GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hmmm, who would know...?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/06/05 at 14:18
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
My neighbour moved out recently, leaving an empty house next to us, with a nice garden, massive outhouse/shed thing, raised decking, pond and water fountain. The interior is nicer than ours too. What's to stop us moving our stuff in, swapping the door numbers, and taking up residence there?

I've had a good think, and we live in the perfect spot to do it. The houses aren't numbered sequentially here, so it wouldn't go 1, 3, 2. We live in a small square of 7 houses which leads onto more houses. The houses opposite are meant to have the inbetween numbers - our side is even - but it carries on round the corner a bit and gets slightly out of sync. So it wouldn't be odd for our house to have the neighbour's number.

I know someone who works as an Estate Agent, should I need to swap keys (I'd just get my neighbour to go with the company, he'd play along, he liked us!), and someone who works as a Postman (fancy delivering to my area for a week again, Goaty?). It's just the initial change where someone might notice a difference, but then again they might not. In any case, we can just say we bought it - who would know/care?

The only moral issue is that of money. But our houses are worth the same, and our neighbour wouldn't care as long as he made what he'd make selling his house. It wouldn't be like we were ripping anyone off.

I honestly can't think of anything that could stop me doing this. Can you?

(obviously I'm not going to, but it could happen, think about it douchebag)
Tue 07/06/05 at 13:22
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Febreeze is dogs and fags only, mustiness is a no-go.
Tue 07/06/05 at 12:37
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If only you'd taken Fabreeze.
Tue 07/06/05 at 11:13
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Well I did it, but there was a musty smell so I moved everything back.

Oh well, next week another adventure!
Mon 06/06/05 at 08:42
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
It sounds like, however, he wants to be daring and cool, changing moving house into a game of life and death.

And I don't blame him, sounds...daring.
Mon 06/06/05 at 05:39
Regular
Monkey man, I forgot to mention last time:

If the houses are genuinely the same value you could do the whole thing legally - arrange to buy the house off them and sell yours, or even just sell yours and hand the money straight over to them, with slightly less hassle.

Might cost you a few grand in fees and stamp duty along the way, but still sounds like it could be worth it.
Fri 03/06/05 at 13:09
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> What happened to the teacher training course thing?
------

Going to be an OU course over 4 or 5 years, but need to get some ££ behind me to do it.
Postman means I can earn fulltime wage during the day and have my afternoons/weekends for degree.
Thu 02/06/05 at 23:17
Regular
munn wrote:
> On the plus side, he got to keep the bag which is really really cool.

My old flat mate used to be a post woman. She left her bag and things here when she moved out.

I might have a look and see if there's anything good there now :^)
Thu 02/06/05 at 19:10
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Goatboy wrote:
> It's 8pm now. I'll be at work in 8hrs time. If you're an office
> worker, this is 1am for you right now and I'm tired as you are then.
> But I wouldn't change it for the world.

What happened to the teacher training course thing?
Thu 02/06/05 at 17:58
Regular
"That's right!"
"I get paid to get in shape rather than pay gym membership for some pseudo-gay experience of lifting things and grunting in a room with other men."

Riiight. You have some strange ideas about gyms.

The closest I get to keeping fit now is walking 30 minutes a day (used to be an hour minumum back when I was at school) and going climbing every Wednesday. No time and/or money for the gym. Plenty of weights in my room though, just too lazy to pick them up...
Thu 02/06/05 at 12:54
Regular
I can imagine how tough it must be humphing those bags around all day.

My brother was a postie temporarily for about 3 months, and I remember him coming home the first few weeks moaning about how much hard work it was, and he's the most physically fit person I know (well, did know, teh alcohol and cannabis seem to be having an effect).

On the plus side, he got to keep the bag which is really really cool.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.