GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My sweet summer job in Essex!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/06/05 at 16:07
Regular
"Light of the world"
Ok, so I could have worked in a bar... a pub - a burger van or indeed just sat on my jacksy and wait for money to appear on my lap all summer.

BUT

O yes...

I am working in the 'Tea Shoppe' in the alpha garden centre, in Essex.

'Tea Shoppe' - sounds traditional huh? Like the kind of place that sells toasted tea cakes and scones to posh people? That brings you tea in little blue cups and saucers with pretty little china tea pots? That brings you sandwiches cut into triangles faced up with garnish instead of two rectangles on a plate?

- well yes. It is!

Its all very nice. Its a lovely feminine job, with my little apron and my smile and my own little 'drinks and cakes' area - or 'station' as i like to call it. I am casually whipping cappacinos, creating lattés and milkshake art spectaculars!

It's all very lovely except - we forget - one minor set back

ESSEX.

Now i have grown up here, i have worked in chelmsford and wickford and been to school in billericay. I have dragged my friend out of a stoner council estate in pitsea, i have watched someones arm be sliced open with a bare bottle, i have gone to the deep pit of basildon's belly and walked past chavs in their 60's breeding little chavs!

This quaint little tea shoppe, wooden cabin - wooden tables, fountain in the grounds and its in Essex.

1) Builders. - It's morning, i've scrubbed the tables, put sugars in their little pots and by joe am i ready to be nice to some sweet little ladies and give them extra jam taking all credit for the cooking... in walks the builders. With their snotty, dirty, paint covered paws all over the menu - but o no, smutty behaviour i can handle. RUDENESS, as they pick at every single little thing that isnt quite right. To the thickness of toast to the smear on the tea spoon - which has probably emerged since he spat and wiped it on a greasy top.

... 'OIGHT LUV! GETTA's A TEA SPOON. BRING US KNIVES AND FORKS - PAIN IN THE F**king ARSSSS WE HAV TO GET EM OURSELVES!'

2) 'Hollerers'. - £1.00 for a POT of tea. Thats a good 2 cups of tea, they leave their table of chavlings and try pulling their t-shirts over thier bellies. Hobling over with earing hoops that could swing a pigeon.

'How Much is a tea luv???'

..'Its one pound for a pot, 80p for a mug'

'ITS A PAAAAAAND Bill.. A PAAAAAAAAAAAND.'

The high shrilled nasal bellow bounces off of the wooden ceiling and the poor customers - and continues in unison. 'WHAT YA WAAAANA EAAAAT?' 'BAYKAN?' 'NAAAAAAAAAAA They AINT GOT CHIPS ERE'

3) Travelling families of the irish kind - Travelling families of the irish kind come in ordering their fry ups whilst looking at your boobs. They then get you to go back and forth as much as they can to look at your booty - then concur and tell you what they think. They order one breakfast and pay for it. Then fifty fellow friends come and swoon the table ordering more breakfasts and drinks not at once but gathered so you lose track of who has paid and who hasnt.. then when you come back with receipt - the 'travellers' are long gone, skid marks and pitch forks in tow - so is the food and the cutlery - and plates..

Then you have your regular sleeeeeeze balls. If one more guy comments on my lovely 'MUFFins..' one more time.. This red head is gonna blow.

I do enjoy my job, dont get me wrong. The many peoples in this part of the country adds variety - from the brentwood posh knobs to the pitsea elizabeth duke clad - two teethed crew their is good ofund in all.

anyways..

This is my summer :)

Ginge is over and out.
Mon 06/06/05 at 15:30
Regular
"Light of the world"
hmmm

I sing, but in a worship band of the christian kind!

We rock -

But not at brentwood :) SATHEND n Kingston innnitttttt

he he he, i did wonder if people on here think of me when they see lil ginger lass's. I dare you all to make fools of yourselves and ask every ginger you see... till someone asks me and i'll be like 'WOOOO!'

:D

..anyway

Today we had a 2/3 disaster. Hollerers that acted like travellers but were english.. One ordered 'chips' whilst he raised his tshirt and itched at his man booob. NICE! :)

On other news, a certain fit builder/manual worker is coming in for more of our special cake. He aint gettin a piece of this :P
Mon 06/06/05 at 12:27
Regular
Lil Ginge wrote:
> Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Does it beat my Essex job?
>
> Night shift at Sainsbury's in Brentwood, 88 quid a night, 11pm-8am.
>
> Not bad I think.
>
>
> Great typo..
>
> that sainsburies rocks..
>
> it was my lifeline when performing at the hermit - as with the rest
> of those dodgy youth actors
>
> MMmmmmm strawberries and sugar and the salad bar..
>
> ah, brentwood sainsburies. :)

Ahh acting, I remember seeing a band there that had a ginger lass singing, thought it might have been you.

I hate that place anyway.
Sun 05/06/05 at 23:52
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
phi11ip wrote:
> You people live far too close for comfort.

Insert comment about bus travel in Essex when brain is working, previous 2 attempts gone wrong
Sun 05/06/05 at 23:49
Regular
"bot"
You should all meet up.
Sun 05/06/05 at 23:47
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
You people live far too close for comfort.
Sun 05/06/05 at 23:43
Regular
"Light of the world"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Does it beat my Essex job?
>
> Night shift at Sainsbury's in Brentwood, 88 quid a night, 11pm-8am.
>
> Not bad I think.
>
>
> Great typo..

that sainsburies rocks..

it was my lifeline when performing at the hermit - as with the rest of those dodgy youth actors

MMmmmmm strawberries and sugar and the salad bar..

ah, brentwood sainsburies. :)
Sun 05/06/05 at 17:11
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
heh
Brentwoof
£7 for 2 hours raking bunkers on weekend mornings, you can't touch that
Sun 05/06/05 at 17:03
Regular
Does it beat my Essex job?

Night shift at Sainsbury's in Brentwood, 88 quid a night, 11pm-8am.

Not bad I think.

Great typo..
Sat 04/06/05 at 22:52
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Sohos brilliant, nice record shops.
Sat 04/06/05 at 22:51
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Can i see your boobs?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.