GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"sXe - Straight Edge"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/05/05 at 19:23
Regular
"bot"
Let's go straight edge guys.
I've already drawn the X on the back of my hand.

[URL]http://sxe.com[/URL]

"X For myself For my friends For my family FOREVER X"
Mon 23/05/05 at 20:43
Regular
"but i am a sheep..."
Paradox: wrote:
> No way.
>
> When I'm a teenager I'll never be part of a subculture.

wat's wrong with wanting to be part of a subculture, wats wrong with wanting to be different?
i know a couple of straight edge people and they're the same as all the other people who want to be different but so wat, at least they're happy
Mon 23/05/05 at 20:17
Regular
"SOUP!"
No way.

When I'm a teenager I'll never be part of a subculture.
Mon 23/05/05 at 20:09
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
>
> Now it seems like kids want to get their stereotype identity with the
> rise of Emo and Goths and this tripe.

It's been that way since the teenager was born. Mods vs. Rockers onwards. Hippies, New Wavers, Soul Boys, Punks, Goths, Ravers, Metallers, B-Boys... list goes on and on.

Nothing new here.

So what, it gives youth culture scenes where people can find common interests and arguments. It gives the disinfranchised a sense of belonging. Of course it's silly, but it's fun. Enjoy it :)
Mon 23/05/05 at 20:02
Regular
"SOUP!"
loki wrote:

> Andd if you'd read the thread, you'd know that it's not 'my
> subculture'. I personally hate the sXe scene.

But you know all the coolz MySpace abrevs for sXe.

Whatever. You're such a dork. :-P
Mon 23/05/05 at 20:01
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Yeah I see that it isn't an advertising network now (although you can see why I would think that), but I still think it's ridiculous.
Mon 23/05/05 at 20:01
Regular
"SOUP!"
of course, to a degree.

Now it seems like kids want to get their stereotype identity with the rise of Emo and Goths and this tripe.

It makes the chavs look indiferent.
Mon 23/05/05 at 20:00
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
What's the whole 'being different' thing anyway?

What's wrong with embracing the similarities of view with a group of people and enjoying a sense of community? Sounds like a pretty lonely cynical way to live if you're not allowed to identify with others.

So we should have no subcultures? Everyone should be culturally alone, or everyone has to part of one big shapreless mass? Where's the fun in that? What's the harm in people getting together because they like the same thing and identifying with each other? That's human nature.

Andd if you'd read the thread, you'd know that it's not 'my subculture'. I personally hate the sXe scene.

I was just correcting a few historical misconceptions that people voiced without understanding what Straight Edge actually is.
Mon 23/05/05 at 20:00
Regular
"The definitive tag"
> - what happened to making up your own mind about things and deciding
> what you beleive in, what you wear, listen to, ingest etc.

Was it ever like that?
Mon 23/05/05 at 19:52
Regular
"SOUP!"
I make fun of them too.

Sheep, the lot of them.

Dude (or dudette if you're a shemale, im not too sure) I know you're defending your little subculture thing, but they're all more or less the same. Everyone to their own stuff, it just sucks that kids swallow up these ideals that come with music, clothes and merchandise - what happened to making up your own mind about things and deciding what you beleive in, what you wear, listen to, ingest etc.
Mon 23/05/05 at 19:48
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"

> But they're all different and original right?

Not really. But then Christians aren't being particularly original when they wear crosses to represent their beliefs to the world. So what, who claimed they were?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.