GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is there a way I can..."

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/06/05 at 18:28
Regular
Play PlayStation Final fantasy 7 on my PC?
Fri 03/06/05 at 11:21
Regular
Sorted it. It was me being stupid and not reading the settings properly, i was changing the frame rate without setting that i wanted a limit to be put on the frame rate. However i think i overshot it, everyhing went very slow. Made it perfect by when chance propellerhead came on and started playing the matrix soundtrack.
Rock on Neo-serge!
Fri 03/06/05 at 10:52
Regular
I think, if I'm not mistaken, the speed issue can also relate to your drive. See if there's an option to limit the speed at which your drive reads the discs. I'm sure BLEEM had a feature like that - which worked.

Failing that, just acquire the PC version. It's inferior, especially the soundtrack, but it's much easier to get working than having to battle with emulators. I'm sure P2P or Torrent places have it somewhere.
Fri 03/06/05 at 10:48
Regular
Works like a treat, only thing is i cant get it to slow down, its not much of a problem at the moment. Its just serge from army men 3d looks like he's on speed hehehe, ive tried putting the frame rate down, it was on 200 i put it down to 10 and theres no notable difference.
It is very funny though...
Fri 03/06/05 at 09:24
Regular
"the burning sky"
Creepy wrote:
> Still can't get it to work -_-

Bah, neither can my mate. Keep messing with the settings is all i can advise. Let me just check which plugins i'm using and you can work from there. The only one you'll need to change is the video one probably.

Video - Pete's D3D Driver 1.75
Sound - ePSXe SPU core 1.5.2.
CD - ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2.

Gogogo!
Fri 03/06/05 at 01:05
Regular
Still can't get it to work -_-
Thu 02/06/05 at 21:02
Regular
"the burning sky"
Got out of the city on FF7. Apparantly been playing on it over 6Hours, but thats cus the game is playing faster than it should. Might lower it to 60 or 70 FPS, should give me more decision time in battles.
Thu 02/06/05 at 11:18
Regular
"the burning sky"
Right got one fully working.

From [URL]http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Battlefield/9176/psxutil.html[/URL] you need the BIOS file - SCPH1001.

From [URL]http://www.aldostools.com/psxemus.html[/URL] you need to download the first two files from ePSXe.

Download: ePSXe 1.6.0 + ePSXeCutor 1.0.63 pack (488KB)
Download: Plugins Pack 4 MB (+90 plugins included)

Thats everything. Extract all files. Move the file in the first zip into the BIOS directory in the main ePSXe folder. Next run the self extractor on the Plugins pack and extract into the PLUGINS directory in the ePSXe folder. Thats everything. Next run the auto-config and everything should be set up. Click 'Nice' on the GFX settings. My advice is to set a low FPS rate. The default is no limit, so everything runs overly fast. Mine is set at 100 atm, but whilst playing FF7 the counter was running slightly fast. But i guess its a bit hit and miss with every game. Enjoy, before this gets deleted by those pesky mods!

Disclaimer: You can only download the BIOS file if you actually own a PS1
Thu 02/06/05 at 10:06
Regular
"the burning sky"
I managed to get one to work, but everything played at double speed. Currently looking for another...
Wed 01/06/05 at 23:08
Regular
"the burning sky"
http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/psx/
Wed 01/06/05 at 23:06
Regular
"the burning sky"
Creepy wrote:
> I get an error when I execute the program, someone about not a valid
> win32 program? Any ideas?

Same here, i didnt check it. Doh!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.