GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The future of Gaming will be decided by Games!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/05/01 at 00:53
Regular
ASk yourself one question before going on;

Would you rather play Metal Gear Solid Two or Mario 128??

These will undoubtedly be the biggest games on the PS2 and GC within the near future and I do really think that people should buy their next console dependent upon the answer of that single question. The reason being that most of the good games will be in a similar vin to these two on each console. On the PS2 we will have Silent Hill two and Devil May Cry, on the Gamecube Star Fox adventure and Donkey Kong Racing. That is the way the consoles are going. The reason Nintendo can put the Xbox out of the market is because they are aiming at a different market, the reason the PS2 will beat the Xbox, is that it already has the market which the Xbox wants!!

So if you haven't already answered the question, take another look, MGS2 or Mario. Ignore all the disussions about hardware, the specs are set in stone and cannot be changed now, the games will decide the fate of these two superpowers.

If you have answered the question post your answer and say why you feel that you would prefer one to the other and lets end this big fight once and for all. It will more than likely be evident that the Games industry has grown to a size which cansupport two major platforms, two niche markets. The cuddly cartoon world of Nintendo and the Dark fantasies on the PS2, thats basically it, which do YOU prefer, A or B, Black or White??

Stop the bickering and understand, if you want different things, you can work together to get different things!!
Thu 31/05/01 at 00:53
Regular
ASk yourself one question before going on;

Would you rather play Metal Gear Solid Two or Mario 128??

These will undoubtedly be the biggest games on the PS2 and GC within the near future and I do really think that people should buy their next console dependent upon the answer of that single question. The reason being that most of the good games will be in a similar vin to these two on each console. On the PS2 we will have Silent Hill two and Devil May Cry, on the Gamecube Star Fox adventure and Donkey Kong Racing. That is the way the consoles are going. The reason Nintendo can put the Xbox out of the market is because they are aiming at a different market, the reason the PS2 will beat the Xbox, is that it already has the market which the Xbox wants!!

So if you haven't already answered the question, take another look, MGS2 or Mario. Ignore all the disussions about hardware, the specs are set in stone and cannot be changed now, the games will decide the fate of these two superpowers.

If you have answered the question post your answer and say why you feel that you would prefer one to the other and lets end this big fight once and for all. It will more than likely be evident that the Games industry has grown to a size which cansupport two major platforms, two niche markets. The cuddly cartoon world of Nintendo and the Dark fantasies on the PS2, thats basically it, which do YOU prefer, A or B, Black or White??

Stop the bickering and understand, if you want different things, you can work together to get different things!!
Thu 31/05/01 at 00:57
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
a) MGS2

b) GAD GAD GAD GAD!

c) I don't really care. I don't think a lot of people care. It doesn't matter what you buy, it a GAMES CONSOLE, for god's sake. It plays good games, DONE AND DUSTED!

d) Saying "Black or White" is very dodgy these days. Get yourself a good lawer. Quickly.
Thu 31/05/01 at 00:58
Regular
I don't think they'll mind, because mine isn't flawed.
Thu 31/05/01 at 01:52
Or I Could just foil this discussion and get both(shock horror)
Thu 31/05/01 at 02:21
you could do that

thats what i'm doing
Thu 31/05/01 at 09:57
Regular
Doesn't really foil the discussion, it just shows you do not have a clear cut preference, not that there's anything wrong with that.
Thu 31/05/01 at 10:29
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I am going to buy both, but if I had to choose I would go with Sony.
Thu 31/05/01 at 10:36
Regular
"not dead"
But what about the games like Eternal Darkess and Too Human that are coming out on the Gamecube?

As Eternal Darkness will be available for, or shortly after launch, it will make other developers see that the Gamecube IS a viable platform for the 'darker' games aimed at older players.

So to say that it's about whether you prefer Mario 128 or MGS2 may not be an accurate comparison as to which games each console will get.

You are right about one thing though, it does come down to games.

So far I have decided that I'd like a Gamecube. I find Mario games fun, but I also like the look of Eternal Darkness and RavenBlade.

But each to his own, that's what I say.
Thu 31/05/01 at 11:14
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
You make a good point Meka-Dragon. Eternal Darkness is going to be one of the most adult titles around when it si released and is giong to make Silent Hill 2 look more like Banjo Kazooie than a horror game(no disrespect RAre). Do you rmember the Games Guru Meka-Dragon as thats me. Have you seen the Gamecube footage on Nintendos E3 site. It blew me away and from what I saw the PS2 has no chance of competing with it even with games like MG2 and Shadowman 2 both games I would love to get my grubby mits on as I have totally completed Shadowman on the N64 and I have completed Mgs on my mates Greystation. Gamecube is going to take over the world unless Bill Gates can get some companies who make the games that everyone likes behind them. Oh yeah does anyone else think that Squaresoft and Nintendo should put their differences behind them and get a final fantasy game on the GC, but Sony can keep the pathetic Bouncer. Less than an hour is easy to achieve completing that pathetic game
Thu 31/05/01 at 11:17
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
How can you put Mario 128 up 4 comparison it isn't even a real game it was just a demo to show the power of the Gamecube. Thats what that bar at the bottom of the video is 4(to show how much processing power is being used). Luigis Haunted Mansion is the only release game to be starring on of the Bros.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.