GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How many PC games should grace upon the Xbox?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/11/04 at 21:36
Regular
How many PC ports do you think should appear on the Xbox?

More?

Much more?

Less?

Only the good ones?
Wed 03/11/04 at 13:21
Regular
Ye, it's the same with Championship Manager.

On PC, you have the keyboard to access player's quick. On the Xbox, you have to select one letter at a time, which got on my nerves straight away.

Some games that are on the PC are suited to the PC due to hotkeys, keyboard etc...
Wed 03/11/04 at 11:40
Regular
"i missed the show!!"
Ummm... the only X-Box strategy game i can think of was that Aliens vs predator attempt (i say that with a lamentable level of sarcasm). Strategy games work well on PC because of Hotkeys. It simplifies and streamlines the gameplay. Also being able to scroll using the arrow keys/ clicking on the map has it's benefits.
Wed 03/11/04 at 09:15
Regular
The reason I never played Tom Clancy games before Rainbow Six 3 was because I had no intrest in an indepth army simulator.

Anyway, Black Arrow sorted out a lot of the problems with Rainbow Six 3 and was actually pretty enjoyable in single player.
Wed 03/11/04 at 08:20
Regular
The planning in Rainbow Six: Raven Shield is excellent, anything but dull.

If you aren't going to go the whole nine yards with a Rainbow Six console game then why bother? It's like they develop the console version for the less able members of society when really it makes f**k all difference to how fun it is or how much more difficult as you can select between two ready made plans already for each map as well as the ability to download a hell of a lot more.

This idea of console games being more hip and all that sh*t jus**t doesn't wash. The same goes for the Rainbow Six games, by pretty much everyone's own admission the single player for Rainbow Six 3 on the Xbox is gash, in this case why not welcome the better, more in-depth PC version? It doesn't make sense.
Wed 03/11/04 at 00:02
Regular
Rainbow Six 3 single player was impressive back when it first came out for about.....10 minutes. Alcatraz was a good level, the rest was awful.

It was good fun in co-op online though.
Tue 02/11/04 at 23:56
Regular
"gsybe you!"
In terms of single player on RS3, I prefer the planning, seriously.

RS3 on Xbox, single player can kiss my ass.
Tue 02/11/04 at 23:55
Regular
I agree with the Thief III comment.

It's mainly because consoles have a different userbase to people who play PC games, and while I'm not saying you can't like both (I do), I sometimes get the impression a game has been developed 'less hardcore' in order to widen the appeal on the console scene.
Tue 02/11/04 at 23:49
Regular
If they had all that in Rainbow Six, I would never have bought the game.

I really don't have time to sit around planning missions on a computer game, well that and it sounds incredibly dull.

Call me shallow but I prefer to jump into the game and blow crap up, I guess that's why I prefer console games.
Tue 02/11/04 at 22:43
Regular
But the Xbox version jus**t wouldn't cope without major cut backs. The planning sys**tem in Rainbow Six: Raven Shield is absolutely facking huge, the amount of time I have spent doing flawless plans, using tes**t mission and then the automatic video play-back is jus**t ridiculous. The maps are a hell of a lot bigger, a sh*t load more weapons all with more options and the ability to attach/detach scope and put a silencer on all guns etc etc.
Tue 02/11/04 at 22:37
Regular
"Touched!"
I think the main problem when porting a PC game/ series to a console such as the Xbox is that they treat it in the wrong way, they think that everyone who plays an Xbox is dumb so they make it linear. Take Rainbow Six for example, they have totally removed any sort of decent planning system and instead made the levels linear thus lacking replay value. Damn it we want proper PC ports not half assed jobs!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.