GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"error"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Mon 01/11/04 at 16:34
Regular
"We are not alone!!!"
some times gta San Andreas comes up with a notice saying error reading disc and the music/sounds reapeat and then a min or so later it goes back to normal and quite alot my PS2 makes a funny noise like its scratching the disc (but it isn't) does anyone else have this problem, if so can you help me thanks

also i thought it might be because that the lens or something technical is dusty, if so how do i clean it?

thanks again!!
Mon 01/11/04 at 18:18
Regular
Edward, it's got nothing to do with cheating. It's a hardware fault with the PS2 itself.

Is it still in warranty? If so, arrange to get it repaired/replaced for free. If not, you're going to have to either stick with it until it dies completely or just buy a new PS2.
Mon 01/11/04 at 19:17
Regular
"We are not alone!!!"
ßulle†† wrote:
> It's a hardware fault with the PS2 itself.

i've just played gta vice city for 1/2 an hour and i've played everything or nothing for a while and there weren't any problems!!

i think it is a faulty disc so i will ask Special Reserve to replace it for me
Mon 01/11/04 at 19:25
Regular
It isnt a faulty disk.
Its a hardware problem like Bullet said, you can do a 'Home Repair' (Repair it yourself) and if its still under warranty send it back to sony and get a replacement, if it is not under warranty you pay £60 for a replacement off sony.
Dont replace the disk, it wont help at ALL!
Mon 01/11/04 at 19:49
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Edward wrote:
> is it because i cheated?

Nope, I've been cheating from the start and I've never had any problems. It does sound like the Disc Read Error bug. My PS2 started doing that last week, and it wouldn't play certain DVD's either. In the end I just part exchanged it for the new slim PS2. But before you do anything like that, buy a lense cleaning disc, and some wipes to clean up your discs.
Wed 03/11/04 at 20:16
Regular
"We are not alone!!!"
Lou Role wrote:
> buy a lense cleaning disc, and
> some wipes to clean up your discs.

I was wondering where to get a lense cleaning disc from please can you tell me?

how did you get it swapped for a slim PS2?
Wed 03/11/04 at 20:21
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Edward wrote:
> I was wondering where to get a lense cleaning disc from please can
> you tell me?

Anywhere that sells PC's really, SR may even sell them, but I'm not sure.

> how did you get it swapped for a slim PS2?

I went to Gamestation and part exchanged it. Got £45 for my old PS2, and then jusy paid the extra £55 in cash. Simple really.

:)
Wed 03/11/04 at 20:28
Regular
"We are not alone!!!"
ok thanks for the help!!!

what would you say is the best cleaning product out there?
Wed 03/11/04 at 20:39
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I don't know what the best product is to be honest, whatever's cheapest I guess.

:)
Wed 03/11/04 at 20:40
Regular
"We are not alone!!!"
ok thanks anyway
Wed 03/11/04 at 23:00
Regular
"Balls"
Lou Role wrote:
>
> how did you get it swapped for a slim PS2?
>
> I went to Gamestation and part exchanged it. Got £45 for my
> old PS2, and then jusy paid the extra £55 in cash. Simple
> really.
>
> :)

Did you give them any games with that? If not then thats a great deal. I might even do that myself, depending on how much i get this month.

Will all Gamestations give the same amount?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.