GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The future of Gaming will be decided by Games!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/05/01 at 00:53
Regular
ASk yourself one question before going on;

Would you rather play Metal Gear Solid Two or Mario 128??

These will undoubtedly be the biggest games on the PS2 and GC within the near future and I do really think that people should buy their next console dependent upon the answer of that single question. The reason being that most of the good games will be in a similar vin to these two on each console. On the PS2 we will have Silent Hill two and Devil May Cry, on the Gamecube Star Fox adventure and Donkey Kong Racing. That is the way the consoles are going. The reason Nintendo can put the Xbox out of the market is because they are aiming at a different market, the reason the PS2 will beat the Xbox, is that it already has the market which the Xbox wants!!

So if you haven't already answered the question, take another look, MGS2 or Mario. Ignore all the disussions about hardware, the specs are set in stone and cannot be changed now, the games will decide the fate of these two superpowers.

If you have answered the question post your answer and say why you feel that you would prefer one to the other and lets end this big fight once and for all. It will more than likely be evident that the Games industry has grown to a size which cansupport two major platforms, two niche markets. The cuddly cartoon world of Nintendo and the Dark fantasies on the PS2, thats basically it, which do YOU prefer, A or B, Black or White??

Stop the bickering and understand, if you want different things, you can work together to get different things!!
Thu 31/05/01 at 16:59
Regular
"Excommunicated"
MJswerve wrote:
> Mwwwaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha the Games Guru has returned in a far more
> normal intellectual form. It is safe to talk to me now. I mean I
> wont bite.............hard. Only joking. I am only here to share my
> views on all thing s to do with Gaming.

Are you female?

I remember a Gaming Guru!
Thu 31/05/01 at 15:53
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
SAMECUBE.

Hehehe.
Thu 31/05/01 at 15:38
"High polygon count"
MJswerve wrote:
> It isn't because I called it the Greystatio is it.
> Coz that is hardly childish.

Yes, it is childish.

Never mind, I'm sure you'll enjoy your LAMECUBE.
Thu 31/05/01 at 15:23
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
At least Bewarethetoadsoffate understands me I am not here to annoy everyone, and what do you mean I dont know how to use punctuation. Cheatguru is scum and I can not believe anyone could mistake me for him. I am insulted so I am going to withold my gaming knowledge from you.
Thu 31/05/01 at 14:20
How are you? wrote:
> Gameguru was the fool who annoyed everyone. He still hasnt learnt to
> use punctuation i see.

That was cheatguru
Thu 31/05/01 at 14:09
Regular
What do you think of the game over screen coming up on your stint in these forums???
Thu 31/05/01 at 13:37
Regular
Mwwwaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha the Games Guru has returned in a far more normal intellectual form. It is safe to talk to me now. I mean I wont bite.............hard. Only joking. I am only here to share my views on all thing s to do with Gaming.
Thu 31/05/01 at 13:34
Regular
What are you on about why does me completing Metal Gear solid on my mates playstation make Nintendo a kids company. It isn't because I called it the Greystatio is it. Coz that is hardly childish.
Thu 31/05/01 at 13:31
Regular
Nice to see some of you rmember me. Does any1 know what forums SNIPER posts in most often as I need to talk to him. What about? No-one needs to know until the time is right.
Thu 31/05/01 at 12:05
Regular
Right, I was picked up for mentioning a mario 128, yes you know it's true, Mario games are the cornerstone of any nintendo console, so don't start. Secondly, the majority of games for the Gamecube are cartoony games and not your darker type, thats why people who want your darker type will buy it and people who don't wont, so why would publishers, knowing only too well this is the case, release a barrel load of them, they wont!!

These consoles are aimed at two different niches in the market, if you can't see that then you aren;t understanding why Nintendo and Sony aren't attacking each other but Microsoft, because they both feel that MS want a piece of their market!! Nothing to do with hardware but the type of people buying the games and the type of games they are buying.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.