GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ebay Scam attempt AGAIN...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/06/05 at 18:02
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Flipping heck these guys don't give do do they?? I have relisted my phone with a clear statement saying that I will NOT accept and DHL/UPS deals or Bidpay or any other oddities, I want cold hard paypal cash or cheque only:

So heres what I get today:

"Dear tigamilla,

Our company have Intrest in this your listed item,we need 2 pieces of this items as we need it for our workers that we pay up there salary in the end of 2 weeks and we need the items urgently ,So the items will be added to the salary of our workers as a gift as we always do when paying there salaries. So our company is going to make the payment right away through one of the fast secure way of payment delivery which is (BidPay Money Order) . So we will need your contact name and address where you want the payment to be deliver to you to and we make the payment right away . The payment will be make and you will receive an approved confirmation letter from (BidPay Money Order ) that the payment have been paid & approved . So we make an offer of $300.00 for each item . So the items is needed urgently now to be added to the workers salarie so this items most be deliver within 4 days after payment approved so we will like the items to be ship out thru Fedex EXP*"

Crickey.

Sat 04/06/05 at 18:35
Regular
To be honest, you've gotta be pretty stupid to fall for that.
Sat 04/06/05 at 18:34
Regular
They use some made up company to "send" the money. They then send a confirmation letter to the seller saying that the money has gone through etc, even though it hasn't.

Gullable seller believes he has the money therefore sends the item off to them.
Sat 04/06/05 at 18:28
Regular
I know this is going to make me sound stupid, but whatever...

How exactly do the e-bay scams work? I'm a little confused.
Sat 04/06/05 at 18:06
Regular
"Mozzy"
Same thing happened to me quite recently. I've had to relist my phone 4 times and still I get people who are from Nigeria winning my auction and asking for me to send it to their 'sister' in America.

The funniest e-mail they sent me was probably the one where the guy said "I am white and from the American land". Haha.

You can use this filter Ebay have where only people with Paypal accounts can bid on your auctions, most of the scammers dont usually have paypal accounts so they wont beable to bid on your auctions. Theres lots of other filters you can use to stop scammers bidding on your items...
Sat 04/06/05 at 18:02
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Flipping heck these guys don't give do do they?? I have relisted my phone with a clear statement saying that I will NOT accept and DHL/UPS deals or Bidpay or any other oddities, I want cold hard paypal cash or cheque only:

So heres what I get today:

"Dear tigamilla,

Our company have Intrest in this your listed item,we need 2 pieces of this items as we need it for our workers that we pay up there salary in the end of 2 weeks and we need the items urgently ,So the items will be added to the salary of our workers as a gift as we always do when paying there salaries. So our company is going to make the payment right away through one of the fast secure way of payment delivery which is (BidPay Money Order) . So we will need your contact name and address where you want the payment to be deliver to you to and we make the payment right away . The payment will be make and you will receive an approved confirmation letter from (BidPay Money Order ) that the payment have been paid & approved . So we make an offer of $300.00 for each item . So the items is needed urgently now to be added to the workers salarie so this items most be deliver within 4 days after payment approved so we will like the items to be ship out thru Fedex EXP*"

Crickey.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.