GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Back on stage again tomorrow..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/06/05 at 13:26
Regular
... in a 1 act play we're putting on at a festival / competition. It's called Aftermath and it's set in the aftermath of a nuclear war. It's deadly serious but very, very good. 2 Months of work, for one performance of about 30 minutes.

Hopefully it'll all go well. It's strange not doing a run of shows as usually we do three nights, but it just means everyone only has to get it right once....
Thu 02/06/05 at 13:26
Regular
... in a 1 act play we're putting on at a festival / competition. It's called Aftermath and it's set in the aftermath of a nuclear war. It's deadly serious but very, very good. 2 Months of work, for one performance of about 30 minutes.

Hopefully it'll all go well. It's strange not doing a run of shows as usually we do three nights, but it just means everyone only has to get it right once....
Thu 02/06/05 at 13:34
Regular
"0228"
You do plays? I thought it was just Hibey. Anyway, good luck, though it does seem a bit of a waste only doing one performance. I was in a small production a while back, we did two showings and that didn't feel enough.
Thu 02/06/05 at 13:47
Regular
I, too, am a thespian. Did it when I was younger, then gave it a miss for a bit while at uni etc. Started last year and have done two shows so far, Bouncers which was really good fun to do, and Table Manners and Ayckbourne (sp?) thing which was quite good too....
Thu 02/06/05 at 13:49
Regular
"0228"
I did Treasure Island. I got to be the drunk guy at the beginning, Captain William Bones. Good times. Oh, and I don't care if it's a kids' book, at least people have heard of it.
Thu 02/06/05 at 16:50
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Sounds cool, Your Honour.

My college rendition of Jim cartwright's "Road" finished a week ago tonight. The one inwhich I played a misguided seventeen-year-old who starved himself to death. It went really well. The final night was fantastic. I got some great audience feedback, aswell. Apparently I do a great blood-curdling scream.
Thu 02/06/05 at 16:51
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I was Simeon in Joseph at Primary School.
Thu 02/06/05 at 17:07
Regular
"Selected"
LIAR!
Thu 02/06/05 at 19:10
Regular
"You've upset me"
Your Honour wrote:
Started last year and have done two shows
> so far, Bouncers which was really good fun to do

- What time is it?
- Jesus christ
- 10 to 7!
- Gonna be late
- Time for one last check...
- Hair?
- Check!
- Tie?
- Check!

Etc. I could do the whole scene :-)
We did a 20 min extract of Bouncers for our GCSE coursework, most fun I've ever had in my 3 years of doing GCSE's. We had 12 weeks to learn and choregraph a 20 minute section. So much fun. Who did you play?
Thu 02/06/05 at 21:46
Regular
I played Les.

- Aftershave? Jason Donovan uses this
- Check
- Money?
- Double Check.
- Condoms?
- Checkaroonie!

- - - - - - - - -

"And with a gasp of an orgasm and the burp of bad ale smelling breath, he'll stand there, legs shaking like a sh*tting dog. And he'll say..[/I"]

"[I]That was f##king brilliant
"

So many great lines in that show. Makes me want to do it again :-)
Thu 02/06/05 at 21:56
Regular
"You've upset me"
Your Honour wrote:
> I played Les.
>
> - Aftershave? Jason Donovan uses this
> - Check
> - Money?
> - Double Check.
> - Condoms?
> - Checkaroonie!

- Right, that's it then. We catch the bus at the end of the street.
- Ding ding!
- Fares please...
- Oh bollards

- When we get down there the pubs packed already. I see my mates Baz, Jerry, Kev and me into The Taverner's.
- Four pints pal!
- ONE

etc etc. Loved it. Although playing the women was really quite embarassing. Stroking male audience members faces and such... I was Ralph.

>
> "And with a gasp of an orgasm and the burp of bad ale
> smelling breath, he'll stand there, legs shaking like a sh*tting dog.
> And he'll say..[/I"]
>
> "[I]That was f##king brilliant
"[/I]
>
> So many great lines in that show. Makes me want to do it again :-)

Heheh. Not as strange as having a beard up your a###.
- The City At Night by Lucky Eric, an artist's impression
- P•ss artist...

Does indeed have many fantastic lines.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.