GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"East or West"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/05/05 at 12:00
Regular
"FreeFree"
Hi all, I really appreciate participating in your forum and will start my posting with new information , I also would like to have your comments on the declared phenomenon:

As a result of war on terrorism Islam becomes the fastest-growing religion in America and in the world although religion is no longer dominates everyday life in Western society.
Millions of people read Koran (Quran) in the Internet and visited Islamic sites.

Islam Attracts Converts by the Thousand, Drawn Before and After Attacks
By JODI WILGOREN Source: The New York Times: October 22, 2001, Monday

"Islam is the fastest-growing religion in America, a guide and pillar of stability for many of our people..." Hillary Rodman Clinton, Los Angeles Times, May 31, 1996, p.3

Famous people are affected too:

Singer "Cat Stevens" Oh, baby, baby it's a wild world
Hear his story as told him

w english.islamway com /bindex.
w.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf
The fact now Americans and Western are converting by thousands to Islam (in US a rate of 100,000 a year), I don't think most of it is in the prisons like Mohammad Ali, but there is a great amount of conversion to Islam in American prisons and outside.
Sat 04/06/05 at 12:53
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Spirituality free of religious dogma and side-taking is the way forward. Krishnamurti's Freedom From The Known explains why.
Sat 04/06/05 at 12:51
Regular
i see the point of this now, Word count increaser tut tut
Sat 04/06/05 at 12:40
Regular
"FreeFree"
lcarus

I don't outbid on Islam. Islam a brilliant religion by itself and doesn't need any preaching or missionary work or me. I believe west media has intentionally ravaged the picture and reputation of Islam.

I really don’t like misunderstanding of my intentions in this post .It is not an assault on Christianity or any other religion. It is indispensable for me to look for the truth and study comparative religion because if I would like to know whether a religion is true or false, I should not depend on my emotions, feelings, or traditions. Rather, I should depend on my reason and intellect.

Padraic

Most Islamic societies aren't theocratic. I find it interesting that the three largest Islamic countries have had women heads of state (Indonesia, Pakistan, Bangladesh), while the same can't be said of the three largest Christian countries.

Women in Christianity and Islam (see the difference):
http://www.jamiat.org.za/isinfo/wchristian.html

This is a very great site which explains all reasons (philosophical, social, economical and etc.) of Hijab. To some it maybe a different view.
http://www.sunnipath.com/resources/Questions/qa00000513.aspx

The so-called freedom of western women and child

http://magickalmusings.net/motherhood/abuse.php
Sat 04/06/05 at 10:03
Jews get a mention. woohoo
Sat 04/06/05 at 10:01
Regular
lcarus wrote:
> Who said there were only 2 religions?

she only talks about 2 religions, well from what i could be bothered to read
Sat 04/06/05 at 10:00
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
sarah2 wrote:
> They don't get hit on. No one gawks
> at their bodies. They are clearly off limits sexually and many that I
> personally know say it is liberating not to have to conform to western
> standards of sexy dress, makeup and spending so much time and money on
> appearance. You buy a five-dollar hijab, put your hair in a ponytail
> and cover, wear long skirt and a tunic shirt -you're set.

Wow, I bet that's a great life
Sat 04/06/05 at 10:00
Who said there were only 2 religions?
Sat 04/06/05 at 09:57
Regular
there's only two religions now is there?

life is no longer ruled by religion as it was 40-60 years ago and before. Time moves on and society is now a multi-religion society.
Sat 04/06/05 at 09:55
Cong_Man wrote:
> Are you on commission for getting people to convert to Islam or
> something?
>

I think the below post answers your question.

It must be some sort of balance thing going on - we've had a couple of Catholic zealots on here, best we have some for the other sides now.
Sat 04/06/05 at 09:50
Regular
"FreeFree"
I think that Islam has been made to appear a greater threat than it really is, and is therefore becoming a greater threat than it need be in Western societies, for reasons which have nothing to do with religion - all of this murderous controversy has come about over the last thirty years or so as a result of the antagonism created, not by Islam on its own, but by the tension between Islamic nations and colonial expansion by Jewish and Christian entities acting in the Middle East. Whether or not the European and American culture may be considered a Christian culture - many would disagree - it remains true that the people of Europe are required to obey the laws of the country they live in - whether they are of that nationality or not. This is not, and should not be, negotiable. On that condition, everyone has the right to practice their religion freely. But it becomes wearying to note the current, constant, media-propagated marginalization, not to say demonisation, of Muslims, who, as if by chance, also happen to be the proprietors of the lands and the wealth which the West presently covets. It requires no great stretch of the imagination to understand why Muslims might be angry with the West at the moment. They could easily find faults with "Christianity" in their turn, since so many Christians are acting in total contradiction to Christian principles. But the true problem has nothing to do with religion. Public opinion is being quite deliberately stirred up for political motives - Hitler did the same. Saying this does not imply defense of religious creed, however - neither one nor the other.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.