GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New WoTw Trailer"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/05/05 at 08:53
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
[URL]http://movies.channel.aol.com/franchise/exclusives/war_of_the_worlds_movie[/URL]

Now with added aliens. TRIPODS! With TENTACLES! (YES! They haven't bottled it) Picking up people after they've been tipped from a ferry! (Titanic eat your heart out)

Some cool effects by the looks of it, but by christ, I'm getting worked up about this movie. So far it's looking to do what ID4 should have done, I.e. Had running ground battles with the aliens.

Damn, I'll put up with any amount of Spielberg schmaltz for big budget destruction on a grand scale.

Ep3!? Phthththhtt! This is going to be the mainstream SF movie of the year.

[URL]http://img284.echo.cx/my.php?image=hood4hh.jpg[/URL] What I think is the tripod hood.
Fri 20/05/05 at 15:31
Regular
"Twenty quid."
*explodes with excitement*

Me and the old man are going to see this and HHGTTG (eventually).
Fri 20/05/05 at 14:18
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
monkey_man wrote:
> Gah, why do trailers always get posted when my bandwidth is currently
> employed sucking up a certain science fiction film...

Man, if there's one film you wanna watch ofor the first time on the big screen, it's Episode III. You'll totally spoil it for yourself if you watch it on your PC, seriously. It's honestly the best looking film I've ever seen, so watching it on a postage stamp-sized window would kinda take the fun out of it for me...
Fri 20/05/05 at 13:44
Regular
"Excellent"
Yes this does look like a v.v.v good film
Fri 20/05/05 at 11:31
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Yer i reconised that scene when they were in the house. But i think its was one of better scenes in the film. It was a shame the alien looked so funny though, but i guess it was scary in its day.
Fri 20/05/05 at 11:09
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
DreamWarBird wrote:
> The Original film rocked, ending could of been abit better, but im not
> sure how much this new film is based and the book and film.

Elements of both I think. The book was written and set in 1898. The movie was American propoganda against the evil commies.

Invasion, man on the brink of extinction. Hopefully the "common cold" virus element hasn't been mutated into the ridiculous ID4 computer virus "get out of jail free" card. Still, the original ending (both book and 50's movie) is a little dated. I wonder how they'll do it? The alien in the house is straight out of the 50's movie. The ferry replaces the Thuderchild (would have liked to have seen a destroyer toe to toe with a tripod, still can't have everything)
Fri 20/05/05 at 11:09
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> What, you too? It's timestamped mind.

Quality is better than usual though, seems to have a bit of vertical squashing though.
Fri 20/05/05 at 11:05
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Chippxero wrote:
> There is a version without a timestamp, same quality

I'm only hoping this is it, not too sure - 500Mb more and I'll know...
Fri 20/05/05 at 11:04
Regular
"All about the Beats"
The Original film rocked, ending could of been abit better, but im not sure how much this new film is based and the book and film.
Fri 20/05/05 at 10:59
Regular
"Catch it!"
That looks wicked!
Fri 20/05/05 at 10:51
Regular
"Captain to you."
Does look pretty good still i was kinda worried they would ruin it but i guess time will tell.

There is a version without a timestamp, same quality

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.