GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gfx card problem"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/05/05 at 12:40
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I've a Gainward 6800Gt golden sample. It's just under a year old now, and I've got a really irritating problem.

The fan speed is dymanic or static. On dynamic, it changes depending on the amount of cooling required. At 100percent in 3d games, it clicks like the fan is catching on something. really load, and really irritating. If I run it at static, I can run at 99% without a problem. Still, this only occurs when the experttool program is loaded, so on windows startup, it's running at full belt.

Anyone any clues on cleaning / replacement of the fans?
Tue 31/05/05 at 15:57
Regular
No idea what performance is like with NVIDIA cards as they already have a dual fan don't they?

Was better than then standard ATI one for me.
Tue 31/05/05 at 16:04
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Suicide Soldier wrote:
> No idea what performance is like with NVIDIA cards as they already
> have a dual fan don't they?
>
> Was better than then standard ATI one for me.

I think it's luck of the draw to be honest what type of experience you'll have with it. A lot of people say it fits straight in without a problem, others say they had to file down parts. I think it's zalman for me, as it looks pretty easy to fit, and since I've got an exhaust blower (working) already the quiet running is the factor swinging me.

Still. I'm unhappy that I'm having to go third party cooler after less than a year. The warranty will be voided, although I'm pretty sure that's just a single year only. I doubt Gainward (oh great. "Gainward (UK) Limited is now in liquidation.") would replace a card that isn't (yet) faulty.
Tue 31/05/05 at 16:33
Regular
"Touched!"
Gainward never went into liquidation..it was confused with another company, they are still selling cards.
Wed 01/06/05 at 11:59
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
That noise will be irrepairable worn out bearings on the fan, my North bridge fan started doing exactly the same thing you described. If you RMA it, all you will get is another years worth of use out of it as they will wear out again.

The Arctic coolers boast ceramic bearings with an absurdly long lifetime, Im sure they nail the Zalman when it comes to ease of fitting, mine was fitted in about 10 mins. They are also very very quiet. I just don't like the very clumsy oversized Zalman designs.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.