GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Onions Please."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/06/05 at 21:22
Regular
"the burning sky"
No this isnt a Pikmin related post. With a little time spare leading up to my exams, I've decided to refashion my site. Mainly removing the godawful Tables and I-Frames, replacing them with CSS and whatnot. PHP will come later for includes and whatnot, but feel free to critcise my current basic template. Buttons and Logo arent actual, just an idea of what goes where.

[URL]http://incensed.quirkyanimations.co.uk/[/URL]
Sun 05/06/05 at 21:22
Regular
"the burning sky"
No this isnt a Pikmin related post. With a little time spare leading up to my exams, I've decided to refashion my site. Mainly removing the godawful Tables and I-Frames, replacing them with CSS and whatnot. PHP will come later for includes and whatnot, but feel free to critcise my current basic template. Buttons and Logo arent actual, just an idea of what goes where.

[URL]http://incensed.quirkyanimations.co.uk/[/URL]
Sun 05/06/05 at 21:24
"period drama"
Make the buttons a bit chunkier and the writing on them bigger.
Otherwise ... rather decent.
Sun 05/06/05 at 21:28
Regular
"the burning sky"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Make the buttons a bit chunkier and the writing on them bigger.
> Otherwise ... rather decent.

Cheers. As I said, buttons werent final, just something to shove on.
Sun 05/06/05 at 22:32
Regular
"the burning sky"
Bah tried to put a third div in, to make the layout a bit more logical, and for some reason its appearing in the right place, but below the other two. All three are meant to be lined up. Anyone point me in the right direction. The naffed up version isnt uploaded.
Sun 05/06/05 at 22:47
Regular
"the burning sky"
Tomm wrote:
> Bah tried to put a third div in, to make the layout a bit more
> logical, and for some reason its appearing in the right place, but
> below the other two. All three are meant to be lined up. Anyone point
> me in the right direction. The naffed up version isnt uploaded.

Ah I set float:left on all the three sections and it displays fine, apart from a small gap that only appears on the right side. If I set repeat Image on the y axis it is replaced by the repeated image. But I dont want that to happen.
Sun 05/06/05 at 22:58
Regular
"the burning sky"
NVM all sorted now, and uploaded...
Sun 05/06/05 at 23:20
Regular
Asthetically pleasing to 90% of my sensory organs.
Sun 05/06/05 at 23:23
Regular
"the burning sky"
nova prospekt wrote:
> Asthetically pleasing to 90% of my sensory organs.

Goodo.
Mon 06/06/05 at 00:14
Regular
"you've got a beard"
the colouring of the left hand side bar seems out of place. the other blues you've used are more "electric".

also, the grey box with the nav buttons in is kinda flat looking. maybe continue the gradient from the top and bottom prongs that poke out of it, just to add some visual momentum to it?

other than that and the small buttons (which you know about) it's looking pretty nice!!
Mon 06/06/05 at 09:31
Regular
"the burning sky"
Very_Metal wrote:
> also, the grey box with the nav buttons in is kinda flat looking.
> maybe continue the gradient from the top and bottom prongs that poke
> out of it, just to add some visual momentum to it?

I get what you mean, that should be quite easy to change.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.