GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Well im bored!"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/06/05 at 03:22
Regular
"Catch it!"
So heres a story off the top of my head.
I run in; people on both sides shooting me madly, like a pack of wild wolves. I jump through the air and throw a grenade. Then I roll to the floor and escape to another room. I hear the explosion. I watch the people fly. The first person fly’s up into the air, spinning uncontrollably. All the people fly out like a load of pigeons flying off. Then they all smash to the floor. I come out of the room and have a look around but no-one, so empty that tumbleweed could fly by.

I run downstairs there’s so much silence you could even hear a pin drop. But then I hear a cracking concrete - the steps are breaking. I jump for it just as the stairs collapse. That could have been me falling to my death but it wasn't and that was good. But then I feel a hand on my shoulder. It’s a bony hand, the fingers dig into me like knifes. I punch back and knock the person to the floor.

I look down on the floor, its a man he has a gun in his hand, a bruise on his face and a black top on with blue jeans, I’m gonna’ kill this sucker. I hold my gun to his head putting my finger on the smooth trigger. Then blowing this guys brains to the floor. I blast a hole in his head then turn round and put my black boots to the floor and walk away, with a grin on my face. My work here is done. Now I must move and find some more suckers to kill.

I run out the building with my hard shoes walking on the floor. I get in my car, my Nissan 350:Z. I speed off down the road to my next assignment. To Mr Johnson the meanest guy in town. He hadn't paid me for the drug I gave him and that was 3 weeks ago. I drive down to Mr Johnson’s and stop outside his house. He tries to show off with his house, trying to make it really flash by having guard dogs outside. Well I grab my shotgun and blow those mutts heads in. They tried to bark but them mutts didn't have time to I was too quick for them. I blow the lock on the gate and walked in. I throw a rock at Mr Johnson's window and he comes running out.

"Who the hell throw that at my window, come out now", He screams. He can't see me because I am hiding behind the bush like a rabbit hiding from a fox. But then I came out from behind the bush "Hello Mr Johnson" "Errrm Billy I swear I Promise I’m going to get the money" "You said that a week ago Mr Johnson now your dead".

I pump up my shotgun and splatter Mr Johnson's stomach in. I then go into his house and take loads of his stuff, like his big T.V, his wife, all of his money loads of things. Then I set that MONSTERS house on fire and watched it burn. That was all in a nice days work first I killed 20 men then I kill a drug stealing, no good, doesn’t give money back, creep. All a good days work for me the greatest Hitman in town. Now who's my next assignment? I wonder…
Fri 03/06/05 at 03:28
Regular
"Catch it!"
Sorry for this I will try and make a better story next time,and I will plan it.
Wed 01/06/05 at 23:23
Regular
C®ø§$ Bób wrote:
> So heres a story off the top of my head.

Try planning the story next time. That way it won't start off randomly (where do you run into?) and it might actually go somewhere worthwhile rather than just being an orgy of badly described violence.

> I run in; people on both sides shooting me madly, like a pack of wild
> wolves.

Shooting you madly. Right. Then surely you are dead and this story need not go on?

> I jump through the air and throw a grenade. Then I roll to the
> floor and escape to another room. I hear the explosion. I watch the
> people fly.

Not as appalling as the rest of the story, but where's the detail? "I hear the explosion. I watch the people fly"? It's a bloody explosion! Make it exciting! I dunno, something along the lines of, 'I pause for one unbearably long moment before the grenede's deafening thunder almost forces my heart to leap out of my mouth. As I gaze for what seems to be an eternity at the countless bodies helplessly thrown like water out of a fountain, I can sense the bitter taste of fear being replaced with the significantly more bearable taste of vomit. There's no bailing yet, though. It's not over.' That wasn't exactly a perfect example, but can you see what I am getting at?

> The first person fly’s up into the air, spinning
> uncontrollably.

Learn how to spell. According to that sentence, the first person fly has something in the air that is spinning. Hmm...

> I run downstairs there’s so much silence you could even hear a pin
> drop.

A little cliched maybe, but okay fair enough. How about, 'The silence was so intense I could hear my heart beating like a drum. I could sense it trying so desperately to burst its way out of my ribcage, but I wouldn't allow it. I had to push on.'?

Keep trying though Bob, even though I am a bit of a git sometimes :-)
Wed 01/06/05 at 21:37
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Memorandum! wrote:
> Cheers Row-Jay.

np! Memorandumb

Ah, good times. Who was it anyway, Col?
Wed 01/06/05 at 21:35
Regular
"Selected"
I liked it.

I like the way things always get "blown in". Instead of somebody having their head/brain/arms/genitals blown off, they're always blown in.

I like the drug-dealing hitman too.
Wed 01/06/05 at 21:34
Regular
"bot"
Cheers Row-Jay.
Wed 01/06/05 at 20:54
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Memorandum! wrote:
> arg, get some quotation marks in there, Ro-J

O-k
Wed 01/06/05 at 20:52
Regular
Memorandum! wrote:
> why are 99% of crossbob's stories written in first-person?

He's trying hard to hide his secret identity, and, naturally, he's not too good at it.
Wed 01/06/05 at 20:51
Regular
It's like he's played a videogame and just wrote down what happened in the form of a crap story.

Surprised you didn't write "I pressed X to jump and Triangle to throw a grenade" and "I tilted the Analogue Stick gently and slowly crept forward"
Wed 01/06/05 at 20:49
Regular
"bot"
why are 99% of crossbob's stories written in first-person?
Wed 01/06/05 at 20:48
Regular
"bot"
arg, get some quotation marks in there, Ro-J

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.