GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Finished school today!!!!!!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/05/05 at 18:16
Regular
"Gaming Man"
I have FINAL finished school today and time to see the business world. Has anyone else JUST finished school?
Thu 26/05/05 at 18:20
Regular
Trust me I've considered it.
Thu 26/05/05 at 12:38
Regular
"bot"
MJ wrote:
> Women Romantic Poets

oh my. I'm surprised you haven't reached for the razor already.
Wed 25/05/05 at 22:49
Regular
I see, sounds about as depressing as what I have had to endure during the year.

Coursework was to be completed on two novels, these had to be based on war. My choices being Catch 22 and Slaughterhouse5, although admittedly I still haven't read the last 200 or so pages of Catch 22 as it hurt me so. Thankfully I managed to come out of that coursework with a B after 2 drafts (2500 words) so I'm reasonably happy with that. I'm usually the annoying git that gets an A with seemingly little effort so I think the other 3 people in my class were happy to see me falter slightly.

Exam number one (it was modular) was about Women Romantic Poets and Volpone (this being a play written around the same time as Shakespeare authored a school child's worse nightmares), I personally hated this with a vengeance and to be honest I'm struggling to remember what I actually was graded like on this exam in particular - I'm predicted an A so hopefully it was respectable.

This second exam is the worst however, Unseen texts in general, being a mixture of prose and poetry about War during the 1900's - so many pansies writing about the trauma they experienced, tarts. It has been a very fun year really, now please excuse myself whilst I cut my wrists.
Wed 25/05/05 at 22:48
Give me an example of some Irish folklore.
Wed 25/05/05 at 22:41
Regular
"bot"
Unseen poetry and The Wife of Bath's Tale.

I thought the unseen poetry would have went shockingly badly, but it went quite well, though reading some of it back again at the end made me think I'd turned into some kind of whimpering sentimental ladyboy.

And yeah, I did coursework on 'Irish short stories'. urgh.
Wed 25/05/05 at 22:35
Regular
Doesn't sound too bad. Was it on War literature? I'm personally never going to be interested in any literature about or inspired by the events during the early 20th/late 19th century due to this bloody course. I'm assuming you've completed a piece of coursework as well on top of the exam?
Wed 25/05/05 at 22:31
Regular
"bot"
I had A2 English Lit yesterday. Northern Ireland exam board though so 'only' 2hrs 30mins. It went pretty well. I reckon I probably need to get about 35% in my other exam on Tuesday to get an A. Go team.
Wed 25/05/05 at 22:25
Regular
Memorandum! wrote:
> and also the same day as my birthday!
> get me something.

I'm assuming a purple dishwashing monkey will be suffice?

So far I've had my Maths C1 test and Photography AS exam, both were nice and laid back to be honest. Got C2 and S1 Maths left, English Lit A2 (3 hours big daddy test) and then 2 IT tests, one being a retake because I was a lazy b*gger earlier on in the year and didn't revise.

p.s How on earth is b*gger a swear word?
Wed 25/05/05 at 22:04
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
Chr1s wrote:

> I need something like 60 marks to get my C and I got 88 in my mock
> exam so hopefully this shouldn't be too much of a problem. I've done
> no revision though.

Think I need 78 marks to get a C and 103 marks to get a B. Considering I went in to my mock with the worst exam attitude ever and got 101 marks. I should pish on it from a great height.
Wed 25/05/05 at 22:02
Regular
"Gaming Man"
Anyway GOOD LUCK 2morrow Chr1s. Hope you pass!!!!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WHO HAS TESTS

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.