GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Port Tunneling"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/05/05 at 15:46
Regular
"NULL"
I have a problem regarding our Uni's oh-so-helpful firewall. Basically I can get to ports 21, 23, 80, 443 and one or two others (secure SMTP etc).

However, I need to get to a website which runs off port 8443. Does anyone know how I can do this? I've looked at using Putty, but my problem is I don't have a computer on the outside to use at the moment. I can arrange one, but it's not the ideal solution cos it won't be my computer....
Tue 24/05/05 at 09:51
Regular
"NULL"
You would need root access for that.
Tue 24/05/05 at 09:20
Regular
With SSH access into the firewall you should be able to pass the single IP address through the firewall quite easily on all ports.

Freeola wrote:
> Do you have SSH access into the firewall?
Mon 23/05/05 at 13:49
Regular
"bing bang bong"
His University firewall?
Mon 23/05/05 at 13:33
Regular
Couldn't you just mod the firewall to allow your IP through on all ports?
Mon 23/05/05 at 12:02
Regular
"NULL"
Lol. Technically they won't be able to see what I'm doing cos it's via an HTTPS connection through an SSH tunnel....they'll prob just kick me off for doing something they can't see!
Mon 23/05/05 at 11:58
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
This is like the movie Hackers, but better.
Mon 23/05/05 at 11:53
Regular
"NULL"
It's OK, I've found a way through using SSH Tunneling.

Ironically, I'm tunneling through to one of their firewall admin machines as my computer on the outside! Breaking out of the firewall using their firewall.
Mon 23/05/05 at 09:39
Regular
Let your IP through the firewall?!
Sat 21/05/05 at 16:06
Regular
"NULL"
OK, I've found that I can access websites on port 8443 through the proxy, so long as they're not over HTTPS. Unfortunately the site I want is on HTTPS. Any ideas?
Fri 20/05/05 at 16:34
Regular
"NULL"
Yes.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.