GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jesus likes Doom"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/05/05 at 18:07
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Well, he would if one of his butlers wasn't sure he wouldn't
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4534835.stm[/URL]
Tue 24/05/05 at 20:50
Regular
You could have some great bonus levels.

"Stone the wh*re"
"Wash the leppers feet"
Tue 24/05/05 at 20:57
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
There was a feature slashdot.org did on christian games a while back. All basd on the Quake Engine, All involving slaying demons. So, erm, It's ok for Christians to kill them, bit not people playng Doom / Quake?

Hmmmm.
Tue 24/05/05 at 21:05
"Rev Bagley began his mission back in 1996, when investors turned down his first-person Christian shooter, Catechumen."

What!
Tue 24/05/05 at 21:05
Regular
"8==="
There's loads out there:

[URL]http://www.classicgaming.com/rotw/bibleadv.shtml[/URL]

One I found straight away whilst looking for the Doom-based Moses game on the SNES.
Tue 24/05/05 at 21:12
But just the

"first-person Christian shooter"

Whose side is he on?
Tue 24/05/05 at 21:16
Regular
I played some Bible games with some mates once for a laugh.
Craptacular.
Tue 24/05/05 at 21:45
Regular
It's like that Lucy said (see the comments), Final Fantasy is the more sort of game they'd be looking for, kind of teaching the values without the dogma.
Also, it wouldn't be so blatantly full of cheesy BS.

And painting a violent FPS with Christian iconery and a lack of gore doesn't make it any less violent, just gives people different standards on what they're allowed to kill! :-)
Tue 24/05/05 at 22:15
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I was just about to post a link to this..

Anyway interesting. I'd like to play one. I'm sure the games could be used for indoctrination though
Tue 24/05/05 at 22:39
Regular
"8==="
If it turns up on Xbox with online stuff I'll get it.

It'll be hilarious! "I smite thee thy ****ing christian sinner, feel the wrath of my rod of power like you did behind the vestry! Choke on my crucifix of jismness! I shall spank thee good my little bearded child of satan!"
Tue 24/05/05 at 22:43
"period drama"
Christians don't like Final Fantasy either.
Forest Fan had a little rave about it and LOTR - supporting the occult, apparently.

You know - stuff like magic spells bringing people back from the dead - obviously is work of the devil and ... er ... yeah, Jesus.

Good work there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.