamlessly between playing offline and online with the press of one button, no having to log in and out, and the real eye-opener is that from opening the boxes to getting online took about 30 seconds.

However, there were some surprises.

(i) Graphically I'd say Forza was on par with Gran Turismo 3, it's nowhere near Gran Turismo 4. Graphics be damned though, it's a hell of a lot more fun to play than Gran Turismo 4.
(ii) Americans have dirty driving down to a fine art ("Sorry dude didn't mean to slam you, I got the dog jumping all over my cables here" is probably the best excuse I've ever heard for someone ploughing into the back of me just before a hairpin), and can whinge and whine better than any nation of gamers I've yet met.
(iii) Having the word 'Microsoft' appear on the main boot up screen feels really weird.

So, so far, I'd put both consoles on level pegging in terms of great games, but XBox is light years ahead in terms of online fun, which is why I got it. I still have my PS2, and once the XBox novelty runs out I'll be back to playing Champions of Norrath and Final Fantasy and Monster Hunter and SOCOM. The great thing is I've got a whole back catalogue of cheap XBox games to build up and experience now as well, starting with Halo, Halo 2, Knights of the Old Republic and Fable.
Fri 10/06/05 at 19:59
Regular
"gran turismo master"
Are you crazy that is a rip off for all of them games.
Why did you trade that all in for an xbox?
Fri 10/06/05 at 15:36
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Meh, it's still a rip-off.
Fri 10/06/05 at 15:34
"period drama"
Meh, it's still a rip-off.
Fri 10/06/05 at 15:08
Regular
> FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Part-exchange sucks bahalies.
>
> Indeed.
> Be nice to know how much money you've lost on all that lot.

Good luck working it out.

Take into account that before I traded them in my entire collection was 103 games: 31 were from GADs, 17 were from assorted web competitions, 14 were Sony freebies, 8 were birthday/christmas presents.

Also take into account that the actual RRP of the goods I traded them in for comes to £209.96.

Also take into account the time saved (one morning in town compared to the weeks it would have taken to shift it all on e-Bay).

Also bear in mind that I stopped playing these games a long, long time ago, most of them I have sequels for, or else they were plain dross and were just gathering dust.

Think you'll find that in my place part-ex was pretty handy.
Fri 10/06/05 at 14:44
"period drama"
> Part-exchange sucks bahalies.

Indeed.
Be nice to know how much money you've lost on all that lot.
Fri 10/06/05 at 14:42
Regular
You got rid of Killzone?

I wanted to own your ass on that!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.