GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A plea to UKdiscussion members...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/05/01 at 18:39
Regular
ok, this isn't about the future of gaming....but it is a prime topic in my view.

A hotmail user who uses the email address [email protected] has somehow aquired and submitted a picture of me onto hotornot.com

I did not give him permission to do so.

For my own personal reasons, I do not wish for my photo to be on there but he refuses to get it back off.

I have been trying to get him to remove it for ages by talking to him on MSN but he wont.

Can all of you who are in favour of your own web security, email him in protest....a bit like a petition.

I have warned him that I'll go to the police, and I have contacted the website, however I reckon I'll only get back an autoreply.

Thankyou for reading this and sorry Tony, I know it's not about the FOG, but it's about the security of webusers which I feel is important.
Thu 31/05/01 at 23:48
Regular
"everyone says it"
Well I sent him a fake virus that warns him to turn of his computer within 15 seconds or his drive will format itself, a ticker appears which would scare anyone!!

(its ok, its all fake)

but funny! lol
Thu 31/05/01 at 23:44
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Hehehehehe:

Success!

[email protected] has received 500 E-mail each containing:

I just read about your evil spamming ways you spamming git you deserve to die.
Thu 31/05/01 at 23:17
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I can't see you...not that i'd recognise you if I did!

Actually there you are! Ooh, don't worry... i'd have said you're hot...lol...^_^

I really wouldn't worry about it...do what you can to get rid of the pic if you want, but you'd be best to lose all contact with this ROB character, block him from your MSN, ICQ and Hotmail Inbox...

Forget him Edgy!

Game

PS: Are you on Messenger?! Post your address if you are....if you don't want to put it on the site just add me!

[email protected]
Thu 31/05/01 at 23:10
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Unlucky there mate!
Thu 31/05/01 at 23:01
Regular
"everyone says it"
Edgy, sad thing is hotornot really don't or should I say won't care about you having this problem, your best bet would be to get your picture up and click the link for 'report user'... but still they wouldn't care!!

Sorry to hear about that mate!

:(

P.S Sunny is up there at hotornot! :)
Thu 31/05/01 at 22:39
Edgy! isn't the Only one getting grief from this ROB character!

but for the purposes of this post ROB will be referred to as BOB

I have know Edgy! for about a year now and I met BOB at about the same time, we met on the old Freeserve Chat Games room (R.I.P) and he seemed ok at the time, then Bob and K moved onto the MSM messanger service and I followed suit and they had been my two main MSN contacts for ages,

Edgy! wasnt on MSN at the time cos his it didnt aggree with his computer instead he used ICQ

i have had many arguments with BOB before and there have been times when Ive ignored or blocked him, but I always forgave him and went back to talking to him again

he would be OK for a while then he would get rude and cheeky and upset me again, and so the cycle went on...

but one day he went too far, he was having a game of Truth or Dare with K,Soph anf Kez (other MSN contacts of ours) and he dared Soph to give me the big Come-on, so she was acting all pouty and then BOB surgested that we Kiss and put in the Tongues, which I found mildly offensive but then he said "Go on lick her P-U-S-S-Y out!!!!" well that for me was the last straw, I told him what i thought of him in no uncertain terms and then proceeded to block him from all my messaging services.

a few days passed, then I started to get a load of Spamming on my Hotmail account, 23 messages at first, mostly confermations to verious internet subscription services, but for the next few days i was getting about 4-5 Spamms a day, I suspected BOB cos it was just the kind of thing I expected him to do, Then BOB got a Fake Email that appeared to come from my Hotmail account which using numerous F words blamed him for the spamming and ended in a death treat,
I never sent this email, it was posted at a time when I wasnt online, the same thing happened to Edgy! he recived an Email that appeared to come from my Hotmail account again blaming him for the spamming.

the trickle of Spamms continued untill the saturday evening when I went Online to find 44 spams and a Email from the spammer. they called them selves The_untraceable_spammer and the spamming now spread onto my 2 other main Email addresses and the Spammer even took to taunting me online with messages on Yahoo and ICQ in which they only laughed at me.

I still suspected BOB but when I confronted with my suspisions he always hotly denied any allogations and angrely protested his innocence to the point when i actually believed him. eventually i said that i want blaming him anymore and started to talk to him again on Yahoo messanger and the Spamms mysteriously stopped apart from the occational one or two.

Then I was talking to K about the spammer and she admitted to her and BOB being responsible for the Spamming, I was shocked, not at BOB cos I expected that sorta behavure from him but not K, she was one of my oldest and most trusted online Contacts and she betrayed me and sided with BOB against me, I felt betrayed and immediatly Blocked her on MSN and ICQ and removed the links to her website from my own site

later that evening I went on the internert to find 2 Emails from BOB one saying that one of my other Contacts had a major falling out with Edgy! and he was blaming the spamming on BOB in revenge and in the second mail BOB said that K had told him about telling me the truth about the identity of the Spammer and he wanted to know what she had said and that he didnt know anything about the Spamming but then a few days later I got this.....

Subject: read this!!!!

Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 18:48:25 +0100

*sigh*
it isn`t kayleigh`s fault.
i am the phantom spammer, i set up everything and its all my fault.
so unblock kay because all she did was reluctantly assist me once or twice.
i didnt do it for vengeance or whatever, i did it purely for fun. which may sound nasty, but all it was is a joke that got blown out of proportion. so unblock me temporarily and i`ll explain everything.

well after getting this I did unblock BOB for 5 minutes just so he could give his side of the story, mainly he was trying desperatly to get K off the hook but he did admit to enjoying winding me up all the time, but when the 5 mins was up I totally excommunicated him.

afterwards I blocked Sophie as well she was an MSN contact and she admitted to knowing what was going on and not telling me, but she was to good a friend of BOBs to risk having her invite him into convo when I was talking to her so I blocked her as well.

this sad tale might give you some idea of what this BOB (or ROB) character is like, hes a two faced, backstabbing, liying little toe rag and hes not to be trusted EVER for he will allways betray that trust.

if you wish to give him a call your self then simply Email him at [email protected] or [email protected]

Give him HELL and say I sent you.
Thu 31/05/01 at 20:45
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
gronti_v wrote:
> Isn't it illegal to do that?
Ah well laws are there to be broken
> after all... Aren't they? Well maybe not then.

I don't think it is illegal, but it sure annoys the hell out of people!

News! I have updated it so it now allows you to send 500 E-mails! Mwwwhaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

(PS It might take ages to send as the server isn't superfastlightningquick.)
Thu 31/05/01 at 20:41
Isn't it illegal to do that?
Ah well laws are there to be broken after all... Aren't they? Well maybe not then.
Thu 31/05/01 at 20:34
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
big_slow wrote:
> this things great

I know. I wrote it. Please select your donation amount:

[] £5
[] £10
[] £20
[] £50
[] £100

Credit card type:

[] Visa
[] Switch
[] Mastercard
[] Debit card

Card number:

Expiry date:

__/__

Issue number (switch)

__

Please E-mail this form to [email protected]

Thank you for your contribution.

(PS The spammer won't send E-mails to the above address so don't bother)
Thu 31/05/01 at 20:28
turbonutter wrote:
> http://www.microsoftsucks.f2s.com/spammer.php

I think it's what
> you need...

this things great

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.