GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Saddam in his skiddies.."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/05/05 at 19:43
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Has this been posted already? Anyway. If you've seen the Sun today you'll know what I'm talking about, if not [URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4567341.stm[/URL]

As much as I understand some people's hatred of the man, aren't there laws against this sort of thing? Ethically, isn't this wrong? I admit I did smile when I saw it, but more than anything it made me feel sorry for the man :S
Sat 28/05/05 at 23:23
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Mumbai Duck wrote:
> I think it's obvious that Saddam manufactured this leak.
> Isn't it clear what he's trying to do?
> He's going to use his sexy body to turn the world gay.
> And the world will belong to him!

I just watched the South Park Movie again... Can't take anything to do with Saddam seriously for a while...
Sat 28/05/05 at 17:12
Regular
"Pwned. =)"
It invasive, but the sun have never cared about that. How I hate them.
Sat 21/05/05 at 19:54
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Celestine wrote:
> With a member of my family in the military out there in that region,
> I'm not laughing either. I'm more worried about what impact this
> will have.

The whole thing's unfunny. That's the sun for you.
Sat 21/05/05 at 17:23
Regular
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Celestine wrote:
> I don't find this funny at all. I find it an insult to the general
> culture of our society. I believe in freedom of the press and all
> that, but The Sun seems to be trying to instigate more war.
> Therefore, they should be the ones charged with a war crime and
> chastised from publishing any media whatsoever.
>
> While I doubt that the sun is trying to instigate more war (how?
> Saddam has been removed) I fully agree that it's an insult to our
> intelligence. But never mind kids! Big Brother starts next week!
> that'll take your mind of whats happening in the world!

Although the man has been removed from administration, there is still intense volitility in that region of the world, needless to say. There are still militant groups that want to kill everything in the name of Allah and resist conforming to the civilized world..well, because their ancestors did it that way and to date, they live in such grandeur..so why change anything? Yeah, I'm being sarcastic there.

There's a mindset with those aggressive groups who have known nothing but hostility all their lives and have been raised to believe the external world is evil. They take up any excuse to create more war. And The Sun is handing them one on a shiney silver platter.

It's worrying that those pictures in particular were leaked. As if there wasn't enough anti-American sentiment in the world today..

It's an apparent breach in the Geneva Conventions and that puts someone's ass on the line. I'm sure The Sun is profiting from this farce, all the while instigating more hostility against efforts for peace in the world with their ambivalent attitudes towards the sensitivity of the current conditions in those regions.

I guess I wouldn't be so bothered about it if I didn't have a brother on those frontlines getting shot up every funking day. And I know most of you could really give a rip, because even I tell him I didn't twist his arm behind his back for him to do that for our country. But, I believe in peace and hope that his life and the lives of all those from every country out there in that effort for peace, will continue to be valued and appreciated.

What is the purpose for The Sun to have printed those pictures? For a laugh? I'm sure the Iraqi people are not laughing (even if it is Saddam in his underwear), as I'm almost positive this is an offense toward their religious custom of not exposing the skin.

With a member of my family in the military out there in that region, I'm not laughing either. I'm more worried about what impact this will have.
Sat 21/05/05 at 14:47
Regular
I think it's obvious that Saddam manufactured this leak.

Isn't it clear what he's trying to do?

He's going to use his sexy body to turn the world gay.

And the world will belong to him!
Sat 21/05/05 at 12:05
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Celestine wrote:
> I don't find this funny at all. I find it an insult to the general
> culture of our society. I believe in freedom of the press and all
> that, but The Sun seems to be trying to instigate more war.
> Therefore, they should be the ones charged with a war crime and
> chastised from publishing any media whatsoever.

While I doubt that the sun is trying to instigate more war (how? Saddam has been removed) I fully agree that it's an insult to our intelligence. But never mind kids! Big Brother starts next week! that'll take your mind of whats happening in the world!
Sat 21/05/05 at 02:35
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Scum Vs Scum
Sadam is apparently going to sue The Sun "newpaper", i consider this a Win/Win situation, god bless The Scum......... i mean Sun
Fri 20/05/05 at 23:12
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Hmmm ... not quite sure how far 'picture of me in my tighty-whities'
> would tip the scale against 'me being an oppressive,
> race-slaughtering dictator' ... but stranger thing have happened.

Yeah, I think it's just strange for the ENTIRE WORLD media to be buzzing about that snappy shot of the Saddamn tighty-whities today in The Sun and how it's a breach to the Geneva Conventions..hmm. They must all be high.

I'd hate for the buzzer to get out of what he truly deserves on a stupid "inhumanity" technicality. Of all people too.
Fri 20/05/05 at 21:59
Regular
Ah yes, my good friend, The Sun

The awful, awful tabloid that brought as such 'news' as 'Burn your Swiss things - England are playing Switzerland in footie'

Famous for Page 3, I think that's the only reason anyone buys the Sun. It always seems to be bought by fat, balding, truckers who obviously haven't grasped the philosophy of 'the Internet'
Fri 20/05/05 at 21:51
"period drama"
Hmmm ... not quite sure how far 'picture of me in my tighty-whities' would tip the scale against 'me being an oppressive, race-slaughtering dictator' ... but stranger thing have happened.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.