GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mirrors"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/05/05 at 16:26
Regular
"That's right!"
You know, I came in from work today miserable when I should've been high as a kite.

It's Friday, I'm off work until next Wednesday (thank you, Queen's birthday) and I just spent the day sitting opposite two gorgeous blondes, making them laugh. The reason why I came in miserable? The two gorgeous blondes.

Well, not so much them, more like looking in the mirror in the toilets and realising that I couldn't get them if I were the last man alive (and I don't have enough time or bullets to make that happen)

I'm not hideous, more... unusual. Still ugly, though, but ugly, not circus ugly. I can talk to stunning girls without being intimidated (if they're friendly enough) and I can make them laugh all day long, but that's as far as it goes.

In day to day life I rely on my wit (what's left of it) but I'm too ugly to pull. In a club they can't see how ugly I am but also can't hear a word I'm saying and all my best jokes are lost in the sea of bad music. It's a no win situation...

It's frustrating to think that, if I were good looking, I wouldn't even need to make as much effort as I do now and I'd be beating them off with a stick. Being "the man" 24/7 around girls and always ending up as a friend can only happen so many times before you start to lose the will to live (around 6 times by my count, and I'm on about 12)

I see what passes for good looking lads with all the intellect of a freshly boiled egg with stunners, and what makes it even worse is when those stunners have great personalities as well.

I could handle it if the good looking stupid people ended up with other good looking stupid people, but EVERY girl I'm attracted to is also either really canny or really funny, the looks are just a bonus (I ignore total b*tches, they're not worth the hassle) But they all run off with morons who treat them badly. It's such a cliché, being the male friend who secretly likes them, and it's what I try to avoid every time I meet a new girl "Don't end up a friend, don't end up a friend, don't end up a- Oh crap, it happened again"

Sometimes I think it'd be better if they hated me and said "Leave me alone, you weirdo". I don't do anything differently to the other lads, but because I have a face like the backside of a bus they're just not interested and consider me a friend, or just some random lad they talk to.

When I'm on top form I have girls practically wetting themselves with laughter, when they're feeling down I listen to their problems and give advice, but at the end of the day it's always "OK thanks... now where's that idiot who treats me badly, I'll give him another chance" Bah.

So I suggest we smash every mirror on the planet, wreck every reflective surface, take away beauty products, put everyone back to square one (though let the lasses shave/wax, that's still important, I'm a risky fellow but I don't like bristle) Take away the metrosexual's tools and they'll just be normal lads, leave it to personality to get the girls, and let us ugly blokes have a chance.

OK, rant over. I'm off to listen to some emo music and write in my diary about how unfair life is... or maybe I'll just stick my X-Box on.
Sat 28/05/05 at 10:48
I see. In that case, blog away.
Sat 28/05/05 at 10:36
Regular
"That's right!"
"But then again, how would you know?"

Because I went to school with loads of lads who are like that, that's why. And I see them every day at work.

I'm the one girls come to when they're complaining about their boyfriends. If I don't know the guy, fair enough, but more often than not I do, and I've usually disliked them before they started going out with my friend.
Sat 28/05/05 at 10:16
Regular
"8==="
I always knew zeta jones was a bloke.
Sat 28/05/05 at 09:41
Regular
"Pwned. =)"
You'll be fine, think how many bad looking guys go out with decent girls, micheal douglass, catherine zeta jones, and dont worry looks fade dfor everyone so itll be perasonality in the end.
Sat 28/05/05 at 08:06
It's a common misconception that a good looking guy going out with a lass you like has a rubbish perosnality. But then again, how would you know? You're not the one being chatted up. Just an element of short term jealousy.

Lawrence wrote:
>
> Then it clicked.
>
> *weeps*
>
> This heat is getting to me. Oh christ I'm so British.

Nope, it really is just the stupidity.
Sat 28/05/05 at 07:46
Regular
"8==="
Stop worrying and get on with what you want to do - it all falls into place.
Fri 27/05/05 at 21:43
"period drama"
Yeah, the 'hey, I'm the best on an internet chat room' line works wonders with the ladies.
Fri 27/05/05 at 21:40
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> I've got the opposite problem - I'm a hunk and a chunk with the
> personality of deep-fried walrus blubber.

Yes... but you're a Notable with the personality of deep-fried walrus blubber. That counts for something. Works for me anyway, ever since my name went the colour of urine I've been fending them off.
Fri 27/05/05 at 21:03
"period drama"
Argh, those bloody façades again.

Don't touch my façade, please. There's nothing undernearth but a hollow space, weeping for a heart to fill.
Fri 27/05/05 at 21:02
Regular
"The Red Shift"
The mirror shows only a facade. And only a facade which you see and no-one else. For there is no-one that knows inside you, because they meet the facade every day. A mirror leads to a dilusional world of vanity or self pity. There is no middle earth.

I try to look on the plus side and say I have deep brown eyes and stuff. But really I'm in the same boat as you m_m.

I'm by no means pug fugly though. I mean, guh. They're hideous.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.