GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Port Tunneling"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/05/05 at 15:46
Regular
"NULL"
I have a problem regarding our Uni's oh-so-helpful firewall. Basically I can get to ports 21, 23, 80, 443 and one or two others (secure SMTP etc).

However, I need to get to a website which runs off port 8443. Does anyone know how I can do this? I've looked at using Putty, but my problem is I don't have a computer on the outside to use at the moment. I can arrange one, but it's not the ideal solution cos it won't be my computer....
Tue 24/05/05 at 09:20
Regular
With SSH access into the firewall you should be able to pass the single IP address through the firewall quite easily on all ports.

Freeola wrote:
> Do you have SSH access into the firewall?
Tue 24/05/05 at 09:51
Regular
"NULL"
You would need root access for that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.