GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Saddam in his skiddies.."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/05/05 at 19:43
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Has this been posted already? Anyway. If you've seen the Sun today you'll know what I'm talking about, if not [URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4567341.stm[/URL]

As much as I understand some people's hatred of the man, aren't there laws against this sort of thing? Ethically, isn't this wrong? I admit I did smile when I saw it, but more than anything it made me feel sorry for the man :S
Fri 20/05/05 at 19:43
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Has this been posted already? Anyway. If you've seen the Sun today you'll know what I'm talking about, if not [URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4567341.stm[/URL]

As much as I understand some people's hatred of the man, aren't there laws against this sort of thing? Ethically, isn't this wrong? I admit I did smile when I saw it, but more than anything it made me feel sorry for the man :S
Fri 20/05/05 at 19:46
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Shame they dont publish the pictures of the continued bombing and shootings going on in Iraq.
Guess that doesn't sell papers as much.

"President George W Bush said he did not think the photos would encourage insurgents in Iraq.
"I don't think a photo inspires murderers. I think they're inspired by an ideology that's so barbaric and backwards that it's hard for many in the Western world to comprehend how they think."

Barbaric & backwards.
Sure.
Fri 20/05/05 at 19:51
Regular
"but i am a sheep..."
i'm sure most readers of the sun would rather see Saddam in his undies then the violence in Iraq
Fri 20/05/05 at 19:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
And that's why Sun Readers should be fired into the sun from an enormous mongcannon
Fri 20/05/05 at 20:01
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
"iconic news image"

To me iconic is the marines raising the flag over Iwo Jima, the picture of Kim Phuc running from a napalm attack. Not an ex dictator in his pants doing his washing.

I'm so proud to be British at times......

Sure it shows a fall from grace, and photography by it's nature is voyeuristic, but this pic is just, well, seedy to be honest.

Coincidence that Big Brother is starting next week? "This seasons BB will have a new feature, it's set in the Ministry of Love and has Room 101"

I wanna see Burtons face mapped onto someone stretching them on the rack. "How many finger am I holding up?"

Hell yeah.
Fri 20/05/05 at 20:47
Regular
I believe this is being considered a breach in the Geneva Conventions treaty, with regard to Humanitarian Law and the treatment of a prisoner of war. [URL]http://www.unhchr.ch/html/menu3/b/91.htm[/URL] Article 3(c)...what a nightmare, to say the least.

I don't find this funny at all. I find it an insult to the general culture of our society. I believe in freedom of the press and all that, but The Sun seems to be trying to instigate more war. Therefore, they should be the ones charged with a war crime and chastised from publishing any media whatsoever.

I'm not defending Saddam Hussein or any of his crew with this. I'm defending human dignity and this is clearly a disgrace.

Not that I'm against exposure's of the flesh..hehe. No..! I didn't mind Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction" at all. As a matter of fact, I couldn't figure what the hype was all about. It was just a little boobage! Pah. Mine are bigger.

But, Saddamn is just NO Chippendale, aiiight? This is just all wrong.

Makes me hurl, it's just so sick and wrong!
Fri 20/05/05 at 20:53
"period drama"
It's hardly humiliating or degrading.
A bloke in his underwear ... big deal.

Whatever, tis a complete non-story.

When's the actual trial, anyway? Seems like everyone's forgotten for some reason.
Fri 20/05/05 at 21:43
Regular
Celestine wrote:
> I'm not defending Saddam Hussein or any of his crew with this. I'm
> defending human dignity and this is clearly a disgrace.

I'm afraid this stupidity might put a delay on the actual trial. He's apparently pressing charges and I really wouldn't doubt that he'd try using this material as evidence in his defense that the United Nations, the US in particular, targeted him to purposefully humiliate and make him the example of a leader that refused to comply with Western rule.

Oh yeah..he's got a bit of leverage now in pleading his case.
Fri 20/05/05 at 21:51
"period drama"
Hmmm ... not quite sure how far 'picture of me in my tighty-whities' would tip the scale against 'me being an oppressive, race-slaughtering dictator' ... but stranger thing have happened.
Fri 20/05/05 at 21:59
Regular
Ah yes, my good friend, The Sun

The awful, awful tabloid that brought as such 'news' as 'Burn your Swiss things - England are playing Switzerland in footie'

Famous for Page 3, I think that's the only reason anyone buys the Sun. It always seems to be bought by fat, balding, truckers who obviously haven't grasped the philosophy of 'the Internet'

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.