GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mirrors"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/05/05 at 16:26
Regular
"That's right!"
You know, I came in from work today miserable when I should've been high as a kite.

It's Friday, I'm off work until next Wednesday (thank you, Queen's birthday) and I just spent the day sitting opposite two gorgeous blondes, making them laugh. The reason why I came in miserable? The two gorgeous blondes.

Well, not so much them, more like looking in the mirror in the toilets and realising that I couldn't get them if I were the last man alive (and I don't have enough time or bullets to make that happen)

I'm not hideous, more... unusual. Still ugly, though, but ugly, not circus ugly. I can talk to stunning girls without being intimidated (if they're friendly enough) and I can make them laugh all day long, but that's as far as it goes.

In day to day life I rely on my wit (what's left of it) but I'm too ugly to pull. In a club they can't see how ugly I am but also can't hear a word I'm saying and all my best jokes are lost in the sea of bad music. It's a no win situation...

It's frustrating to think that, if I were good looking, I wouldn't even need to make as much effort as I do now and I'd be beating them off with a stick. Being "the man" 24/7 around girls and always ending up as a friend can only happen so many times before you start to lose the will to live (around 6 times by my count, and I'm on about 12)

I see what passes for good looking lads with all the intellect of a freshly boiled egg with stunners, and what makes it even worse is when those stunners have great personalities as well.

I could handle it if the good looking stupid people ended up with other good looking stupid people, but EVERY girl I'm attracted to is also either really canny or really funny, the looks are just a bonus (I ignore total b*tches, they're not worth the hassle) But they all run off with morons who treat them badly. It's such a cliché, being the male friend who secretly likes them, and it's what I try to avoid every time I meet a new girl "Don't end up a friend, don't end up a friend, don't end up a- Oh crap, it happened again"

Sometimes I think it'd be better if they hated me and said "Leave me alone, you weirdo". I don't do anything differently to the other lads, but because I have a face like the backside of a bus they're just not interested and consider me a friend, or just some random lad they talk to.

When I'm on top form I have girls practically wetting themselves with laughter, when they're feeling down I listen to their problems and give advice, but at the end of the day it's always "OK thanks... now where's that idiot who treats me badly, I'll give him another chance" Bah.

So I suggest we smash every mirror on the planet, wreck every reflective surface, take away beauty products, put everyone back to square one (though let the lasses shave/wax, that's still important, I'm a risky fellow but I don't like bristle) Take away the metrosexual's tools and they'll just be normal lads, leave it to personality to get the girls, and let us ugly blokes have a chance.

OK, rant over. I'm off to listen to some emo music and write in my diary about how unfair life is... or maybe I'll just stick my X-Box on.
Fri 27/05/05 at 20:49
"period drama"
I've got the opposite problem - I'm a hunk and a chunk with the personality of deep-fried walrus blubber.
Fri 27/05/05 at 20:48
Regular
Personally I found the rohypnol method quite successful.

The "wrench to the back of the head" method - as such is the snappy title which I've given it - I find is equally useful
Fri 27/05/05 at 20:47
Regular
Exactly, whereas your face will be fresh to your friends.
Fri 27/05/05 at 20:45
Regular
Asher wrote:
> The thing is, everyone hates the way they look in the mirror.

True.

Because it's you and you have to look at that face every day, you're bound to be over critical of yourself.
Fri 27/05/05 at 20:44
Regular
I used to have the same kind of trouble, always ending up the friend. Then I realised that there really is a lot of truth in the 'treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen' saying. Ignore them and you'll stand more chance of getting in their pants at the end of the day.

Not all girls go for these type of tactics, but I've found they they generally work better than acting all friendly and caring.
Fri 27/05/05 at 20:32
Regular
The thing is, everyone hates the way they look in the mirror. I bet you could switch places with one of those stunning blonde girls and they probably look in the mirror and sometimes feel as down as you do. The best thing to do is just glance into the mirror with a striking pose to make you feel sexy, pluck up your confidence and just go for it man.
Fri 27/05/05 at 20:30
Regular
SHEEPY wrote:
> I always find that mirros where there is bright light makes everyone
> look awful.

A really bright light above a mirror makes you look like a barbie doll.
Fri 27/05/05 at 20:17
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Act like you know full well they want to jump into bed with you, and that it's just a matter of time. Act like you *are* fighting them off with a stick.
Fri 27/05/05 at 20:08
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Look on the bright side, men get more attractive as they get older, women just get older.
Fri 27/05/05 at 19:32
Regular
"That's right!"
"Don't end up a friend, don't end up a friend, don't end up a- Oh crap, it happened again"

What can we do? Go up and slap them in the face? That's a good way to make sure we don't end up friends.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.