GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"OXM Halo 2 score"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Mon 01/11/04 at 09:51
Regular
Don't know if this has been put up yet...

But I got OXM through the post on saturday and Halo 2 has got...

10/10.

Haven't read the review, just looked at the score.
Mon 01/11/04 at 09:51
Regular
Don't know if this has been put up yet...

But I got OXM through the post on saturday and Halo 2 has got...

10/10.

Haven't read the review, just looked at the score.
Mon 01/11/04 at 09:54
Regular
I think it was pretty much certain that the Official magazine would give it 10/10.

If it is truly worthy of that score, then great stuff.

Still, if it does turn out to disappoint, this magazine is playing a big part in setting people up for a fall, and that could be a very bad idea.
Mon 01/11/04 at 10:00
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The OFFICIAL Xbox magazine gave the most hyped, most anticipated game of the year on the format they cover exclusively, the highests mark they could possibly give it? Get outta here.
Mon 01/11/04 at 10:14
Regular
You have to love them. No glitches, slow down, gameplay issues, no room for any improvement in any possible way? Yeah right...

You have to look at their Blinx and Enter the Matrix scores as two examples of how way off they are.

I'm not saying it isn't going to be THAT good but 10/10, no such a game exists.
Mon 01/11/04 at 10:24
Regular
"gsybe you!"
OXM are true morons - they loved every 'Only on Xbox' game if they got the slightest wink from MS.
Mon 01/11/04 at 10:33
Regular
The thing is, they would gain a hell of a lot more respect if their reviews were consistent, truthful and without any influence from outside parties.

I gave games 10/10 about 4-5 years a go when I wanted to win GAD, that is about the level of thought gone into the marking system. They couldn't even find one fault, not even one. I would love to actually ask them where they could find room for improvement.
Mon 01/11/04 at 10:54
Regular
Nah, I disagree. OXM really know what they're talking about and never give game ratings they don't deserve.

Oh and remember "Blinx takes platforming gaming into uncharted territory, essential!111!1"
Mon 01/11/04 at 11:00
Regular
They review games whilst ear shafting Bill Gates with their fingers rammed up his ass. The last edition of OXM I bought was just before the rekease of Conflict Desert Storm so I could play the demo.

Their reviewing skills are laughable.
Mon 01/11/04 at 11:03
Regular
They're totally biased and I'm 99% sure the majority of the games they review aren't even the full versions.

Fable for example, in the review they talked about things that didn't even make it into the final game. They had screenshots of armour and helmets that weren't in the final build.

Only reason to buy that mag's for demo's and they very rarely have anything of worth on the disk. I'm tempted by Novembers issue though as it's got a massive demo of DOA:U
Mon 01/11/04 at 11:04
Regular
"Touched!"
OXM are complete tards. I only ever buy the mag for decent demo's or if it has a big review. But agree about the 10/10. 9.5 maybe but show me a game that's perfect, apart from Pikey Fighter 3D :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.