GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Where is a good place to host a web page?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/05/05 at 15:38
Regular
"lets go back"
At the moment Ive got two (fairly rubish) websites hosted at i)blueyonder and ii) my university network. I thought it was about time I gave them some spit and polish and made them look a bit more classy. One way of me doing this is to get a proper .co.uk domain name rather than one of those rubbish "username.randomwords.webhost.net" style ones I currently have. Also the free web hosting usually limits the storage space.

Any suggestions as to where I should buy and host my domain name? And any features or anything I should look for (I'm not exactly up to date on this)?

Thanks in advance.
Sat 28/05/05 at 12:43
Regular
"Pwned. =)"
google, and other search engines, you fill out some form and it enters you for 50 search engines. or you could fill in
Fri 27/05/05 at 17:47
"Are you sure?"
Coin wrote:
>> Seriously though, offer unlimited cap and there ya go.

Freeola DO offer unlimtited packages (I'm using one) is that what you mean ?
Fri 27/05/05 at 17:00
Regular
"Bicycle"
Freeola wrote:
> Nimco wrote:
> But also Freeola's T&Cs and server setup are fairly
> restrictive...
>
> Depends entirely on what you want to do. Also depends if you are
> using another ISP for broadband at the moment and whether it would be
> worth migrating to Freeola ADSL?!

That's more expensive than BT...

Sounds like a plan.

Seriously though, offer unlimited cap and there ya go.
Fri 27/05/05 at 11:20
Regular
"lets go back"
It wouldnt be worth me switching to Freeola ADSL, Id have to buy an ADSL modem and pay connection fees etc. plus buy a freeview box because I'd no longer have Telewest. It would just be cheaper for me to connect via dial up and have a slightly larger phone bill now and then.
Fri 27/05/05 at 10:22
Regular
Nimco wrote:
> But also Freeola's T&Cs and server setup are fairly restrictive...

Depends entirely on what you want to do. Also depends if you are using another ISP for broadband at the moment and whether it would be worth migrating to Freeola ADSL?!
Fri 27/05/05 at 09:59
Regular
"NULL"
But also Freeola's T&Cs and server setup are fairly restrictive...
Fri 27/05/05 at 08:36
"Are you sure?"
Coin wrote:
> www.2wdh.com
>
> Do it.

I wouldn't. Your sites are hosted in the US, which if your website is UK biased is a bad thing. Speed issues but more importantly if you intend to get a good placement for a UK site on the Search Engines then the US IP address will work against you.

No 'phone support (coming soon...) but then it will be an international number!

Freeola (co.uk) works out at 78p per month...

:P
Fri 27/05/05 at 00:37
Regular
"Bicycle"
www.2wdh.com

Do it.
Thu 26/05/05 at 21:17
Regular
"lets go back"
To answer your questions its for a fairly static site but every now and then I'll be uploading photos which could take a bit of time on dial up. If I just upload at off peak times I'd be fine, however, so I might give Freeola a try.

Thanks for the help.
Thu 26/05/05 at 21:16
Regular
"Bicycle"
www.2wdh.com

About £1 a month.

Great support, great prices... And haven't had any problems with them. (Ample bandwith too, for most sites.)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.