GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"OXM Halo 2 score"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Mon 01/11/04 at 09:51
Regular
Don't know if this has been put up yet...

But I got OXM through the post on saturday and Halo 2 has got...

10/10.

Haven't read the review, just looked at the score.
Mon 01/11/04 at 11:04
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Live demo?

Might get it.

Not really bothered about A) Beat em'ups and B) Said genre on Live
Mon 01/11/04 at 11:05
Regular
It's more like "We take Blinx up un-charted territory - his hairy little pu*sy ass".
Mon 01/11/04 at 11:06
Regular
"Touched!"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> It's more like "We take Blinx up un-charted territory - his hairy
> little pu*sy ass".

Anyone who says Blinx is remotely good is retarded, bloody awful game. Dare I ask if the second one is much different, bar the live play?
Mon 01/11/04 at 11:07
Regular
It wouldn't be the first time their review wasn't of a final build or even any sort of build THEY had actually played.

For NHL 2004 by EA Sports they spent a paragraph explaining how this new game mode made it better than last years edition. In the end EA actually took the game mode out which IGN had reported 2 months before release.

I seriously question whether they even play it or whether they just edit articles from the net.
Mon 01/11/04 at 12:17
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
10/10 does not mean its perfect! all they are saying is its the best game of its type and probably wont be beaten on xbox.
Mon 01/11/04 at 12:20
Regular
10/10 - 100% - spot on, the complete game.

It doesn't exist. If 10/10 doesn't mean perfect then what the hell does? Please explain...
Mon 01/11/04 at 12:27
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I always feel the /10 system is too imprecise.
Mon 01/11/04 at 12:31
Regular
Indeed. I thought OXM had a points scoring system anyway. I know the US OXM still does as it scored 9.7 over there.

This just makes it all the worse when they actually score games with a point ratio.
Mon 01/11/04 at 12:31
Exactly. How can you define a game in 10 points. Thats basically what it is doing. 100% scores are better. and dont just say that 9/10 is 90%, i'm talking about to the 1%!
Mon 01/11/04 at 12:38
Regular
Both are hardly spot on though unless they took an average, even then it would be way off as a crap game could have a stellar soundtrack but that would make the overall score better when really the scores should reflect 75% gameplay and 25% everything else.

How anyone can actually depict a game scoring 92 and 93 is a little beyond me. Have a .5 by all means but either side of that it gets really picky as a game ALWAYS has room for improvement.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.