GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bernard's Watch"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 23/05/05 at 18:12
"period drama"
Oh. My. Sweetlordjesusgod.
What the hell have they done to you?

Change the best programme in the world? Yeah, good move morons.

I saw the 'amazing new' Bernard's Watch today .... terrible stuff.
I'd like to lay before you the painful facts of the crime against quality television. And then you can scream and make an official complaint to ITV on these corrupted issues!1 Or whatever ...

1) Opening credits - for a start, it's not even the proper fashion-icon Bernard any more. Buh. No more walking through a field, and finding the watch at the end of a rainbow ... oh no ... the watch flies down from heaven and onto the new gimp's pillow.

Yeah, there's no spiffy 'postman' this time - just some kid given a special time-stopping watch for no reason, with no moral contraints on its use. What kind of message is this sending to our children!?

And it's called, simpley, rubbishly, "Bernard"
Like the watch doesn't even matter any more.

2) First few mintues - Bernard (bah, imposter) saves a doggie from getting run over! Good work, son, good work.

Then we see what is apparently the headmaster of his school finishing a little circular school motif on the floor, with the school's name in it, in some wet concrete. No hired help, oh no, and no warning to the pupils of the wet concrete underfoot.

Then, surprise surprise, in strolls Bernard and his new geek friend, and right into the concrete. And then the doggie comes back too.

Only one thing to do ... stop time, there's a good lad.

Now what? Here's where it all goes rubbish:

He's established his hatred for the dog already, so in frozen time, surely just get rid of it somewhere? Oh no, put in ... er ... oh yes, in your bag. Smart move, genius.

And then ... he changes his shoes because of the concrete. Yeah, fair enough. But for some reason, idiot child leaves his shoes by the school bins. Er ... why?

And it gets worse ...

Despite geek friend being frozen before ... he suddenly seems in on the whole gig. And when neo-Bern stops time, he remains unfrozen ... I mean, wtf!1 That's not how it works.

Anyway ... oh, a few shocking school-related problems (I mean, look at this terrible example to out children):

1) There's two teachers in the whole place ... the headteacher-cum-handyman and neo-Bern's teacher (who, as obvious within 2 seconds, is the dog's owner) neither of which are in a classroom for more than 2 minutes at a time ... leaving the class completely unattended for the whole day!1 Education standards must be pitiful.

2) Then ... they completely fail to see any pupil's (5 in total) sudden time-frozen or otherwise dissapearance from the class. And, upon seeing them in the halls, simply walk past with no questions about their aimless wondering.

Excellent work, guys.

More of neo-Bern's moronities:

- Upon being chased by a group of spiteful girls ... he doesn't freeze time? No, he runs like some non-magic-watch aided normal person, the great idiot.

- Aforementioned failure to dispose of dog.

- Unfreezing time when he absense from classes / sudden dissaperances into nowhere would have been noticed right away by all those around. No like proper Bernard, who always got back to where he was before unfreezing time. Sensible lad.

- Not being proper Bernard, nor having his fashion sense, nor his intelligence and time-related morals.

- Gimp.

Sucky, sucky, sucky.
I hope you all complain, for the future of our children.

Bah.
I'm so sad ... in so many ways.
Wed 25/05/05 at 20:01
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Alfonse wrote:
> I'd freeze time and never unfreeze it.

I'd do the same thing, except I would eventually unfreeze it, once I'd worked out a way of using it to control the world.
Wed 25/05/05 at 19:17
Regular
You have to admit though. Screech is pretty good as the policeman.
Wed 25/05/05 at 19:12
"period drama"
It's like 'Saved by the Bell: The New Class' all over again.
:' (
Wed 25/05/05 at 19:09
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
I have seen a couple of episodes, and preferred the old version.

they messed it up, much like the same with Blockbusters.

what vultures would tamper with gameshow/kids-drama history?

Desperate losers.
Tue 24/05/05 at 19:14
Regular
"0228"
Yeah, good old Jack McKenzie.

[URL]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0171980/[/URL]
Tue 24/05/05 at 18:40
Regular
Errr Postman.
Tue 24/05/05 at 18:32
Regular
"0228"
But then the postman would come and beat you. Then he'd take the watch off you and you'd cry.
Tue 24/05/05 at 18:29
Regular
I'd freeze time and never unfreeze it.
Tue 24/05/05 at 17:42
Regular
Rai wrote:
> Communist Jim wrote:
> Alfonse wrote:
> I wish I had benard's watch.
>
> Same here.
> I could ace all of my exams using that thing.
>
> But it would make the exams ever longer! Plus, you're bound to get
> caught. If you suddenly shift in your seat, and someone spots you
> playing with a watch in your pocket, then you'll draw attention.

Thats why I would have it under my uniform, and everytime I wanted to start/stop time I would be messing with my nipples.

No one would question that.
Tue 24/05/05 at 16:24
Regular
I miss the pain you can see in original Bernard's eyes when he is forced to hold that grin for 10 seconds in the opening.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.