GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"East or West"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/05/05 at 12:00
Regular
"FreeFree"
Hi all, I really appreciate participating in your forum and will start my posting with new information , I also would like to have your comments on the declared phenomenon:

As a result of war on terrorism Islam becomes the fastest-growing religion in America and in the world although religion is no longer dominates everyday life in Western society.
Millions of people read Koran (Quran) in the Internet and visited Islamic sites.

Islam Attracts Converts by the Thousand, Drawn Before and After Attacks
By JODI WILGOREN Source: The New York Times: October 22, 2001, Monday

"Islam is the fastest-growing religion in America, a guide and pillar of stability for many of our people..." Hillary Rodman Clinton, Los Angeles Times, May 31, 1996, p.3

Famous people are affected too:

Singer "Cat Stevens" Oh, baby, baby it's a wild world
Hear his story as told him

w english.islamway com /bindex.
w.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf
The fact now Americans and Western are converting by thousands to Islam (in US a rate of 100,000 a year), I don't think most of it is in the prisons like Mohammad Ali, but there is a great amount of conversion to Islam in American prisons and outside.
Tue 31/05/05 at 12:00
Regular
"FreeFree"
Hi all, I really appreciate participating in your forum and will start my posting with new information , I also would like to have your comments on the declared phenomenon:

As a result of war on terrorism Islam becomes the fastest-growing religion in America and in the world although religion is no longer dominates everyday life in Western society.
Millions of people read Koran (Quran) in the Internet and visited Islamic sites.

Islam Attracts Converts by the Thousand, Drawn Before and After Attacks
By JODI WILGOREN Source: The New York Times: October 22, 2001, Monday

"Islam is the fastest-growing religion in America, a guide and pillar of stability for many of our people..." Hillary Rodman Clinton, Los Angeles Times, May 31, 1996, p.3

Famous people are affected too:

Singer "Cat Stevens" Oh, baby, baby it's a wild world
Hear his story as told him

w english.islamway com /bindex.
w.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf
The fact now Americans and Western are converting by thousands to Islam (in US a rate of 100,000 a year), I don't think most of it is in the prisons like Mohammad Ali, but there is a great amount of conversion to Islam in American prisons and outside.
Tue 31/05/05 at 12:01
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Sarah's a Jewish name.
Tue 31/05/05 at 12:03
"period drama"
Right.
Er ... yeah.

*wanders off*
Tue 31/05/05 at 12:07
Regular
"not dead"
I didn't really care until we lost Cat Stevens, then I went and joined him.

I'd do anything Cat said. Please Cat, tell me to kill again.
Tue 31/05/05 at 12:10
Regular
"..."
*Reads*

*Shrugs*
Tue 31/05/05 at 12:12
Regular
Well if 100,000 Americans say yes.........
Wed 01/06/05 at 09:03
Regular
"FreeFree"
From what I've heard from different friends of mine who have converted to Islam, there are a few main reasons for most conversions.

1. Islam is a religious lifestyle, not just a quick Sunday morning church visit and a label. Although some Christians do pray before each meal and spend much time with their Bible, etc.many don't in the USA. Islam is something that can't be shunted into a few spare hours. You pray five times a day. Your dress code is affected; even your food choices are explained in the Qur'an. Many converts like it because they feel actively involved and as if they are truly religious.

2. For women, it is a big and welcome change from the "in your face" sexuality of western culture. Women are not required by the Qur'an to veil. They are required to dress modestly and it is *recommended* that they cover their hair. However, most do veil and some go farther with niquab (the face screen) or other traditional clothes. Women dressed like this consider themselves marked as religious women, not easy dates. They don't get hit on. No one gawks at their bodies. They are clearly off limits sexually and many that I personally know say it is liberating not to have to conform to western standards of sexy dress, makeup and spending so much time and money on appearance. You buy a five-dollar hijab, put your hair in a ponytail and cover, wear long skirt and a tunic shirt -you're set.

3. Islam is also growing because many people are not satisfied with Christianity. They feel it is too liberal, too fluid and changes for the culture. Islam on the other hand is more rigid and does not as a whole allow much for modern changes and the whims of society. Many like it because they feel other religions have loose standards.

That's what I got from the new Muslimah's group at Yahoo, Islamway women's board and a few other friends of mine. Stats taken by many college groups say that women convert 4 times more often then men.
Wed 01/06/05 at 09:07
Regular
"..."
Are you on commission for getting people to convert to Islam or something?

People don't like religion being shoved in their face, so please stop it.
Sat 04/06/05 at 09:50
Regular
"FreeFree"
I think that Islam has been made to appear a greater threat than it really is, and is therefore becoming a greater threat than it need be in Western societies, for reasons which have nothing to do with religion - all of this murderous controversy has come about over the last thirty years or so as a result of the antagonism created, not by Islam on its own, but by the tension between Islamic nations and colonial expansion by Jewish and Christian entities acting in the Middle East. Whether or not the European and American culture may be considered a Christian culture - many would disagree - it remains true that the people of Europe are required to obey the laws of the country they live in - whether they are of that nationality or not. This is not, and should not be, negotiable. On that condition, everyone has the right to practice their religion freely. But it becomes wearying to note the current, constant, media-propagated marginalization, not to say demonisation, of Muslims, who, as if by chance, also happen to be the proprietors of the lands and the wealth which the West presently covets. It requires no great stretch of the imagination to understand why Muslims might be angry with the West at the moment. They could easily find faults with "Christianity" in their turn, since so many Christians are acting in total contradiction to Christian principles. But the true problem has nothing to do with religion. Public opinion is being quite deliberately stirred up for political motives - Hitler did the same. Saying this does not imply defense of religious creed, however - neither one nor the other.
Sat 04/06/05 at 09:55
Cong_Man wrote:
> Are you on commission for getting people to convert to Islam or
> something?
>

I think the below post answers your question.

It must be some sort of balance thing going on - we've had a couple of Catholic zealots on here, best we have some for the other sides now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.