GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Onions Please."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/06/05 at 21:22
Regular
"the burning sky"
No this isnt a Pikmin related post. With a little time spare leading up to my exams, I've decided to refashion my site. Mainly removing the godawful Tables and I-Frames, replacing them with CSS and whatnot. PHP will come later for includes and whatnot, but feel free to critcise my current basic template. Buttons and Logo arent actual, just an idea of what goes where.

[URL]http://incensed.quirkyanimations.co.uk/[/URL]
Wed 29/06/05 at 20:23
Regular
"Bicycle"
Sorry - two things.

First - don't "get" the blue bar.

Second - don't really like image buttons. Would rather see some tidy use of CSS
  • etc. there.
Wed 29/06/05 at 14:25
Regular
"the burning sky"
Bump. Exams are over, so here's a slightly updated version, removed the nav bar, just messing with some button ideas currently...
Tue 07/06/05 at 22:53
Regular
"you've got a beard"
well it's still looking alright dude, don't sweat it, just keep trying different things
Tue 07/06/05 at 21:24
Regular
"the burning sky"
Very_Metal wrote:
> i'm still not sold on that grey box. perhaps it should be a little
> darker, or the gradient should flow more instead of being so quick.
>
> that blue bar isn't sitting right with me still either.
>
> the new logo is pretty sweet though.

Yeah i think it does need to have a wider gradient on it. I've thinking of leaving the blue bar as is. I'm trying out another graphic which will be a similar color to it. To be honest the thing that is the different color to the rest is the 'light' on the menu bar. Will have to leave it for a while tho' exams and whatnot, as well as my inability to do anything in photoshop properly. To learn some stuff i try following tutorials, but before long it goes wrong cus they are using a different version or i cant do something in one of the steps since I havent used it in so long...

*feels deflated*
Tue 07/06/05 at 19:21
Regular
"you've got a beard"
i'm still not sold on that grey box. perhaps it should be a little darker, or the gradient should flow more instead of being so quick.

that blue bar isn't sitting right with me still either.

the new logo is pretty sweet though.
Mon 06/06/05 at 19:02
Regular
Heh (just) needs content now. Nice one!
Mon 06/06/05 at 18:58
Regular
"the burning sky"
Tomm wrote:
> Hmm I cant seem to get it to do the stretchy thing...

Right CSS has been changed, works fine on IE and FF. Other browser tests would be nice if any of you have them. I've changed a few images for layout sake, split the page up into header.php, index.php and footer.php. The nav bar is now included via another php file, along with the code for the image randomisation. Decided to leave the left bar as is, just got the main title to do along with the buttons, which is what I said I had to do this morning/last night, but at least some other problems have been sorted.
Mon 06/06/05 at 13:22
Regular
"the burning sky"
Hmm I cant seem to get it to do the stretchy thing...
Mon 06/06/05 at 13:04
Regular
"the burning sky"
cjh wrote:
> I think it's pretty nice, although as a personal choice I don't like
> browsing main content in a scrollable window, like you have at the
> moment, as it can't easily be viewed with a scroll wheeled mouse
> (i.e. main window is scrolled rather than the content window).
>
> Also, the links can be a little small for some (I have poor eye
> sight), so adding a title attribute to each link might be an
> idea as well, for example:
>
> title="home page"
> ... >

Yeah, thats the overflow tag, was going to remove it because refreshing causes the main content window to jump about.

And yes I already know about the buttons. :P
Mon 06/06/05 at 11:20
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I think it's pretty nice, although as a personal choice I don't like browsing main content in a scrollable window, like you have at the moment, as it can't easily be viewed with a scroll wheeled mouse (i.e. main window is scrolled rather than the content window).

Also, the links can be a little small for some (I have poor eye sight), so adding a title attribute to each link might be an idea as well, for example:

title="home page" ... >

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.